• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

UK.jpg

I told you Juices.

The only thing we can cling to in this state!

Yea you only had to have an NBA team to win it too! Booya.

heckfu

Banned
And congrats to Cyren, whose second place finish earned him the prize pack. PM me your address; since I'm currently working out of town I won't be able to ship until this weekend (at least).

Lol sorry, I don't mean to sound douchey.
You didn't sound douchey, just when I started up the video I was thinking "I should really be using these" then BAM the text on the screen says basically the same thing.

For whatever reason, never been so uninterested in the national championship as this year.

After last year's UConn-Butler game I swore off of March Madness for the next few years. I've seen better basketball played in my backyard.

PNut

Banned
So tomorrow Arena going to be Sprint only? Sprint/Hologram? Any map changes?

If anyone knows please tell. I don't even know where to start looking for this info on Waypoint.

So tomorrow Arena going to be Sprint only? Sprint/Hologram? Any map changes?

If anyone knows please tell. I don't even know where to start looking for this info on Waypoint.

Jetpack removed. No other changes are listed.

Posted because Plywood is simply no help at all.

zap

It's updated version will have the missing frames restored. And less vehicles
And by that I mean no Scorpions

It needs less Scorpions, Wraith, Falcons, Gauss and Warthogs and Revenants.

I can't believe it actually made it in. It looks like vehicles were just dumped in until the budget was depleted. Boggles my mind.

FyreWulff

It needs less Scorpions, Wraith, Falcons, Gauss and Warthogs and Revenants.

I can't believe it actually made it in. It looks like vehicles were just dumped in until the budget was depleted. Boggles my mind.

No. They were all specifically placed with plenty of budget left over. Also, if I deleted all of those it wouldn't have been a Heavy map, which is what 343 wanted. Spire without all the vehicles is an alternate version of Spire, not a heavy Spire. In fact, they called out the Gauss specifically as a wanted vehicle on every non-FW map.

Turns out people's Xboxes don't take kindly to Scorpions being on that map, though.

Either way, it's being dialed and retuned for whenever it comes back.

zap

No. They were all specifically placed with plenty of budget left over.

Turns out people's Xboxes don't take kindly to Scorpions being on that map, though.

I didn't count, but I was spawned down the bottom and I saw about 8 vehices, in less than half the map... :| I'd have a guess at over 20 vehicles... in a 16 player map. A lot of these vehicles require 2 people minimum. It's overkill.

Heavies != Everyone must have access to a vehicle at all times.

Edit:
Halo 4 looks much better than Reach. In person, seeing the engine run and watching match replays, it looks like they've created a global illumination system to go with their 720p, and the level of detail on models and environments looks considerably improved.

I will back this up. I was honestly stunned at just how much better it looks in motion than Reach.

Hype!!

FyreWulff

I didn't count, but I was spawned down the bottom and I saw about 8 vehices, in less than half the map... :| I'd have a guess at over 20 vehicles... in a 16 player map. A lot of these vehicles require 2 people minimum. It's overkill.

Heavies != Everyone must have access to a vehicle at all times.

That's your opinion, but it was intentionally set up to where a team couldn't control all the vehicles on the map at once. People don't play Heavies to be tactical. The idea was to have as much action and map churn as possible. You spawn, armor up, have fun, blow the fuck up, respawn, get in a vehicle, do it again. The vehicles are a bit more heavily placed near the Spireside of the map, but that's mostly because it's the more active part of the map and has fairer places to start both teams in Slayer, so their vehiclies are going to be near those starts.

Here's the thread where I'm dealing with feedback and posting updates on Waypoint. But I'm sticking Cragmire's update in the back of the queue behind helping the other CCs get new content up and processing the update for Delta Facility. So I'm actually glad that they're pulling it for now so people don't get burned out on it before the update is finished.

TheOddOne

Yeah, a little more hype.

Words that left my mouth after our session: if you told me this was a next-gen Xbox game, I might believe you. It looks like a new engine for the first time since Halo 3.

I'm sure plenty of stuff in the game will be picked apart and derided as "last-gen." But it looked (and sounded - fuck, for reals, the sounds) amazing.

So a friend and I were trolling randoms last night, and we were trying to convince some group of kids we worked for Microsoft. Anyway, after they kicked us from their party after probably the 20th time (they finally made it invite only this time), we thought that was the end of it. But today my friend randomly got a message from one of the people that said "could you repot (gamertag) plz" or something like that. It's probably been a good 24 hours since we were messing with them, haha. So we replied back with "Thanks for the tip! My team and I will discuss it and we'll get back to you within two weeks!" Messing with randoms is fun, lol.

FyreWulff

If they think it looks like the first new engine since 3, then it must look pretty good, considering Halo 3's engine couldn't even do some of Reach's levels and most of the level of detail the Spartans/weapons/NPCs had. They had to fall back to matte paintings in a lot of places in 3 that are full 3D scenes in Reach (edit: in terms of scope / type of scenery being displayed).

Can't wait to see a Firefight session on this new version of the Halo engine, since it'll be at Campaign graphics levels.

If they think it looks like the first new engine since 3, then it must look pretty good, considering Halo 3's engine couldn't even do some of Reach's levels and most of the level of detail the Spartans/weapons/NPCs had. They had to fall back to matte paintings in a lot of places in 3 that are full 3D scenes in Reach.

Can't wait to see a Firefight session on this new version of the Halo engine.

That's a big statement. Reach's engine is way beyond Halo 3's.

GhaleonEB

When the press starts talking about the game in these terms, it's even more clear that Halo 4's coming out party is just around the corner.

Yeah, a little more hype.

Yeah, wow, that's quite a positive reaction, my hype has hit a new degree. Its pretty funny how we are now hearing these reactions rather than closer to March 5th with the actual reveal. So happy all signs are pointing to Halo 4 looking and sounding phenomenal as well as being the GI cover story. Bring on the fun.

Hype Mode

off [on]

I hope these graphics don't mean a smooth 15 frames per second.

They do.

It makes Halo, Halo.

God, I hope we get a steady frame rate.

I hope we get MP info this week. I honestly don't care about getting campaign info, in fact, the less campaign info prior to release, the better.

Random note: My new avatar is the shit.

Ramirez

Yeah, wow, that's quite a positive reaction, my hype has hit a new degree. Its pretty funny how we are now hearing these reactions rather than closer to March 5th with the actual reveal. So happy all signs are pointing to Halo 4 looking and sounding phenomenal as well as being the GI cover story. Bring on the fun.

Hmm?

Top Bottom