• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
What in the hell is going on with the Spartans on the right!? This person needs a few more comics courses........
There is missing fingers, arms, visors and Palmer look's like her hips are broken. And there is more as well this time the recon guy gets a bucket for a helmet:
Jackknife.png
We had a discussion about it 30 or so pages back with bad art from the comics.

Ghazi

Holy shit, Cliff Bleszinski may be about to buy that Warthog, goddamn what an american hero.

edit: Wait, it's already been sold. That's odd. That would've been pretty awesome of him to buy it though. Still it's great that it got sold, it makes me sad to think it may have been scrapped.

xhOrOmL.png

Holy shit, Cliff Bleszinski may be about to buy that Warthog, goddamn what an american hero.

edit: Wait, it's already been sold. That's odd. That would've been pretty awesome of him to buy it though. Still it's great that it got sold, it makes me sad to think it may have been scrapped.

xhOrOmL.png

I believe that it was custom made for a fan film that was being made back in 2011 then it fell through.

Which version? I can see that being the case for the original touch screen controls, but the Xbox version seems fun.
The Xbox One version specifically. That as a simplistic touch game it's passable, but as a game that exists along titles like Assault Heroes on XBLA it's "a bad game".

Havok

The Xbox One version specifically. That as a simplistic touch game it's passable, but as a game that exists along titles like Assault Heroes on XBLA it's "a bad game".
Its roots as a mobile game are super obvious throughout the entire experience. Adding a controller to it didn't magically make the ten minute long missions that (due to having a control scheme that isn't total ass) are almost mindless in their simplicity and difficulty any better of an experience. Compared to the excellent twin-stick shooters that the 360 had from day one of it's life like Geometry Wars or those that came later like Assault Heroes or Renegade Ops? It just doesn't hold a candle. It's kind of novel because oh, those are Halo dudes down there, but it's just not a very good entry in a genre that has such a high bar of quality expectations because of those other standout titles.

I could swear we had pages upon pages about those that horrible comic book art. Or did I time travel?

Ya know, I got the comic last week, and while there wasn't much of the art that stood out to me, those panels aren't very indicative (to me anyway) or the overall product. It's still a decent comic, and it's $4. Not a big deal to me anyway.

Also, welcome back juices, we missed you

TheOddOne

Ya know, I got the comic last week, and while there wasn't much of the art that stood out to me, those panels aren't very indicative (to me anyway) or the overall product. It's still a decent comic, and it's $4. Not a big deal to me anyway.

Also, welcome back juices, we missed you
"Everybody get into the bunker!"

Much story. So development. Wow excitement .

Omni

My new year's resolution is 720p

#xboned

That's my way of saying that I now officially have an X1 on order. Should get here within a few weeks. Can't waiiit

My new year's resolution is 720p

#xboned

That's my way of saying that I now officially have an X1 on order. Should get here within a few weeks. Can't waiiit

Why not walk into a store and get one? Doesn't seem like there are shortages here at least.

And comics again, really? I thought I beat that horse to death personally several pages ago.

In particular, I think [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Figueroa]Don Figueroa[/url] did some phenomenal work in the recent Beast Wars comics. The animals look like legitimate animals, even though half of them are wierd ancient dinosaurs or mammals. He would be fantastic for drawing Covenant. And the robotic parts of the other transformations look great.
Good call, Don Figueroa would be a great fit for Halo. Love his work on Transformers, such clean lines and amazing details.

I think the problem with Halo comics though might stem from the designs and world of Halo just being way too detailed. It's one thing to draw page after page of normal human clothes, and superhero tights. It doesn't compare to the complexity of Spartan armor, UNSC, Covenant, and Forerunner architecture.

What if Halo comics used existing in-game or CG models as a baseline, rigged and posed them for each panel, then penciled/inked/colored over them? You'd never have disproportional characters, and the artist would need to slave away to get every single detail just right for 32 pages per issue.

belushy

Banned
I've got an extra Project Spark key for anyone interested. Gotta have Win 8.1, though! Not sure if redeeming these keys now will be the same for use when the beta comes to Xbox One.

edit: Taken.

wwm0nkey

I've got an extra Project Spark key for anyone interested. Gotta have Win 8.1, though! Not sure if redeeming these keys now will be the same for use when the beta comes to Xbox One.

Same I have an extra key for someone if they want in as well. Just make sure to actually play it though.

Omni

Why not walk into a store and get one? Doesn't seem like there are shortages here at least.

And comics again, really? I thought I beat that horse to death personally several pages ago.
Apparently the next shipment isn't until mid jan, here at least. I could probably shop around and buy one in-store, but it's just easier to order online.

and these threads have been on repeat for at least the last two years, :lol. I personally can't wait until we start talking about Master Chief's armour redesign again. That's always exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom