• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

ZalinKrow

When do you head out? Got Deus Ex to play today! It better be good Robbert and Myyke!

Ah yeah, I forgot you were getting that. Um, I'm probably gonna be leaving around 6 or 7. You'll definitely be offline before I get home I'd say, seeing as you sleep ridiculously early :p
But I'll probably be on Reach in the next while I reckon.

Ah yeah, I forgot you were getting that. Um, I'm probably gonna be leaving around 6 or 7. You'll definitely be offline before I get home I'd say, seeing as you sleep ridiculously early :p
But I'll probably be on Reach in the next while I reckon.

I'll come on around 4.30-5.

And I sleep at ridiculously normal times you mean? : )

Havok

*shrug* Unfollow / set people to ignore if it's that big of an issue for you.
I donated early on and even I think it got to be a little much. I can't imagine the level of annoyance for games press considering the number of backer comments that are basically "hey spam this guys twitter and maybe we'll get a retweet!"

Got my Carter mcfarlane figure delivered today, thats th entire set of noble team i have now + others.

Time to start getting the Unhelmeted versions

I donated early on and even I think it got to be a little much. I can't imagine the level of annoyance for games press considering the number of backer comments that are basically "hey spam this guys twitter and maybe we'll get a retweet!"
And very quickly across the board from Giantbomb to PA Report they publicly stated: Don't come to us about your silly kickstarters".
If anything I think they launched it with not enough/not effective enough press/marketing.

That would be pretty awesome, I hear it's on at 6pm our time?

Are you back home? If so....

custom_1234971378647_mob.jpg

That could work. Less of the
"OMFG FUCKING MS, KINECT BULLSHIT, CODDASDFASDOPADJD ARRGHHH".

Hopefully o_o.

I can't promise you that it won't devolve into that, but the evening is going to start of civil, maybe you would like to join us, by my reckoning we have 1 space left?

Hydra, Krow, Robbert, Myyke, Bobs, Me, Xand, 7 there.

Fucking bullshit, that new job i got just fell threw so im currently jobless.

Halo |OT4| Job hunt with stalker

Ah, shit, sorry to hear that broski.

I can't promise you that it won't devolve into that, but the evening is going to start of civil, maybe you would like to join us, by my reckoning we have 1 space left?

I'd love to.
First scream of "Frankie save us" and I'm a go postal. :p

Why is it I can destroy the dropships in Halo 3 and ODST but not Reach? Feels like a step backwards.

Obviously talking about campaign here. Don't be a smartass! :p

Well, that still doesn't include the tuning forks, and the feedback you get from destroying the Phantoms is little-to-none. It's unsatisfying.
You can blow up any of the Phantoms in campaign if you have the right tools to do it. Not sure what kind of feedback you're talking about; they blow up just like I remember the other ones blowing up, except maybe a little prettier assplosion in Reach.

You can blow up any of the Phantoms in campaign if you have the right tools to do it. Not sure what kind of feedback you're talking about; they blow up just like I remember the other ones blowing up, except maybe a little prettier assplosion in Reach.
In Halo 3 and ODST, whenever you fire at Phantoms, they would slowly get more damaged (parts would fly off, etc) before they blew up. As far as I remember, that isn't the case with Reach's Phantoms. Makes their destruction so much more satisfying.

Edit: I was a little vague in my earlier posts. I was talking about the tuning fork dropships, mainly. Apologies.

Dang that sounds like fun. Wish I could actually hang out with some of you for a change in real life. I'm not as annoying in person lol.

kylej

Banned
a civil discussion of the e3 press conference... boring. I'll grab booties and we'll host our own XBL party. All of Team Downer is invited.

a civil discussion of the e3 press conference... boring. I'll grab booties and we'll host our own XBL party. All of Team Downer is invited.
Not asking for civil, but the scream keyboard hammering of freaking out over every little thing... is not entertaining. The stuff you'd get laughed at for posting it on GAF for.

In Halo 3 and ODST, whenever you fire at Phantoms, they would slowly get more damaged (parts would fly off, etc) before they blew up. As far as I remember, that isn't the case with Reach's Phantoms. Makes their destruction so much more satisfying.

Edit: I was a little vague in my earlier posts. I was talking about the tuning fork dropships, mainly. Apologies.
Fair enough. As to the Spirits, I can't recall an instance where you have the tools to shoot one down in the campaign. My brain is kind of farty this morning, though.

Fuchsdh

Fair enough. As to the Spirits, I can't recall an instance where you have the tools to shoot one down in the campaign. My brain is kind of farty this morning, though.

I've never been able to take one down, myself.

You can't kill any dropships in Firefight can you?

Havok

And very quickly across the board from Giantbomb to PA Report they publicly stated: Don't come to us about your silly kickstarters".
If anything I think they launched it with not enough/not effective enough press/marketing.
In the traditional sense, sure. If they wanted a big budget like that (relatively speaking), especially for that initial platform, they should have pushed for more official coverage rather than trying to rely on the grassroots thing. My real point isn't that I dislike the project or how Ryan and Camouflaj handled it, but it got a lot of very annoying exposure from a few incredibly self-righteous individuals (backers, some GAF posters) that went a long way towards souring me on the whole thing, especially during the 'spam everything, we're desperate!' middle phase.

I don't think that the press is averse to covering kickstarter projects, just that there is a massive deluge of them right now, and a lot of them are fucking terrible (see: that dude who described Pong), and the signal to noise ratio was way lower than it should be.

Halo is a video game.

Gazzawa

i just booted up the ol visual boy advance so i wont be playing Reach for a while
1 more exam i'll be on it tomorrow and forever
its all Megaman Zero 1-4 and Megaman Battlenetwork 1-6 from here on out.
what a great little system.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Battle Network games were legit. What was the Gamecube game that was similar? Network Transmission? Great game.

Top Bottom