• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Thermite

You don't know me, nor does anyone else (this being my first post), but i am sincerely glad you're back. Much like a moth, i'm drawn to these painful, fiery forums because of you. You literate bastard

Despite only using a period and not something more intense, hello to you to ghaleon :)

Because each M boosts my sweetness my an order of magnitude? not sure really, i was being impulsive. But my gamertag is mmmmmmmmmmmmmort if you want to play (in case you're unsure, that's 13 m's)

New favorite poster.

Computron

We are going to be using Steam for Voice Chat tomorrow for the Halo 2 Vista Community Playdate

Halo 2 Vista community playdate players; Check out this post incase you missed it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37786408&postcount=19157

A while back, Microsoft updated GFWL (Xbox Live for PCs) and in the process, broke in-game voice chat. For voice chat to work for Halo 2 Vista I have decided to use Steam. Most people already have it and are familiar with it and its the best choice.

We will be using Group Chat in the HaloGAF group for voicechat.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HaloGAF

Join the group and set up you mic in steam settings -> voice. Wireless mics and wired work alike. Dont forget to resync your wireless mics with your PCs receiver if you are going that route. If you want to switch the Voice output to something other than your headset, that is done through your system sound properties -> playback devices and set your default communications device to whatever you want to listen to people's voice.

In the group, enter the chat lobby, click the arrow in the corner and click "start voice chat."

I also recommend adding Halo 2 to your steam library and launching it from there so you can use the steam overlay while in Halo 2, but this is optional.

If anyone has problems with Halo 2 Vista, reach out to the people in that steam group. I (Vladimir356) will be on there after noon tomorrow.

whew... Take a deep breath and be thankful Xbox live isn't this convoluted.

Have fun tomorrow!

ElRenoRaven

Add it to your steam library by using add game, and find the .exe

It worked for me!

Doesn't for me. I have to run as adminstrator and then when I do UAC pops up. If it doesn't it won't run. I've even created a UAC fix for it using Microsoft's tools and if that UAC message doesn't pop up it won't run. And turning UAC off means it won't work in steam.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Best Hulk by a large margin.

Yessss
Very excited to see it tomorrow. Where does it lie on the superhero film hierarchy? (I haven't seen many older superhero movies, so i'm sure some great ones will be missing. Also a few vigilante movies in as well

---Batman Trilogy Tier--- newest Batman trilogy

God tier- Iron Man, Hellboy, Kickass (bet no one agrees with me there)
Good- Spiderman 1/2, Captain America, The Hulk (newest), X-Men (Except for The Last Stand), Superman Returns
Decent- Spiderman 3, Thor, Watchmen, Iron Man 2, Green Hornet, Hellboy II
WTF is this- Daredevil, Hulk, Catwoman, Elektra, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Green Lantern

Trey

Yessss
Very excited to see it tomorrow. Where does it lie on the superhero film hierarchy? (I haven't seen many older superhero movies, so i'm sure some great ones will be missing. Also a few vigilante movies in as well

Good- Spiderman 1/2, Captain America, The Hulk (newest), X-Men (Except for The Last Stand), Superman Returns
WTF is this- Daredevil, Hulk, Catwoman, Elektra, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Green Lantern

Avengers is my favorite superhero movie and I've seen most of those listed. Don't really have tiers though.

Yessss

what about ghost rider 2

Fracas

#fuckonami
what about ghost rider 2

---How did this get greenlit and why does Nicholas Cage still get work tier---
Ghost Rider 2

edit: wait why did i put thor in the decent list, i hated thor

Ugh, Im really stressed, my health is taking a bit of a dip. This happens sometimes, but it always makes me nervous as I really don't know what it will lead to.. Just wanted to vent, share as my gf is asleep right now..

SDCC figure? It shall be mine!

How much do SDCC exclusives usually cost?

wwm0nkey

Ugh, Im really stressed, my health is taking a bit of a dip. This happens sometimes, but it always makes me nervous as I really don't know what it will lead to.. Just wanted to vent, share as my gf is asleep right now..

How much do SDCC exclusives usually cost?

No idea but I will get it either way! lol

Trey

Play some Halo.

Fuck, now I want to play some Halo.

Batman trilogy are better movies, Avengers is a better superhero movie.

That's a good way to put it. Nolan Batman are the better films, Avengers is the best translation of the sheer fun and imagination superhero comics have been giving us for decades. Two different sides of the spectrum, equally valid interpretations, both highly recommended.

zap

Yessss

Wat.

CyReN

it wasn't that bad.

emospidey.gif

ElRenoRaven

Interesting. Well, either way, it is voice chat. Its not like you are going to need to be switch to it.

Halo 2 Vista's Text And team Text chat both still work if you need to be discrete.

Exactly. That's how I've always looked at it. It's just a freakish thing I've tried to fix for years now but can't. It runs outside of steam perfectly but it's just something about it that doesn't like steam. As long as UAC is on it will start with steam shortcut but the popup asking permission causes the steam overlay not to work. So it's either keep UAC on which doesn't bother me or turn it off and not be able to launch from steam. lol

I still hold out hope though that someday there will be a fix found. Doubtful I know since Microsoft likes to pretend it doesn't exist.

That's a good way to put it. Nolan Batman are the better films, Avengers is the best translation of the sheer fun and imagination superhero comics have been giving us for decades. Two different sides of the spectrum, equally valid interpretations, both highly recommended.
Absolutely this.

Spiderman 3 is what happens when you let Kat drive.

Proelite

Quick question for fellow Halofans.

If MS made a 360 refresh this fall that's capable of playing Halo 4 at 1080p / 60fps, would you pick it up? This would not be a 360 successor, but a 360 turbo edition.

Most if not all important 360 games will be patched to be native 1080p / 60fps for this refresh.

If MS made a 360 refresh this fall that's capable of playing Halo 4 at 1080p / 60fps, would you pick it up? This would not be a 360 successor, but a 360 turbo edition.

Most if not all important 360 games will be patched to be native 1080p / 60fps for this console.
First I'd shit bricks and then I'd look at the small print and see how much their next console was going to screw me in other ways.

Hell, I'd bite for Halo 3/ODST/Reach running 1080p with with full AA and locked 30fps+.

Most if not all important 360 games will be patched to be native 1080p / 60fps for this refresh.

Yes framerate is important to me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Podcast done!

Thanks to Ghaleon for coming on, I had a lot of fun. Show should be up sometime tomorrow. Will post all over the place when it does

<3

edit: Actually maybe tonight?!?!

GhaleonEB

Alright, I've got five energy sword avatar prop codes, and I need a new OT thread title soon. Post some thread titles and I'll send'em to the authors of the ones I like.

With apologies to Juices because I know this phase of the Halo threads drives him insane.

Podcast done!

Thanks to Ghaleon for coming on, I had a lot of fun. Show should be up sometime tomorrow. Will post all over the place when it does

<3
Thanks for having me on, that was a good time.

NOKYARD

Yessss
Very excited to see it tomorrow. Where does it lie on the superhero film hierarchy?

God tier-
God tier, or very near it.

Joss Whedon did a great job of humanizing the characters, especially the female characters, but that is to be expected from him. The heroes got just the right amount of screen time and development to more than satisfy each hero's fan base. The opening scene with Black Widow was a glorious introduction to a character i was not that familiar with.

Pacing, action sequences, and dialogue (including one liners) were top notch for a superhero film.

The ONLY thing which bothered me were some of the 3D decisions. In some CG scenes characters looked like action figures ripped straight from Robot Chicken. When i see it again it will most definitely be the 2D version.

Halo |OT4| Feels like Halo

Halo |OT4| The message just repeats, Regret, Regret, Regret

Halo |OT4| Having a lovely time kicking ass in outer space. Wish you were here!

Halo |OT4| You know me. When I make a promise...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Halo |OT4| You're Just Going To Have To Trust Us
Halo |OT4| Still Feels Like HaloGAF
Halo |OT4| Of Bees and D Slurpers
Halo |OT4| Don't Bother, Frank's Not Here
Halo |OT4| Trust Exercises

Eh, nothing special, but oh well

Top Bottom