• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PlwVp.jpg

Quitters, red bar, trueskill, blackscreen, DEFINITIVE HALO.

heckfu

Banned
I think it'll be fine. You don't need to hold down the trigger for extended periods of time to throw a grenade, but you need to hold down the trigger for Hardlight Shield and Jetpack. I'd much rather be able to look around while using Hardlight Shield and Jetpack than let my muscle memory dominate my playstyle.

I mean, how often are you turning/jumping/meleeing/switching weapons while throwing a grenade?

I would venture to say literally every time I throw a grenade my thumb is on the right stick and jumping less often, but I would like to have that freedom rather than be hindered into not being able to.

Yeah, my favorite level in Reach was probably Sword Base because of how large it was with beautiful rolling hills and multiple paths.

ODST: Kikowani Station.

Halo 3: The Covenant

Halo 2: Delta Halo/Regret is probably my favorite level, although infiltrating the Covenant's turf was pretty awesome as well.

Halo 1: Two Betrayals, hands down. Awesome awesome level. (Pillar of Autumn is a classic of course)

Reach: Exodus
ODST: NMPD HQ
Halo 2: Outskirts+New Mombasa
Halo CE/A: Assault on the Control Room

Guess HaloGAF hates my choices.

Brb changing my xbl tag to.
xXOo iTz KSI MLG Snipa Pro BooBoo 420 Killa 694lyf 217249233 oOXx

Akai__

if your gamertag was xMLGxPROxSNIPERx69x you'd be pretty much unbeatable

Most epic GT confirmed.

Think of how many overkills Tashi could get if he was "MLG Tashi". Oh wait, it would still be 0. :p

TRIPLE KILL +20

Edit:
Reach: Exodus
ODST: NMPD HQ
Halo 2: Outskirts+New Mombasa
Halo CE/A: Assault on the Control Room

Guess HaloGAF hates my choices.

You liked Exodus? Every time, when I replay the campaign, I try to avoid this mission.
I agree with the others, though. Would only add to Halo 3 "The Ark".

Petrichor

Every time someone at 343i talks about the light rifle they say it's a 3 shot burst weapon with a 1-shot zoom capability - but this clearly isn't the case. Have they made the decision to change the light rifle, but it came too late for the E3 build?

Karl2177

Every time someone at 343i talks about the light rifle they say it's a 3 shot burst weapon with a 1-shot zoom capability - but this clearly isn't the case. Have they made the decision to change the light rifle, but it came too late for the E3 build?

I'd take another look at it. I'm fairly certain it was this way in the E3 Gamespot demo.

Pretty sure it is a 3 shot unscoped 1 shot scoped but the 3 shots just first really fast if you watch the e3 video you can see the trails of multiple shots when unscoped.

TheOddOne

My moment of shame today:

I go +25 and had three accidental suicides. Smh could have gotten a perfection.

Also Asphalt BTB has terrible spawns.

In one of the demos shown during E3, one of the 343i employees showed off the Light Rifle and demonstrated its capabilities. It did have a 3-shot burst with a single shot while zoomed in. Maybe you're confusing the Scattershot with the Light Rifle?

Akai__

In one of the demos shown during E3, one of the 343i employees showed off the Light Rifle and demonstrated its capabilities. It did have a 3-shot burst with a single shot while zoomed in. Maybe you're confusing the Scattershot with the Light Rifle?

If you watch closely, you will see that only shot is missing after each shot. Still, it does look like a burst and it sounds like it. Not sure, but maybe it's a bug or it's intended, that only one bullet is missing after shooting.

This gives me great hope for the future of Bumper Jumper.

Everyone who is debating how Halo 4 Bumper Jumper should work: please go pick up an xbox controller and use your right hand to press the right d-pad button. This should be where "switch grenades" lives. X and A should be where AA and Sprint live. Y switches weapons and B activates/skyjacks/reloads etc.

With the reduced presence of grenades in MP switching grenades will be used MUCH less than something like melee or crouch.

JackHerer

This gives me great hope for the future of Bumper Jumper.

Everyone who is debating how Halo 4 Bumper Jumper should work: please go pick up an xbox controller and use your right hand to press the right d-pad button. This should be where "switch grenades" lives. X and A should be where AA and Sprint live. Y switches weapons and B activates/skyjacks/reloads etc.

With the reduced presence of grenades in MP switching grenades will be used MUCH less than something like melee or crouch.

Was thinking about this the other night. I completely agree bumper jumper should remain the same as far as the shoulder and bumper buttons go. X should be sprint as that works great in Reach and AA should be on the A button. Switch grenades would have to be on the D-pad. I know that is used for ordinance but aren't there only three choices? This should still leave one directional for switch grenades.

Please make it happen 343! Halo 4 will never feel right without the classic bumper jumper.

Homeboyd

I wonder, did the "10 new weapons" mean 10 new from Reach to 4, or 10 new to the series? I'm guessing based off what we've seen, they're new to the series (which also means new since Reach), but if it means new to the series, then we could expect a lot of old favorites as well (outside of the BR).

For those who have been counting, did you include the BR in that list or only first time appearance weapons?

Please don't give that terrible website any more views.
Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G83ILHNDHo8&feature=player_embedded
How DARE you!

Get it? It's an ODST joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom