• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
iYlCvF2Yo3fpi.gif

monome

I don't know about the release date being announced, by I can already tell "Thursday War" is a sucky name for a Halo novel...now if amazon could give me synopsis.

TheOddOne

Is 'Halo 4' launching November 6th? 'Big news' tomorrow from Conan O'Brien's Team Coco
Microsoft loves to bring together late night television and the Xbox. The Kinect (née Project Natal) was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon just one week after being unveiled, and Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski last year stopped by his studio to premiere Gears of War 3. (You could arguably go even farther back to Microsoft's own 2005 MTV special debuting the Xbox 360.) Now it looks like Conan O'Brien, who Microsoft once tried to woo to make a show for Xbox Live, may himself be the platform for some major Halo 4 news.

Near-simultaneous tweets this afternoon from from both Alison Stroll, Senior Producer for Halo 4 developer 343 industries, and Microsoft spokesperson Major Nelson not-so-subtly suggest "Team Coco" will have big news for the highly-anticipated sequel. (For their part, neither @teamcoco nor @conanobrien have retweeted or made reference to any announcement.) As Major Nelson specified in the next 24 hours and Stroll said tomorrow, we suspect it won't be related to Conan's show itself.

No other details are being offered, but we've heard from reliable sources close to Microsoft that the team may have finalized a release date for Master Chief's return: Tuesday, November 6th, 2012. We've also heard that it'll be announced before noon ET tomorrow. Though development cycles tend to fluctuate, locking down a pre-Black Friday release date this early gives Microsoft's marketing team ample time to plan for what we'd suspect will be one its biggest game launch this year. Will Conan and the gang be announcing the launch date? We'll know soon enough.

monome

As regards to the date, october is the new november and Halo 4 probably needs as much time as it can get.

It also needs to launch before the end of the year US big holidays, which pretty much kills any possibility of not going against CoD.

Halo should not be afraid of CoD, whatever is said on popularity Halo > CoD in each and every way.

Food for thought:

The "Xbox gets CoD DLC first" deal runs out this year.

knifefight.jpg

THE GLOVES ARE OFF

Yeah, I was asking about this a few days ago. I don't know that the gloves coming off really makes that big of a difference right now, but it would be funny for Sony to get CoD exclusivity in a year or two, just in time for the franchise to fall out of favor.

I'm looking forward to 3rd person crab fighting becoming the next big thing on consoles.

Halogaf Release Date Contest
kylej & dragonelite - September 4th
neoism & Deputy Moonman - September 17th
Dug & Blue Ninja - September 18th
Plywood - September 24th
CyReN, Asklon & mastrbiggy - September 25th
Franklinator- October 2nd
Kittens & Hitmonchan107 - November 6
monsterfracas - October 9th
Homeboyd & Rand0m TAG - October 16th
ViewtifulJC,blamite & EdibleExplosives - October 23rd
FL1Psyde - October 30th
FateBreaker - November 2nd
WJD & Letters - November 6th
Shake Appeal - November 7th
Steelyuhas,Der Flatulator & GarthVaderUK - November 13th
Biggest-Geek-Ever,VivaciousJazzy,zap,HiredN00bs & GhaleonEB - November 20th
Fathead & Ryaaan14 - November 27th
-Yeti,Calm Killer & Hey You- December 4th
xxjuicesxx - December 11th
Hypertrooper & TheOddOne - Holiday 2012
Overdoz1z - February 13th
WJD & Letters can haz cake?

monome

I'm currently driving to the airport but just saw this in my Twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/RobSemsey/statuses/192097169359126529

me want.

Probably customisation comes with pluses and minuses. Simply changes are not only cosmetic, which makes sense.

it's one thing to get wiped when a team is inferior to another, it is another to hear crying because chance made it so that one team had a set of abiltities that made the other seem weak.

I would have prefered a solution ala sprint. If it works, make it de facto and concentrate efforts on weapons and maps.

I wouldn't mind not customizing my Spartan is the default armor is superb.

maybe I'm a communist...

Gazzawa

Just got back from my first ban. A guess I'm what they call a loc'd out OG now.
Did I miss anything good?
also Mass Effect 3 was dope.

lol I get it, that's not actually a leaked video and it's something really dumb. It's funny because it's nothing like what it is described to be.

Bahahaha :lol

When does Conan air over here? I saw the episode with Will Ferell the other day, ow long ago was that aired in the US?

Top Bottom