• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadders

Since 343 has stuck overshield and speed boost in Ordnance drops, why don't they just include camo in there as well? Seems like the perfect place for it to me.

I think the ability to combine camo with other AAs would really unbalance the game. Camo + Jetpack or Camo + thrusters could be really annoying.

They did say (well, refused to talk about) there was a method to counteract PV. If it were Invis I don't think they'd be so hush hush. Wondering if they made something new, or even an evolved invis.

Fingers crossed its not something along the lines of
ColdPro.png

BigShow36

ColdPro.png

Hah, of course not, this is Halo we're talking about. It's nothing like that perk or that game which we won't mention. In fact, we don't even know what game you could possibly be maybe referencing with that post.

It's a totally new Halo perk, and it's going to be called Cold Spartan Blooded.

u4iX

ColdPro.png

Possibly making you invisible to Pro Vision and AutoSentry?

IMBALANCE.

Kidding, it should only make you invisible to those things if your Active Camo ability is active. That way if you get the ping that someone is using PV or you see an AS, you can activate your AC to go into sneak mode, or SM. Just be sure to equip your BR, battle rifle, and have your SP, support package, and TP, tactical package, working in perfect harmony, PH, in order to maximize effectiveness, or ME.

Overdoziz

Banned
Kidding, it should only make you invisible to those things if your Active Camo ability is active. That way if you get the ping that someone is using PV or you see an AS, you can activate your AC to go into sneak mode, or SM. Just be sure to equip your BR, battle rifle, and have your SP, support package, and TP, tactical package, working in perfect harmony, PH, in order to maximize effectiveness, or ME.
Halo

a zoojoo

Banned
Potential Birthday Present

Anyone got experience with it?
Criticism? Be brutal
My friend got it, and for the most part, it's awesome. One problem i have with the 3D features, is that when you view something in 3D that wasn't native to it, it basically doesn't work. :/
tumblr_lsdb6v5odW1qeynq1.gif

Tears of joy.
Doctor Who: The End of Time - Part II, that episode made me cry.
Replace AR with Scoped SMG, problem solved.
An AR replacement would never happen, because the AR is THE weapon along with the BR that is instantly recognized as Halo, it's mostly in the game for nostalgia, if nothing else IMO.
Yeah, my favorite level in Reach was probably Sword Base because of how large it was with beautiful rolling hills and multiple paths.

ODST: Kikowani Station.

Halo 3: The Covenant

Halo 2: Delta Halo/Regret is probably my favorite level, although infiltrating the Covenant's turf was pretty awesome as well.

Halo 1: Two Betrayals, hands down. Awesome awesome level. (Pillar of Autumn is a classic of course)
Reach: Long Night of Solace; Gotta love that space battle, i wanmore.jpg. I also thought fighting inside that Covenant Bridge was also awesome, looked amazing! Also had the death of my favorite Noble, Jorge.

ODST: Costal Highway; CUZ DOSE SKIBAWKZEZ MAIN!

Halo 3: The Covenant as well, because those end battles and sequences were so epic and put a
bow
tie on alot of the story arcs in the Original Trilogy.

Halo 2: Still have never played it D:

Halo CE/A: I got to say Halo; because stepping out onto Installation-04 for the 1st time gave me
nerd
chills and also going underground and seeing the Forerunner Tech and Architecture was really awesome and i loved guessing what it might have been used for.
Stumbled upon this video:

Loud Gun Gameplay

Gives you idea how awesome the new BR and Light Rifle sound. Pretty good quality that isn't muffled through live streams or anything like that. Watch in 720p of course.
I know people here don't like the BR sound, but i think it sounds amazing, and for those Forerunner Weapons, i seemed to be growing a 3rd leg when i heard them.
I was once a member in the olden times, was demoted to "junior" for being stupid. Some say a mod will grant me mercy, I doubt it. I'm still stupid, please I don't want to talk about this anymore. I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS ANYMORE.
Do you want a hug?
if your gamertag was xMLGxPROxSNIPERx69x you'd be pretty much unbeatable
My god, i thought you were my friend Nathan there for a second, we were just discussing this the other day.
it was in the barn video.

lol
Has anyone seen MTW, i haven't seem him post in a while.
Hey guys! They finally let me in this joint.

Been lurking for a while now.

Love Halo

Love you guys!

I don't know about him....... i kid. Welcome to GAF!

343, PLEASE HAVE AN EVENT IN FLORIDA! ktnxbai

u4iX

I actually would really like to see the Overshield and Active Camo in standard matchmaking again in conjunction with the AAs.

A player using the Hardlight shield would go for the OS in order to become an even beefier tank and push harder into an objective or power position.

A player using Jet Pack could go for the Active Camo to increase the utility of his flanks and instill the fear of Batman into his enemies when all they hear is an ominous Jet Pack looming over their heads.

Doctor Who: The End of Time - Part II, that episode made me cry.

There must've been a lot of dust or pollen in the Bregmannsion when I was watching that, because my eyes were watering a little bit too (wait...I meant to say "Sports shows make me cry all the time" no wait...that doesn't sound right either).

MONSTER BALLS: Drop whatever you are doing and get online! We have precious little practice time left until Team Karl-lust tries to destroy us. We must stop them!

There must've been a lot of dust or pollen in the Bregmannsion when I was watching that, because my eyes were watering a little bit too (wait...I meant to say "Sports shows make me cry all the time" no wait...that doesn't sound right either).

MONSTER BALLS: Drop whatever you are doing and get online! We have precious little practice time left until Team Karl-lust tries to destroy us. We must stop them!

my head hurts, been up since 5. Give me 30 minutes.

I almost fell asleep making this post

On the bright side I now own some Murray state swag

When's our game

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I actually would really like to see the Overshield and Active Camo in standard matchmaking again in conjunction with the AAs.

A player using the Hardlight shield would go for the OS in order to become an even beefier tank and push harder into an objective or power position.

A player using Jet Pack could go for the Active Camo to increase the utility of his flanks and instill the fear of Batman into his enemies when all they hear is an ominous Jet Pack looming over their heads.

I know everyone is giving hardlight shield crap, but I can't wait to see how it works pushing in CTF with some shields up front.

a zoojoo

Banned

epic-brofist-o.gif

Also, i signed up at THC CyReN! I dunno y i haven't done this b4.

Swarmerr

This is not the case with Halo 4, plus there'll be a classic hopper.

I'm pretty excited for Infinity Slayer.

There might be a classic playlist but things like kill times, aim magnetism, spread, etc will hinder the ability of the playlist to truly be classic.

Does it work in Reach? I can't imagine it being very good. It'd be really weird to do.

RB + Y + LB.... That's running in a straight line. I dunno.

I have seen pro players do it in tournament games. Unless there is a custom setting that allows mlg players to do it only in mlg games I believe it does work.

srry for the late replies just got off work.

Can someone explain to me why having that sort of dynamic is a bad thing?

I'm guessing the primary argument is luck-based = lame

Here's my comparison, and it's a CoD comparison. AI kill streaks in CoD can absolutely destroy you. CoD offers you a wealth of perks to choose from, but those damn kill streaks piss me off so bad I feel forced into using Cold Blooded. I am now giving up on another perk choice simply because I have to play RPS with other players. It's just... Frustrating.

u4iX

Rock, paper, scissors doesn't exactly have a wide skill-gap.

It depends on how those skills are implemented though.

If it takes actual skill to use the ability, like Shadowrun's Gust, Smoke, Teleport, AMG, Glider, etc then it's much, much better.

If it's just pressing a button and an ability pops out like Hologram or the Hardlight Shield, not only is there a significantly reduced skill gap, but the abilities tend to get stale much faster.

Tawpgun

Can someone explain to me why having that sort of dynamic is a bad thing?

I'm guessing the primary argument is luck-based = lame

Are you seriously for it?

Also you answered your own question.

It's because some of us don't want our fates determined at the loadout screen.

Monsterfracas: we are online waiting for you. While your brother sleeps we must practice!

EDIT:

You bros sleep. Aggrotek and I will sub a couple randoms for you. Wake yourselves when we need you.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Me and Breg in a lobby need 2 more. Anyone down?

Edit: Soon to be Franklinator too. So I guess just one more.

You and Bregmann need to bring your A-game. Franklinator and I both got less than 5 hours of sleep last night, and got up at 5am this morning to do Summer Orientation for 9 hours. Debating on taking a nap before the match.

edit: and guys, be on at 9, just to be safe.

Did anyone else think the music in this portion of the E3 demo was cheesey?

Just sounded like bad stereotypical "villain" music. I was waiting for the orb to curl it's mustache and tie up the damsel in distress on the train tracks.

The whole orb thing seemed out of place...

Hopefully the rest of the game better sells me on this idea, or this Cryptum has a way cooler theme song than that.

Sounds alot like some of the mass effect tracks to me. I actually dont mind it at all.

Could be alot worse.

a zoojoo

Banned
But is Halo 4 a class based shooter? Not meant to be a snarky remark btw.

That's what its starting to shape out to be, which i don't mind it so much as doz1z because I love TF2 and those types of games, they encourage team play, which in turns encourages communication, which translates to a more enjoyable and skillful game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom