• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Frankles.. we used to be so close..

tumblr_lupm3c7kk91qzcq51o1_r1_500.gif

Dude was permabanned from NeoGAF ages ago. Feels like we're being stalked.
Eazy still shows up on a member search, but I don't see anything for DEEP NNN, if that's the user name he chose here. Either way, kind of sad to see someone begging like that.

...I was all excited to read Plywood's mushroom-induced posts, but alas.

GhaleonEB

I clicked on Refernce 1 and went straight down the rabbit hole of Dyack's antics and Too Human's spectacular failure. Oh what a ride that was. Evilore's thread was so, so good.

Eazy still shows up on a member search, but I don't see anything for DEEP NNN, if that's the user name he chose here. Either way, kind of sad to see someone begging like that.

Yeah I might be thinking of someone else. Looking at the search list, I think it was Deepblue I was thinking of.

I could pretend to be Frankie if it will make you guys feel any better?

Plywood your posts were incredible.

Harassment, and now imitation? Now you're flirting with illegality.

You guys know David Ellis, important member of Halo 4 dev team still posts here right? Or did I miss him saying that he is taking a break as well?

Damn it monster, you have made Bobs aware of Ellis now, he's hunting 343 down!

Fracas

#fuckonami
You guys know David Ellis, important member of Halo 4 dev team still posts here right? Or did I miss him saying that he is taking a break as well?

GhaleonEB

Deep NNN if you're reading this, I meant to note that it "feels odd" in my last post on HBO, not that YOU are odd. I wish HBO had an edit funtion. :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
It might actually be better for this community if 343 entirely take a wee step back. Folks have developed certain expectations, members join up just because of their presence and "news" sites peruse this place to fill up their weekly Halo news quotas.

I have nothing against anyone here, but I think some radio silence going forward may not be a bad thing. This place has always had the eye of developers and I don't think that's going to change any time soon but HaloGAF today is a strange, maybe even unsustainable, place.

Homeboyd

Deep NNN if you're reading this, I meant to note that it "feels odd" in my last post on HBO, not that YOU are odd. I wish HBO had an edit funtion. :(
Yeah I don't think he was a member here. As an aside, for what it's worth, I think he was mostly kidding. Dude is good people. Helped me quite a bit at Blueprint in the past (and I think he helps Fyrewulff in his Zombie group) and did far more work in Atlas, for Atlas, than anyone I could remember.

*bows out*

Hey, so guys... If I told you all that I too was going to post here less, would anyone care?

:)

It might actually be better for this community if 343 entirely take a wee step back. Folks have developed certain expectations, members join up just because of their presence and "news" sites peruse this place to fill up their weekly Halo news quotas.

I have nothing against anyone here, but I think some radio silence going forward may not be a bad thing. This place has always had the eye of developers and don't think that's going to change any time soon but HaloGAF today is a strange, maybe even unsustainable, place.

Maybe we can get Bobs' to chase other developers away? :p

Anyway, completely agree.

feel

No need to over react about Frankie, he's not going anywhere, just taking a step or two back for now. It's for the best really, like Dani says it had become a bit too much lately with the eyes of the world on us. I'm sure he'll still post when there's actually something new to talk about, or he has some good joke to tell.

Also, letters, that's a serious fuckin rig man. You building it yourself?
Yeah, but a good friend of mine who is very experienced about this stuff will be there by my side making sure I don't screw up.

I have nothing against anyone here, but I think some radio silence going forward may not be a bad thing. This place has always had the eye of developers and I don't think that's going to change any time soon but HaloGAF today is a strange, maybe even unsustainable, place.

ibcS6IDI7iWLVa.jpg

:(

RIP Frankles ;_;
Were it so easy.

That'd be both great and terrible. Very false build to, they've been beating that Forerunner drum/Precusors for a while now. Would be dirty to bait and switch too strongly.
Would be great for Halo 5/6 though. Would love if that's a change 343I could bring. Political manoeuvring, testing Chief's loyalties etc.

Ackerson's dead though.

Didn't his story suggest he might have escaped the brown dwarf using a last-minute hand-calculated slipspace jump though? Maybe Requiem's some sort of slipspace guidance terminal (hence Cortana's beacon getting to the UNSC in relative speed) and they warped him there intentionally. It could give Jorge, Halo Wars characters, etc. chances to appear (or at least give them more datapad/captain's log opportunities if they got killed as soon as they dropped in) and make some reasonable sense. As for other campaign ideas, maybe (I've never actually played any Mass Effect games so bare with me here) they could be AIs in forerunner suits similar to Legion? Hell, even a Halo 3 ODST level of surprise
(Vergil giving you shields in the endgame)
where Cortana hijacks a Promethean suit or something would be pretty cool.

No need to over react about Frankie, he's not going anywhere, just taking a step or two back for now. It's for the best really, like Dani says it had become a bit too much lately with the eyes of the world on us. I'm sure he'll still post when there's actually something new to talk about, or he has some good joke to tell.

Yeah, but a good friend of mine who is very experienced about this stuff will be there by my side making sure I don't screw up.

You won't screw up, just wear a static wrist strap. The most complicated part will be applying thermal paste and attaching your heat-sink rig. Newegg has some videos on that, which I followed.

I would call in backup as a lifeline.

Gui_PT

Raptr is amazing, you can even get free games on it now.

Side note, is anyone else but Biggy and me getting Max Payne 3?

Raptr is awesome. Great for tracking games and achievements, hours spent on each game, news related to each game and what your friends do.

I will also be getting that Max Payne beast

zap

Raptr is amazing, you can even get free games on it now.

Side note, is anyone else but Biggy and me getting Max Payne 3?

When I had it installed, it was a major resource hog... I may look into it again. The other thing about it was that I don't like being told how much I actually play games. It scares me sometimes.

Havok

It's a super fun experience, nothing like building something and seeing it work for the first time. It's also incredibly difficult to screw up, ultimately.

kylej

Banned
As Confucius once said, “all good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.” You are Gravemind, 343. You’re the poorly animated poop venus flytrap, the Übermensch with a thousand pointless universe references misunderstood by the dirty proles who aren’t worthy enough to judge you.

Your favorite faith quote, "Believe," is one you’ve fallen victim to yourself, if your opinion of Kyle and Letters post are to be taken to heart. In these pitiable confrontations with them you've proven to be the Flood of gaming development, a sore on the industry and a squanderer of your subordinates' time and effort. Through all this, through this self-inflicted PR nightmare, you’ve conquered vast new frontiers of unwarranted hyperbole and desperate pseudo-intellectual grasping. Buy a COD game, change your studio name to 2nd Best, and take up the reins; 2nd Best would eagerly defer to the greatness of Infinity Ward.

What is an appropriate action to take in response to the company which continues to make Halo games? I won't be tolerating a second retconned "ARG," a second call for HaloGAF's closing, or a second "worst subcommunity" insult. You decided to ignore the option for real terms for your pointless perks, so with the majority of previews condemning your magnum opus to mediocrity I'll claim a suitable prize by telling you to get the hell off HaloGAF.

I know it's based on another post, but even still....
dfd9cf40c68c.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
When I had it installed, it was a major resource hog... I may look into it again. The other thing about it was that I don't like being told how much I actually play games. It scares me sometimes.

I believe that's been fixed now.

Yeah, whenever I look at my EQ2 time it amazes me. (near 1k hours in about 3 months). Although I'm shocked Reach is my third most played game ever.

Raptr is awesome. Great for tracking games and achievements, hours spent on each game, news related to each game and what your friends do.

I will also be getting that Max Payne beast

Yep, I've used it from the beginning and it continues to grow.

Sweet, join the HaloGAF "crew!"

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/halogaf

I'll probably pick it up this summer

Do it now! ;)

I'm getting it, PC version though. Gives me a nice buffer zone to Diablo 3 with.

Wat? They come out the same day!

Gui_PT

Yep, I've used it from the beginning and it continues to grow.

Sweet, join the HaloGAF "crew!"

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/halogaf

Thanks, I'll do it once I remember what my password is

Edit:
LIVE Activity for week of April 30th

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)

1.Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2.Call of Duty: Black Ops
3.FIFA 12
4.Battlefield 3
5.Halo: Reach
6.Modern Warfare 2
7.Skyrim
8.NBA 2K12
9.Gears of War 3
10.GTA IV

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  3. FIFA 12
  4. Battlefield 3
  5. Halo: Reach
  6. Modern Warfare 2
  7. Skyrim
  8. NBA 2K12
  9. Gears of War 3
  10. GTA IV
  11. Trials Evolution
  12. Mass Effect 3
  13. Forza Motorsport 4
  14. NHL12
  15. Madden NFL 12
  16. Halo 3
  17. Red Dead Redemption
  18. Saints Row: The Third
  19. PROTOTYPE 2
  20. Call of Duty 4

Those GTA4 people always make me go "WTF!?"

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Frankie's just playing hard to get. It's like when a girl calls or texts but you don't answer for a while just to get in her head. Don't let Frankie get in your head.

FyreWulff

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  3. FIFA 12
  4. Battlefield 3
  5. Halo: Reach
  6. Modern Warfare 2
  7. Skyrim
  8. NBA 2K12
  9. Gears of War 3
  10. GTA IV
  11. Trials Evolution
  12. Mass Effect 3
  13. Forza Motorsport 4
  14. NHL12
  15. Madden NFL 12
  16. Halo 3
  17. Red Dead Redemption
  18. Saints Row: The Third
  19. PROTOTYPE 2
  20. Call of Duty 4

Those GTA4 people always make me go "WTF!?"

It's based solely off if you boot the game up while connected to LIVE, and the Liberty City Episodes disc counts as base GTAIV.

Too much anger in here. Let's hug it out folks!

Edit: I wish I had a video of this but I feel like adding "Abandon Thread" to this at times :p

iRCbKSwPxrRHW.jpg

A bit of context: Krow was playing MP in ME3 and his Krogan just starts ascending to the heavens. It was pretty funny.

Top Bottom