• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Shortly before our vacation, I unearthed a bag of HaloFest swag that I had meant to give away. I didn't have time to give it away before we left on the trip now, but, um, we're back.

IMG_7586.jpg

This is what I have.

• A hardcover copy of Halo Evolutions
  • Two copies of the OXM Halo Anniversary issue
  • Two avatar props, one of them a Cortana Halofest one
  • A "camping is a legitimate strategy" RvB shirt (XL)
  • An unopened copy of the Halo Legends soundtrack

I'm going to go watch Batman Begins with the kids and figure out a way to give this stuff away tonight. Thought I'd give some notice this time around since often people miss stuff like this when it's dropped on the thread with no notice.

I'll probably ask dumb Halo questions or something. I'll start at 10:00, 2 hours and 45 minutes from now.

Shortly before our vacation, I unearthed a bag of HaloFest swag that I had meant to give away. I didn't have time to give it away before we left on the trip now, but, um, we're back.

Dibs. Ahh well, hopefully I'm around to get in on some questions :] would be radddd

a zoojoo

Banned

IMG_7586.jpg

This is what I have.

I'm going to go watch Batman Begins with the kids and figure out a way to give this stuff away tonight. Thought I'd give some notice this time around since often people miss stuff like this when it's dropped on the thread with no notice.

I'll probably ask dumb Halo questions or something. I'll start at 10:00, 2 hours and 45 minutes from now.
damn it, i'll be asleep by then.
also, if someone wins it and doesn't want a part of the package, i'll take it :3
i want dose evolutions

Vire

IMG_7586.jpg

This is what I have.

Hmmmm... contemplating to stay up till 1 AM now for a Cortana Avatar prop. :lol

IMG_7586.jpg

This is what I have.

But it's been 10 for 21 minutes now. :p

Wait a minute, are these Spartans fighting eachother? If it's not SPOPs could it be FFA on a new MP map?

Hmm..thats a good question.

IMG_7586.jpg

This is what I have.

Mmm... that OST..

Energy Sword:
anyone who is a fan of the ridiculous sword of Reach, you wont be happy, but anyone with any type of sense will love the new sword. The clang of a melee and sword swing is out, the sword is nerffed and you have to be like a solid meter in front of someone, instead of 20 meters away. It takes a larger amount of time for the sword to be drawn and swung than it has before, witch is good.

That's disappointing.. In a game where the guns are overall stronger where the Sword wasn't even OP in Reach for it to receive nerfs is just.. idk, I dun like it :[

• Faster gameplay
  • More visceral weapon combat
  • Weaker Sword in the only area it's effective in

Rocket Launcher:
Totally broken, they had absolutely no splash damage at all. If it didn't hit your opponents feet or their body, it wasn't going to affect them. I shoot right in front of my feet and didn't do anything to me at all.

Rockets are Rockets. I don't see how people want them nerfed from Reach where it's going to be easier to avoid splash damage with faster movement and higher jumps (+ AA's).

Guess I'll just have to wait and see :b Still looks crazy fun though!

That's disappointing.. In a game where the guns are overall stronger where the Sword wasn't even OP in Reach for it to receive nerfs is just.. idk, I dun like it :[

• Faster gameplay
  • More visceral weapon combat
  • Weaker Sword in the only area it's effective in

Guess I'll just have to wait and see :b

Sprint is now universal. There's a reason that the sword got nerfed.

Sprint is now universal. There's a reason that the sword got nerfed.

Good point. But I still think that the faster gameplay and people being slowed down when sprinting hurt the Sword enough, maybe just keep the reduced range, but the equipping time definitely shouldn't have been made longer IMO. That's my main gripe.. Switching to the Sword mid-CQC shouldn't be slow, but not crazy fast like Halo 2.

The Sword is more a surprise weapon instead of an assault weapon IMO. Take it out only when needed or have it out when camping for someone.

FyreWulff

I still don't understand why the sword got buffed in the TU with the melee clang being removed. It gave me a chance to counter a sword, now it's just a free kill for the holder.

And then they left the hammer clang alone.

I still don't understand why the sword got buffed in the TU with the melee clang being removed. It gave me a chance to counter a sword, now it's just a free kill for the holder.

Isn't hammer only on like one map though? Agreed on the sword though

a zoojoo

Banned

i agree. i think they left the grav ham alone is because you rarely see it in matchmaking

HELL YEH! Avatar was such a great show :] The Legend of Korra is legit btw! If you care about the image you linked that is.. lol

i agree. i think they left the grav ham alone is because you rarely see it in matchmaking

I don't understand this mentality though. Isn't the Sword supposed to be good in the only area it's useful in? That's like only being able to land body shots with the Rocket (Sword) and being able to deflect it off spawn without an AA, only losing your shield (Melee Block). Why nerf a weapon when it's only good in one highly specific niche?

You know, from your junior survey, I thought you had some promise. But its all been going away.

lol IDK, I have some controversial beliefs with the later Halo games because I want every single weapon to be overpowered in its specific role so more weapons are used this time around :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom