• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
GG guys.

Also, I give the fuck up. I have no fucking idea how to get better. I literally cannot comprehend how it is possible for you people to even be competent. What the heck are you people doing anyway? Every grenade I throw misses completely, while I am always hit at least partly by your grenades. I am always .5 seconds behind in DMR duels.

Help me.

TCKaos

GG guys.

Also, I give the fuck up. I have no fucking idea how to get better. I literally cannot comprehend how it is possible for you people to even be competent. What the heck are you people doing anyway? Every grenade I throw misses completely, while I am always hit at least partly by your grenades. I am always .5 seconds behind in DMR duels.

Help me.

Adapt.

But really, I'm not sure either. I've gotten better over time, for sure, but I'm still way out of my league when I play with most GAFers.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Heads up: someone in the buy/sell/trade thread is selling a PAX 2010 signed Halo Reach poster framed. Looks pretty sick.
Sort of interested.
GG guys.

Help me.

Number one thing every player needs to know is this:

Let them come to you. You're not helping yourself or your team if you rush the other team. You're just giving them easy kills.

Ken

Should I even bother? I'm playing people with 11 years of Halo experience, compared to my measly few months.

Stop being so condescending of yourself and just keep playing. You can only improve with more time and experience.

You can't win every game or do stellar all the time, and if you do expect that you're going to be disappointed.

60% of halo is knowing where to be. If you're in the right place, you'll be able to put shots in people before you know they're there, and your teammates will be able to help. You can have the worst DMR in the world and still do well if you just play smart.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yet still guys are getting 25 kills. They must be doing SOMETHING right that I'm not.

Shit, I need bonafide LESSONS.

The key to Rumble Pit is stealing kills. I'm serious. Just look for confrontations between 2 other players, nade them, and mop up. In fact, that's where my clip from the montage came from, lol.

Ryaaan14

Banned
FFAs are good. They teach you to be able to shoot under pressure.

RQQtq.gif

789shadow

Banned
Well, every single encounter I had was usually me (with less than full health due to magical Reach grenades) vs a guy who does have full health. So I don't understand.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've gotten sooooo much better at Halo over the years. I don't think it's just how much time I've put into it, either. I made a deliberate attempt to improve over the course of my time with Halo 3, and it really paid off. I started thinking critically about encounters, and not just going nuts and rushing into situations.

Things that have helped me out:
  • Learn how to keep cool in firefights. Make a conscious attempt to stay focused, deliberate, and in control. This is one of the harder skills to learn, in my opinion.
  • Learn maps. Know all the key sight lines and important flanking paths. Know how to predict enemy movement and throw off their predictions. Let's say it's the very beginning of a match on Reflection. You sprint over to the shotgun spawn, and see that it's gone when you get there, and your team mates are no where to be seen. That means an enemy has it, and they're probably not far. Think about stuff like that, and use it to avoid bad situations. Also: learn how to predict spawns
  • Know weapon spawns and times (lol Halo 4).
  • Learn how to bounce grenades.
  • Pay attention to what your team is doing. Shadow, remember that kick ass game of MLG KOTH on Beaver Creek the other week? When my team was holding down the hill on the side of the bases, we made sure to have one person watching teleporter, one person watching mid-map, one person on top of the base, and one person on the path to sniper spawn. That shit makes a HUGE difference. Even when playing with randoms, you can make a point to look where they're not, cover their back, and help them team shoot. You don't have to be walking right behind them, just make sure you have complimentary sight lines. Team shooting is like the bare minimum skill anyone can learn when it comes to team work.
That's the big points of advice I can think of right now. I'm sure there's other big ones.

zap

Ghal, regarding your giveaway, what happens with shipping and, specifically international shipping? Does the winner pay shipping? Only open to US gaffers? =)

FyreWulff

Isn't hammer only on like one map though? Agreed on the sword though

It's not that common, although hammer clang is readily apparent in gametypes like Haloball and so on.

Interesting how so many changes in Reach's TU are showing up in Halo 4. Starting to wish they'd just save the changes for Halo 4, gives off the vibe that Reach was used as a beta surrogate for Halo 4.

Fracas

#fuckonami
21 minutes away!

Ah, sweet!

May play MLG Reach afterwards. Not sure though, I should probably finish Mass Effect 3.

Edit: I remember so many people here said ME3 is how an invasion should be handled. I 100% disagree. Reach's subpar portrayal of one surpasses ME3's by far.

GhaleonEB

Ghal, regarding your giveaway, what happens with shipping and, specifically international shipping? Does the winner pay shipping? Only open to US gaffers? =)

Hmm. I don't think any of the shipping will cost much. Don't worry about it.

I'm still not sure how to do this. Dani-style quiz?

It's not that common, although hammer clang is readily apparent in gametypes like Haloball and so on.

Interesting how so many changes in Reach's TU are showing up in Halo 4. Starting to wish they'd just save the changes for Halo 4, gives off the vibe that Reach was used as a beta surrogate for Halo 4.

My thoughts exactly :] Halo 4 is seeming to be what Reach should have been.

- and kittens, good avice.

Ah, sweet!

May play MLG Reach afterwards. Not sure though, I should probably finish Mass Effect 3.

Edit: I remember so many people here said ME3 is how an invasion should be handled. I 100% disagree. Reach's subpar portrayal of one surpasses ME3's by far.

I am hooked on ME3 right now. These games are great. Although, I just got fucked out of a mission (ME3 spoilers)
The bomb that Cerberus was going to launch launched and I didn't get a chance to play the mission to try to stop it because I guess I triggered a certain point in the plot by going to the Citadel for some side mission. There was no warning that hey if you don't do this mission by this time or this mission, you will get fucked over. Really frustrating.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I am hooked on ME3 right now. These games are great. Although, I just got fucked out of a mission (ME3 spoilers)
The bomb that Cerberus was going to launch launched and I didn't get a chance to play the mission to try to stop it because I guess I triggered a certain point in the plot by going to the Citadel for some side mission. There was no warning that hey if you don't do this mission by this time or this mission, you will get fucked over. Really frustrating.

yep, editing this out, just in case. not really that big a spoiler though, it happens fairly early on

edit: oh god, i just realized i may have spoiled something for you, if you were talking about something different. if i did, I'm so sorry

senador

Banned
Shadow, I had fun playing with you the other night. Your banter was amusing. Playing with/against GAF is hard though, these guys are good.

edit: oh god, i just realized i may have spoiled something for you, if you were talking about something different. if i did, I'm so sorry

If he didn't play the mission, probably didn't learn about it or anything. Edit it out dude. :p

Havok

Always do all side things that you can before doing main quests, that happens several times over the course of the game. Except the side stuff that you secretly can't do until later because they don't tell you that the system you need doesn't unlock until later.

It's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom