• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone up for some reach?

Kickers but I have throat issues anyway.

FcZ0w.jpg

No+Patrick.+Mayonnaise+is+not+an+instrument+_28f635c56887059b3218f8315eb82c90.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I should totally enter the tournament now since my stats would suggest me being in like Tier 4. Throw a monkey wrench in the whole system! lol

JK, I can't play

Fracas

#fuckonami
I should totally enter the tournament now since my stats would suggest me being in like Tier 4. Throw a monkey wrench in the whole system! lol

JK, I can't play

If you were in the tourney, you'd be high up. I took MLG guys into consideration.

So guys, for this tournament thing, does anyone want to like cast the matches? If at least 4 people in the match saved the films in any given match, it could be pretty awesome to mash them together in a segment where some of the better players kinda discuss where the good plays are, what was good, what was bad and how the players could improve?

It might serve as a nice 'record' so to speak for when people want a recap of the tournament.

I don't want to hear y'all complain about crappy aim. I play on a 42" plasma, anything more than a 2 day break from Halo results in me aiming the reticule like Jackson Pollock flinging paint on a canvas.

50" here. I switch constantly between Dark Souls, Halo, Dirt 3, Forza 4 and usually one other game, such as Mass Effect 3 or Witcher 2 recently.

I honestly question my hand-eye coordination at a basic level, when I return to Halo. It's that bad. Welp.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
50" here. I switch constantly between Dark Souls, Halo, Dirt 3, Forza 4 and usually one other game, such as Mass Effect 3 or Witcher 2 recently.

I honestly question my hand-eye coordination at a basic level, when I return to Halo. It's that bad. Welp.

I play on a 100'' projection so I really don't wanna hear any excuses.

But maybe there is a life he wants to live. Maybe he wants to fulfill his dreams. You have to let him go Barrow. He is old. He is at the same age as you. Too old to play in this Tournament. Let your Wingman go. Maybe he finds a Wingwoman and falls in love with her...

Seriously dafuq I have written here. wtf.
Best post of the thread. A masterpiece. 1.2/10

I started playing Halo 3 again the last couple of days. Campaign and Matchmaking.

I've only been playing Social Slayer thus far. I never really played Halo 3 MP due to not having XBL for the several years while it was THE Halo game. When I finally got XBL again, Reach had the Beta and I just played a match of Halo 3 here and there whilst waiting for Reach to release.

Really enjoying it. I'm not sure why. I must say that while some of the visuals can be disappointing (plasma pistol lulz), overall the game still looks sexy, and the Spartans look pretty awesome (animations are shit though). Also 'gunplay' in terms of visual/audio feedback are terrible - besides the sound of BR/Warthog on the other side of the map cracking away.

It took me a little while to settle on a sensitivity but 3/Default seems to be doing the trick so far. I hate the Assault Rifle, not particularly fond of SMG spray... but man, the Battle Rifle is so amazing. I never really complained about bloom in Reach (mostly just the latency that affected it), but now I see the light... the battle rifle is just such an awesome weapon. Kill multiple people per clip, hit consistently, quick kill times... so good. Also the carbine is amazing for almost the same reasons (though it is fugly).

I'm going to stick with it for a while just for something different* and try to weather the netcode and slow ass matchmaking.

* Worst idea I could have leading into a HaloGAF Reach tournament.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I started playing Halo 3 again the last couple of days. Campaign and Matchmaking.

I've only been playing Social Slayer thus far. I never really played Halo 3 MP due to not having XBL for the several years while it was THE Halo game. When I finally got XBL again, Reach had the Beta and I just played a match of Halo 3 here and there whilst waiting for Reach to release.

Really enjoying it. I'm not sure why. I must say that while some of the visuals can be disappointing (plasma pistol lulz), overall the game still looks sexy, and the Spartans look pretty awesome (animations are shit though). Also 'gunplay' in terms of visual/audio feedback are terrible - besides the sound of BR/Warthog on the other side of the map cracking away.

It took me a little while to settle on a sensitivity but 3/Default seems to be doing the trick so far. I hate the Assault Rifle, not particularly fond of SMG spray... but man, the Battle Rifle is so amazing. I never really complained about bloom in Reach (mostly just the latency that affected it), but now I see the light... the battle rifle is just such an awesome weapon. Kill multiple people per clip, hit consistently, quick kill times... so good. Also the carbine is amazing for almost the same reasons (though it is fugly).

I'm going to stick with it for a while just for something different* and try to weather the netcode and slow ass matchmaking.

* Worst idea I could have leading into a HaloGAF Reach tournament.

Halo 3 is sooooo good. I've actually been meaning to get back into it as well. The netcode really bothers me though.

Halo 3 is sooooo good. I've actually been meaning to get back into it as well. The netcode really bothers me though.

The campaign is really good too. I played the shit out of it co-op when it first came out, and never touched it again. I'm doing a solo heroic run, and a co-op legendary run with a mate, and it's awesome fun. I even enjoyed Crow's nest. I remember hating crow's nest. What is this.

I played 99% of reach on an SD.

I'm still playing on SD sister and that shit aint changin for Halo 4!

Fracas, I can play in the tourney if you need an extra player or someone drops out.

Also, checked my Halo 3 playtime... 50 DAYS and that doesn't take into account the multiple other tags I had as well. Scary stuff.

Gui_PT

You clearly do not have access to clean drinking water and are sick.

Well, he is from Portugal.

Nice. I didn't even have to answer.

Poor Gui, I can live with poor quality water, but bieng from the same country as Ronaldo? Don't think I could handle that.

It's horrible man. Here's how professionals react when he scores a goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjNq3BmPAlM&feature=share

The hell is wrong with these people?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm still playing on SD sister and that shit aint changin for Halo 4!

Fracas, I can play in the tourney if you need an extra player or someone drops out.

Also, checked my Halo 3 playtime... 50 DAYS and that doesn't take into account the multiple other tags I had as well. Scary stuff.

If Cabbie is indeed dropping out, we could use you. Will add

edit: That Loginius dude wants in as well, he just PMed me.

If only there was a Mercenaries playlist...

Oh wait, game doesn't get any good updates. Console Logic, Good Enough™.

Did they hire a playlist manager yet, I'd like that position, thank you.

The campaign is really good too. I played the shit out of it co-op when it first came out, and never touched it again. I'm doing a solo heroic run, and a co-op legendary run with a mate, and it's awesome fun. I even enjoyed Crow's nest. I remember hating crow's nest. What is this.

dat hallway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom