• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

I'm not sure how long I'll be able to play Halo 2, Computron, since fracas and I are gonna see The Avengers at around 7. But I should be able to play for around an hour and a half. If you guys play on Sunday too, I can play all day.

kylej

Banned
UNSC, design your bases better. Put some drywall up or something jeez.

I dunno, I'm just so immersed in that picture. The detail... the setting... the sense of place. Immersion is through the charts. This is next level immersion.

Orbital 2.0 baby, bring it on. Who needs playability when you can get maps with metal robot jizz all over the walls.

Overdoziz

Banned
Every multiplayer map should just be Forerunner themed. The nice sleek look of it would be grea-

zg5Og.jpg

1iDIn(3).gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm not sure how long I'll be able to play Halo 2, Computron, since fracas and I are gonna see The Avengers at around 7. But I should be able to play for around an hour and a half. If you guys play on Sunday too, I can play all day.

I'm free all Sunday as well, Computron. And I'll hop onto Halo 2 tomorrow after work, about 5:30 central. I'm probably going to suck though, as I'll be using a keyboard and mouse

kylej

Banned
Map pic didn't load for a while and all I saw was Oprah. Wasn't sure what to think...

So Oprah goes to the doctors office for a routine checkup. After being shown to her room, her doctor walks in a few minutes later. Doctor says "Oprah, if you don't mind, could you please stand in the farthest corner of the room I want to check something". So she does. Doctor then says "ok great can you move to the other corner of the room" So she does. After moving to each corner of the room, Oprah asks "Doctor, with all due respect, what does this have to do with my health?" The doctor replied, "Oh nothing, I'm buying a brown sofa tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out where to put it."

there's an Oprah joke for you.

Woorloog

Banned
Okay, Halo 2 Vista was fun. There's a bit of latency though, sucks. Oh well, the maps are awesome.
And lol at "Cat Guardian", the guy had some serious rage control issues.

Computron

Okay, Halo 2 Vista was fun. There's a bit of latency though, sucks. Oh well, the maps are awesome.
And lol at "Cat Guardian", the guy had some serious rage control issues.

lol, hes still in here.

I think the latency was on you europeean ass side. I got business class. My upload is awesome.

Woorloog

Banned
lol, hes still in here.

I think the latency was on you europeean ass side. I got business class. My upload is awesome.

The latency ain't bad, just lacking one bar from the latency meter. But combined with others latency... Well, it works well enough, the game is fun enough that latency doesn't really matter.
But i think i'll try to go to sleep soon. Sun's rising soon... EDIT in 23 minutes. Definetly a good time to go sleep...

FyreWulff

Nope, not anymore. So disappointing. =/

Yeah, S8P has the following sort options:

Timegate (the dev) server
Go to server by gamertag (all servers have a gamertag)
Server only rotates DLC
Server only rotates base maps
Server has both

Then for config:
P2P session
Server-on-demand (a server that shows up in the server list as available for configuration. You press A on it, it asks you to set up the rules, then it starts. It's free, but it's first come first serve and frees itself up once everyone stops playing)
Paid monthly rentals

Also aw yeah

ObzUc.jpg

Havok

Live and Network options still greyed out in H2V halp pl0x halogaf
Usually a sign that your copy isn't activated properly. Try a reinstall if you can, make sure all GFWL components install with it. Also, make sure you choose the full install "do not play" option.

Woorloog

Banned
Live and Network options still greyed out in H2V halp pl0x halogaf

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=59880496
Not really helpful but...

"I tried to install the game for the 6th time, but got a "CD key usage exceeded" error! What gives?
You can only install the game using a single CD key 5 separate times. After that, the key becomes unusable."

Uh oh.... I wonder how many time's i've installed the game. If the CD key is limited, then i'm going to run out of uses soon...

Stalker, is your serial key correct? Can you sign in with a Live profile?

Usually a sign that your copy isn't activated properly. Try a reinstall if you can, make sure all GFWL components install with it. Also, make sure you choose the full install "do not play" option.

And you may have to reinstall newest version of GFWL afterwards, as installing Halo 2 Vista installs older version of GFWL, messing it up.

FyreWulff

Was it difficult to get the passport? Need it for travelling?

Roughly 170-200$ in total costs (passport itself is around 160$, then I had to buy a money order to pay for it, and pay for a passport photo because fuck worrying about it myself).

It wasn't that bad, mostly just making sure all the information is correct, then I went to the post office near Offutt Air Force Base / STRATCOM that didn't require appointments to put the application in. They said it'd take 4-6 weeks, this one showed up I think roughly at the end of week 4. They took my actual birth certificate which still has not come back, and I'm still waiting for the passport card to show up too, which I don't need but I also ordered so I could have some form of international ID i could carry around.

I'm going to Vancouver for NDA'd stuff, then I'm possibly moving to Seattle when I come back to the States. Currently the plan is I'll just jump down to PAX from Vancouver and go back after it's over, so I'll just have a short bus ride in this year.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Kind of off topic, but HaloGAF needs to have a backlog clearing challenge, complete with prizes. I haven't finished a game since Saint's Row The Third in January

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So Oprah goes to the doctors office for a routine checkup. After being shown to her room, her doctor walks in a few minutes later. Doctor says "Oprah, if you don't mind, could you please stand in the farthest corner of the room I want to check something". So she does. Doctor then says "ok great can you move to the other corner of the room" So she does. After moving to each corner of the room, Oprah asks "Doctor, with all due respect, what does this have to do with my health?" The doctor replied, "Oh nothing, I'm buying a brown sofa tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out where to put it."

there's an Oprah joke for you.

PXbaO.gif

Computron

The CD key might not be true after googling about it bit. There's an install limit for installing different computers though, 3, according to Halopedia no citation though.

There is a limit, so keep you disc and box. You can get it renewed if you call in to GFWL support.

Otherwise there is a .DLL trick you can use.

Stalker, reinstall, do not start untill the game is installed completely, then apply the patches on the Halo 2 Vista offical website's support page as well as the windows GFWL client.

Sorry to hear about your shitty day today Stalker

Thanks man its had ups and downs.

No job
Free skyrim
Halo 2 Vista not working
Ex boss talking shit about me behind my back
Carter figure in the mail this morning
Portal Gun replica (1 of only 5000) funds secured

yeah things have been kind of all over the past 24 hours.

Sorted out a Khal drogo mod for skyrim now complete with the cool dothraki blade.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Thanks man its had ups and downs.

No job
Free skyrim
Halo 2 Vista not working
Ex boss talking shit about me behind my back
Carter figure in the mail this morning
Portal Gun replica (1 of only 5000) funds secured

yeah things have been kind of all over the past 24 hours.

Sorted out a Khal drogo mod for skyrim now complete with the cool dothraki blade.

Just don't
Let those witches near you

Top Bottom