• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I read it wrong, thought he meant it had been confirmed. I need to go to bed.
MDbRv.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I have a feeling we're gonna see Chief without his helmet in Halo 4.

I hope he's bad ass looking.

If we ever do see Chief's face (I doubt we ever will) he better not just be another scarred bald space marine.

When was the last time he even had a haircut? Chief better be rockin a crazy head of hair.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Why couldn't it be likely? It's been said that a focus of the new trilogy is to explore the Master Chief's character. Even though I don't want it to happen, I wouldn't be surprised if his face is shown before the end of this trilogy.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Do the books say anything about his appearance? It's been a while since I've read Fall of Reach.

blamite

Do the books say anything about his appearance? It's been a while since I've read Fall of Reach.
There's a brief description in The Flood, all that I remember offhand though is that he's super pale. The Fall of Reach comics show a decent amount of unmasked Chief, too, but they cover his face with shadows and stuff most of the time.

zap

"a typical six-year-old male, with tousled brown hair and a sly smile that revealed a gap between his front teeth".

Trollol

During a briefing scene in Halo: The Flood, the Chief is described as tall with short hair, serious eyes, and strong features. His skin is "too white", a consequence of spending most of his time in his armor

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Roseanne? That's random.

Also: I never wanna see Chief's face.

Roseanne? That's random.

Also: I never wanna see Chief's face.
I love that Snickers commercial where she gets nailed at the end. For some reason that's the first thing that popped into my head when people were joking about surprise master chief faces.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO_uJVL8KkA

I'm not sure I want to see the real face either. We'd all be disappointed. Everyone's notion of what the Chief looks like has been uniquely molded and engrained into every Halo fan's mind, over the last several Halo campaigns, each different from the next. Not that i have an exact image in my head, but i definitely have a preconceived expectation. It could have been pulled off at the end of Halo2, but now I think it would be a bad idea. It would be some kind of goofy duke nukem face and I'd be pissed.

I got to say, my hype level is going up considerably, and I will tell you something, you can definitely trust Ryan from OXM.

A long time ago, I think he used work for a gaming mag called Xbox World (or something like that). This guy absolutely Hated, Hated halo, not blind hate mind you, he had his reason(s). Although iv been out of the loop, I'm not sure how much he truly likes Halo nowadays. But he is honest, and if he says he's stunned, than its gotta be something.

Get hyped folks, get hyped.

Define brave, in a halo context. If you will.
A change in game structure maybe?
Some mechanical component of the game?

There're a hell of a bunch of designers from really interesting non-Halo backgrounds at 343, and I want that to be obvious from the gameplay.
That if I played it without being aware of the circumstances I'd think "Huh, this game is significantly different to the other Halo games, wonder why?"

Ultimately it's hard for me to classify exactly what I mean.
We've seen bits of 343I's visual stamp (on the Chief), and heard bits of their auditory one, but now I want to see bits of their gameplay one.

A change in game structure maybe?
Some mechanical component of the game?

There're a hell of a bunch of designers from really interesting non-Halo backgrounds at 343, and I want that to be obvious from the gameplay.
That if I played it without being aware of the circumstances I'd think "Huh, this game is significantly different to the other Halo games, wonder why?"

Ultimately it's hard for me to classify exactly what I mean.
We've seen bits of 343I's visual stamp (on the Chief), and heard bits of their auditory one, but now I want to see bits of their gameplay one.

Yep, this is what I was thinking when you said brave.

But, brave is a very hard thing to attempt in an established franchise, ultimately the more you change from a gameplay perspective the less it's Halo right?

Yep, this is what I was thinking when you said brave.

But, brave is a very hard thing to attempt in an established franchise, ultimately the more you change from a gameplay perspective the less it's Halo right?
Yeah, as I said, hard to classify.
Subtle but good changes could go a long way.
Hell, if the overall quality of the campaign is higher I'll be happy enough.

Yeah, as I said, hard to classify.
Subtle but good changes could go a long way.
Hell, if the overall quality of the campaign is higher I'll be happy enough.

Agreed, this campaign has the possibility of bieng a very big step up compared to its predecessors. The story for starters is something I'm salivating over.

I do wonder how much they incorporate the details from the books, I played gears 3 sometime ago, they were referring to a lot of stuff from the books and I was completely lost in that regard, but it's still something I want to see in the Halo franchise.

An endorsement from you is like the kiss of death!

OH MA GAAWD.

He is alive, are you ever gonna play Halo again?

Also, you may have missed this Gem:

I can just hear the crying from Myyke, I hope he's lurking. I really do.

What's happened to that kid? He posted often for a second and then disappeared.

He's around, playing mass effect 3 whilst simultaneously engaging in beastiality...probably.

Myyke

Neo Member
OH MA GAAWD.

He is alive, are you ever gonna play Halo again?

One does not simply play Mass Effect 3 damn you! I have also been busy setting myself up my own business to keep me occupied while I'm still looking for jobs, I've completed the work for my first couple of clients so should be getting back into more of a routine for appearing online in the evenings!

Seeing as I've missed pretty much all of this OT (although I'm slowly trudging back through it), has there been anything else on the Halo front since the initial ViDoc reveal?

One does not simply play Mass Effect 3 damn you! I have also been busy setting myself up as a freelancer since the job hunt is still ongoing, but now that things are in motion I should have some more free time in the evenings!

Seeing as I've missed pretty much all of this OT (although I'm slowly trudging back through it), has there been anything else on the Halo front since the initial ViDoc reveal?

Info blowout hopefully from this Thursday.

Good to hear about the free time, excellent, you should grab castlevania harmony of despair!

Also Calum told me you were a freelance hooker, the finest in Scotland, since that position was left vacant by a certain someone a long time ago.

Good to hear about the free time, excellent, you should grab castlevania harmony of despair!

Also Calum told me you were a freelance hooker, the finest in Scotland, since that position was left vacant by a certain someone a long time ago.
I'm quoting bsangel:
Warning: Late news is small. I mean small news is late. I mean... well, both statements are accurate, so I'll just leave it at that. Until then....

Myyke

Neo Member

Damn you, I mashed the edit button as soon as I realised just how open to interpretation my statement was! I'll give CV a go if there is a trial for it, will have a look after the update for BF3 finishes downloading!

I'm quoting bsangel:

I realise this, that's why I said from this Thursday, I didn't say on Thursday. : P

Damn you, I mashed the edit button as soon as I realised just how open to interpretation my statement was! I'll give CV a go if there is a trial for it, will have a look after the update for BF3 finishes downloading!

So, will you be on BF3 tonight? I should really play that game, been waiting for that damn patch.

Myyke

Neo Member
I realise this, that's why I said from this Thursday, I didn't say on Thursday. : P

So, will you be on BF3 tonight? I should really play that game, been waiting for that damn patch.

I should be on for some BF3/Halo from about 7ish, also the patch is about 1gb!

Top Bottom