• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
30857.jpg
PjliK.jpg

Are you going to PAX? I mean, you love so damn close.

Well I won't be there when PAX happens, but it would be an easy 5 hour drive for the weekend. I don't have passes, should have purchased them, but wasn't really thinking of it when they were on sale. I know ivemadeahugemistake.gif

If I can get a pass at a good price, it would be nice to go.

Also, way OT, but beardGAF will be dissapoint, I just shaved after going about 2 weeks. I just can't stand it, feels so grimy. It looks good on me too, but clean shaven just feels so good.

Well I won't be there when PAX happens, but it would be an easy 5 hour drive for the weekend. I don't have passes, should have purchased them, but wasn't really thinking of it when they were on sale. I know ivemadeahugemistake.gif

That's like me and RTX. I didn't even know about it until it was almost here. I'm an easy 4-5 hours from Austin. Boo. I always complain about everything always being either west coast or east coast and then I missed my one opportunity lol.

TheOddOne

Invasion was such a failure, here stand in these grenade death traps for 20 seconds, then play some poorly thought out CTF for the last part, ugh.

Shoulda took some notes from Killzone's MP mode where the game objective changed every 5 minutes or so, was an awesome gametype.
While the idea was cool, the problem with Killzone 2 was that after a while it became a clusterfuck and padding your K/D.

Something that I've only done once, but it was quite fun was to plug in a second controller and run the Chief to a protected rock. Then just make the approach with Arbiter and the Beam Rifle. The hardest part was taking out the Wraith once everything was dead and it aggro'd on your position.

I agree on one hand about the evolution of encounters, but one I think that Halo 2 really shined in was the courtyard in "Outskirts". If you jumped around on the buildings, you can get a different encounter everytime.

I wish I wasn't on my phone so I could type put a longer, more detailed response...
You off your phone now? :p
Tawpgun: There was only one junior.
Barrow Roll: One? Are you sure?
Tawpgun: Yes. They called it "a zoojoo."
Heckfu: Why was it not destroyed with the rest of their wave?
Tawpgun: It fled as we set fire to Waypoint. I followed with all the scrubs in A27.
Steelyuhas: When you first saw HaloGAF, were you blained by its majesty?
Tawpgun: Blained?
Steelyuhas: Pooped on? Donged?
Tawpgun: No!
Steelyuhas: Yet the juniors were able to evade your scrubs, jetpack onto the sacred thread, and desecrate it with their terrible posts!
Tawpgun: Noble hierarchs, surely you understand that once J10 attacked...
[crowd uproars]
Heckfu: There will be order in this Wolf Pack!
Barrow Roll: You were right to focus your attention on J10, but this Stinkles? This Mister Chief?
Tawpgun: By the time I learned of the Stinkle's intent, there was nothing I could do!
[crowd uproars again]
Steelyuhas: Barrow, this has gone on long enough! Make an example of this bk! The Wolf Pack demands it!
Barrow Roll: You are one of our most treasured instruments. Long have you lead your clan with honor and distinction. But, your inability to safeguard HaloGAF was a colossal failure.
Tunavi: Nay! It was heresy!
[crowd uproars intensely]
Tawpgun: I will continue my campaign against the juniors!
Barrow Roll: No, you will not.
[Signals Juices to take him away]
Barrow Roll: Soon Halo 4 shall begin, but when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet... and you shall be left behind.

Juices: [bringing the Tawpgun to the Wolfpack] Noble Wolves Barrow and Steely, I have brought the incompetent.
Barrow Roll: You may leave, Juices.
Juices: But...
Barrow Roll: And take Team Downer with you
Juices: [disappointed] Release the BK
[leaves]
Barrow Roll: HaloGAF decided to have banned, and your account made fun of through the thread. But ultimately, the terms of your ban are up to me.
Tawpgun: IAmAlreadyDead.jpg
Barrow Roll: Indeed. Do you know where we are?
Tawpgun: The Post History of the Cleanser.
Barrow Roll: Yes. Here lies the vanguard of HaloGAF. Each Cleanser, created and consumed in times of extraordinary scrubs and bad opinions.
Steely: AR vs. BR, Bloom, the Junior Waves, were it not for the Cleansers, HaloGAF would have fallen many OT’s ago!
Tawpgun: Even when slurping, I do not belong in their presence...
Barrow Roll: FacebookHaloGAF’s reveal was your error, and you rightly bear the blame. But the Wolfpack was… sensitive-GAF. We know you are no scrub. THIS is the TRUE face of a BK.
[indicating hologram]
Barrow Roll: One who would subdue our better opinions, and induce HaloGAF Civil War in the OT.
Starwolf: HaloGAF is WRONG! Open your eyes, my juniors! Swordbase is a good map, the Star Wars Prequels are good! Halo Reach is a great ga-
Barrow Roll: This BK, and those who follow him, must be cleansed.
Tawpgun: What use am I now? I can no longer 5 shot, make bad kids rage quit...
Barrow Roll: Not as you are, no. But become the Cleanser, and you shall be set free of this mistake with our permission.
[large case holding a BR and Snipe descend]
Tawpgun: What of the Wolfpack?
Steely: The posts you will make as the Cleanser are perilous, suicidal. You will be PERMABANNED As each Cleanser before you has. The Wolfpack will have their account.
Tawpgun: [Picks up snipe and the BR] What would you have your Cleanser do?
Can...can we redo the entirety of the Halo 2 dialogue with this story?

We can do that, right?

zap

So it seems that FUD in the Limited Halo 4 bundle will just be a code to stream on Waypoint?

As long as it's good I'm pretty sure I will be buying the Blu-ray... but I would have loved it to have come in the pack. I hate Waypoint's streaming so much, offline options are SO much better :/

Also, way OT, but beardGAF will be dissapoint, I just shaved after going about 2 weeks. I just can't stand it, feels so grimy. It looks good on me too, but clean shaven just feels so good.
GET THAT GUY A PASS FOR PAX!

Buddermilk

Neo Member
Finally listened to the last Sparkcast. Did anyone else feel by the way they were talking that the Crawler, Watcher, and Knight were going to be the entire new enemy race? Aside from the Ancient Evil itself.

a zoojoo

Banned
You're forgetting the scene takes place among an entire council, there's plenty of room for cameos. 100x120 would be pretty good (I'm thinking of doing it in 720p), only problem is that not all avatars feature just a head. I made a basic mockup for zoojoo working on the modified Warwood logo for example, because his old avatar was a body/torso and head. That's the only problem we might come across for certain characters.

EDIT: The entire cutscene could be remade, arguably. Have exiles like EazyB be jackals in the prison cells, Devo as Cortana, Sai as one of the grunts climbing up the walls during the branding, etc. The most obvious role for Plywood I'm seeing right now would be after "Nay, it was heresy!" Followed by screams from the crowd like UNACCEPTABLEEEEEEEE or his "You really smell like dog buns" scream.

zoojoo's ship also needs to soisoisoisoisoi as it flies away as a prerequisite.
This begins the start of the greatest Halo-Related video ever to grace the internet.
I go to a zoo to drink for 3 hours and what happens here? You read that right. ZooBrew.

What you did there, i see it.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Tawpgun: There was only one junior.
Barrow Roll: One? Are you sure?
Tawpgun: Yes. They called it "a zoojoo."
Heckfu: Why was it not destroyed with the rest of their wave?
Tawpgun: It fled as we set fire to Waypoint. I followed with all the scrubs in A27.
Steelyuhas: When you first saw HaloGAF, were you blained by its majesty?
Tawpgun: Blained?
Steelyuhas: Pooped on? Donged?
Tawpgun: No!
Steelyuhas: Yet the juniors were able to evade your scrubs, jetpack onto the sacred thread, and desecrate it with their terrible posts!
Tawpgun: Noble hierarchs, surely you understand that once J10 attacked...
[crowd uproars]
Heckfu: There will be order in this Wolf Pack!
Barrow Roll: You were right to focus your attention on J10, but this Stinkles? This Mister Chief?
Tawpgun: By the time I learned of the Stinkle's intent, there was nothing I could do!
[crowd uproars again]
Steelyuhas: Barrow, this has gone on long enough! Make an example of this bk! The Wolf Pack demands it!
Barrow Roll: You are one of our most treasured instruments. Long have you lead your clan with honor and distinction. But, your inability to safeguard HaloGAF was a colossal failure.
Tunavi: Nay! It was heresy!
[crowd uproars intensely]
Tawpgun: I will continue my campaign against the juniors!
Barrow Roll: No, you will not.
[Signals Juices to take him away]
Barrow Roll: Soon Halo 4 shall begin, but when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet... and you shall be left behind.

Went to sleep.... missed the post of the year.... fail :(

Petrichor

Finally listened to the last Sparkcast. Did anyone else feel by the way they were talking that the Crawler, Watcher, and Knight were going to be the entire new enemy race? Aside from the Ancient Evil itself.

I'm pretty sure 343 guys have said that there will be more promethean enemy types AND more classes within types.

a zoojoo

Banned
So it seems that FUD in the Limited Halo 4 bundle will just be a code to stream on Waypoint?

As long as it's good I'm pretty sure I will be buying the Blu-ray... but I would have loved it to have come in the pack. I hate Waypoint's streaming so much, offline options are SO much better :/

I hope to God it won't be, one of the main reasons i'm getting the Limited Edition is so i can have Physical stuff, Digital isn't that important to me

EDIT: DAYUM, we're moving slow today

I'm pretty sure 343 guys have said that there will be more promethean enemy types AND more classes within types.

Hasn't it been said somewhere that we would see 7 different Promethean types? We've seen 3 so far, wonder what they've cooked up for the rest. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

So I got a perfection by going 20 and 3
Got to love host migration
Wow. I've never seen that happen. Many times, I've seen host migrations rob perfections by throwing away 1 or 2 kills to count you short of 15 (when you actually have 15 or 16 kills).

Why nobody plays Squad DLC? DLC maps are awesome!
We play it often. Anytime we have 6 players with DLC, it's the default choice. I think for people that exclusively play TU gametypes it can be uncomfortable to play default settings, but in my opinion, as someone who goes freely between Team Slayer, Super Slayer, Team Objective, and Squad DLC (my preference is default settings) one's preference for either default settings or TU settings isn't worth missing out on the unique experiences those playlists offer.

A thank you in advance to 343 for allowing me to never experience Elite Slayer ever again when H4 hits, bless you.
Another missed opportunity. A lot of what makes Elite Slayer bad is the starting weapons and, of course, Armor Abilities. Heretic Slayer, using only human starting weapons and grenades, really would have made the game more like older Halos IMO (read: better). Meh, whatever; after playing just a little H4, I won't be surprised if I don't touch Reach's multiplayer again.

So guys, how will BTB play out when everybody can spawn with plasma grenades and plasma pistols.
Pretty sure Frankie/David already told us that Loadout limitations will be in place for certain playlists, but I bet you already knew that.

On this schedule: http://www.g4tv.com/comic-con-2012/tv-schedule/

What does "Starts 7/6c" mean?

Starts at 7 pacific, 6 central?
yes

Ordinator

So I recently got back into Halo after a long break. I've been doing some Invasion in the hopes of getting Breakpoint for that achievement...am I screwed on this? I never see that map pop up in the lobby (I have the anniversary dlc and the map pack with Breakpoint, I think I'm missing the Noble dlc). I like the idea of Invasion, but like someone said before, it really does turn into grenade traps.

Also I wish I posted here sooner as I would have loved to get into the tourney. Haven't been in a tournament since Halo 1, and I really miss that whole scene. I was big into following the Pro scene back then (Ogres, Team StK and TDT). Every Halo since 1 has been a let down for me. I'm one of those old school Halo 1 pistol lovers. That's not to say that I don't love the sequels. They just haven't matched the first one.

And just to get this out there for the hell of it, Halo 1 is my all time favorite shooter followed by Shadowrun. Nothing has come close since these two, for me.

Akai__

So I recently got back into Halo after a long break. I've been doing some Invasion in the hopes of getting Breakpoint for that achievement...am I screwed on this? I never see that map pop up in the lobby (I have the anniversary dlc and the map pack with Breakpoint, I think I'm missing the Noble dlc). I like the idea of Invasion, but like someone said before, it really does turn into grenade traps.

Also I wish I posted here sooner as I would have loved to get into the tourney. Haven't been in a tournament since Halo 1, and I really miss that whole scene. I was big into following the Pro scene back then (Ogres, Team StK and TDT). Every Halo since 1 has been a let down for me. I'm one of those old school Halo 1 pistol lovers. That's not to say that I don't love the sequels. They just haven't matched the first one.

And just to get this out there for the hell of it, Halo 1 is my all time favorite shooter followed by Shadowrun. Nothing has come close since these two, for me.

The thing with the DLC map is, that you have a higher chance to get it, when you have a party, in which all of them have the DLC maps. If you need some help, just ask here, I'm sure some people will help you, including me. :)

yeah so anyways is the white text in the middle of the screen an optional toggle or not?
I know you're still looking for an answer from Frankie, but given the content and tone of his post earlier, I think it's safe to assume not. I don't like it either, but I don't really like much of the UI from what we've been shown so far.

Yes, but I imagine that only being the case for very specific playlists like SWAT, Snipers etc. Not BTB.
I have a strong feeling that BTB is getting special attention after the abomination that was in Reach.

To go out on a limb here, I believe that the many, many faults of Reach will end up making Halo 4 better in the long run. Bungie did an extremely bold thing by throwing a bunch of new shit at the wall just to see what stuck, and 343 is in a prime spot to take what did and didn't work to heart when it comes to evolving the game. From what I've seen and played so far, it seems to be working well.

Louis Wu

I would do unspeakable things to get hold of one of those Grifballs.
Holy crap - those are so much nicer than the original iteration:

01_fairfax_plays_grifball.jpg

Here's hoping they have them at PAX or something.

Aww man, that does suck :( Maybe someone screencapped it?
I lol'd

Really... why do people upload shit like this? I don't get it. :(

EDIT:
Also, I just attempted this at work, went down pretty well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7gm2UMCNS8

Holy crap. I missed this the first time around. I... I don't even know what to say.

Frankie, I know you don't know who I am and not to get weird, but you were in a dream of mine last night. We were at a bar and I had a short funny conversation with you. We then said our goodbyes and as I was walking away from you for some reason I knew you wanted a cigarette so in intense anticipatory movie slow mo style I launched one up toward you and right before you caught it I woke up. What does it mean? Just thought I'd share.

It means you want to start smoking.

So Frankie was a reflection of my super-ego maybe. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom