• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to God it won't be, one of the main reasons i'm getting the Limited Edition is so i can have Physical stuff, Digital isn't that important to me

EDIT: DAYUM, we're moving slow today

Confirmed by Stinkles yesterday to be a download code. The game hits manufacturing before the movie is even done - no way to have a Blu packaged inside.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
I didn't notice how much people quit in Reach until now. Two games in MLG everybody quits.

Yeah... that playlist is terrible for full games. Its either... Team of 4 stomps on the other team until everyone quits, team of 4 pros 50-0's a team because you get setup on and your team mates don't know how to not die off a spawn, or two random teams come together, play a terrible laggy match where host switches 5 times, the weapon timers reset and one team ends up with 3 rockets and a sniper....

And yet I keep searching alone... I must enjoy constant punishment....

You're describing every playlist in Reach.

Fair enough :)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Confirmed by Stinkles yesterday to be a download code. The game hits manufacturing before the movie is even done - no way to have a Blu packaged inside.

It could never be Blu Ray as a pack in anyway. If it had been a pack in it would have been a DVD because everyone has a DVD player. Can't say the same for Blu Ray. We'd be impacting the value for a huge percentage of potential players. And we wanted it to be HD for everyone - so... there we have it.

On a related note, LE packaging is done and it's mmm-mm good.

Akai__

It could never be Blu Ray as a pack in anyway. If it had been a pack in it would have been a DVD because everyone has a DVD player. Can't say the same for Blu Ray. We'd be impacting the value for a huge percentage of potential players. And we wanted it to be HD for everyone - so... there we have it.

Is there going to be a LE unboxing? Not in the next month, but maybe some weeks, before release?

Ordinator

The thing with the DLC map is, that you have a higher chance to get it, when you have a party, in which all of them have the DLC maps. If you need some help, just ask here, I'm sure some people will help you, including me. :)

Ah ok, that makes sense. I haven't played with any Gaffers yet, that should be fun. I'll be playing some this weekend so I'll see if anyone wants to get in on it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah... that playlist is terrible for full games. Its either... Team of 4 stomps on the other team until everyone quits, team of 4 pros 50-0's a team because you get setup on and your team mates don't know how to not die off a spawn, or two random teams come together, play a terrible laggy match where host switches 5 times, the weapon timers reset and one team ends up with 3 rockets and a sniper....

And yet I keep searching alone... I must enjoy constant punishment....
You're describing every playlist in Reach.

Is it a code to unlock the ability to stream it through Waypoint or is it a one time download through the marketplace?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

To be fair, there's a ton of those BluRay on one side DVD on the other movies out there. Although cost may be too high on those dual sided discs.

Can you post any images of the LE pack yet?

Aggrotek

Live reveal? ;)

Not at Comic Con.
Worth a shot...

Karl2177

Someone else can probably confirm, but will FUD be available on Blu-Ray near release?

OverHeat

« generous god »

Nice to know but I would have like a Blu-ray better. BTW are you a little hangover from last night :p ( limonade junky) and how was the full cut of FUD, better then you expected?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I don't know why they call LEs or CEs limited editions of collectors editions anymore. Just call it what it is, extra editions. They aren't limited and haven't been for some time, it's just more money for extra shit.

Can't wait to see what's in my EE.

Aggrotek

I don't know why they call LEs or CEs limited editions of collectors editions anymore. Just call it what it is, extra editions. They aren't limited and haven't been for some time, it's just more money for extra shit.

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Hunter's Edition. Purely about the extra shit.

lilty

CE still makes sense though.

The new Borderlands 2 trailer shows some nice stuff you get just for pre-ordering. Exclusive gold weapons to get started with, a key for a rare item, access to entirely new character class as soon as she becomes available, etc.

Is it a code to unlock the ability to stream it through Waypoint or is it a one time download through the marketplace?
This is kind of an important question. I don't want to rely on Waypoint at all for the digital stuff if I don't want to. Give me the option to download it, because the connection quality for anything I stream through Waypoint is squirrely at best.

One thing I really didn't like about the Legendary Reach commentary is I either had to watch it all in one sitting or try and remember where I left off and waste time fast forwarding to that spot whenever I could get back to it.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
Has anyone seen anything to indicate there will be a Halo4 Console? Being that this is a major first party game I would think so, looking to get something different I currently have the Gears 3 console, getting tired of the red.

Has anyone seen anything to indicate there will be a Halo4 Console? Being that this is a major first party game I would think so, looking to get something different I currently have the Gears 3 console, getting tired of the red.

there maybe a reveal at comic con, but don't get your hopes up.

lilty

One thing I really didn't like about the Legendary Reach commentary is I either had to watch it all in one sitting or try and remember where I left off and waste time fast forwarding to that spot whenever I could get back to it.

Is it sad that I have the legendary edition of Reach and didn't know about the commentary?

Guess I have something to do next time I'm bored.

Shadders

Nothing has been uttered from Microsoft.

BS Angel dropped a Tweet a couple of weeks back:

JessTweet.PNG

...which seems to suggest there might be more to announce at some point. There's definitely things being announced/shown off at Comic-Con and Microsoft have a history of unveiling new consoles at Comic-Con, so...

Omni

Is it sad that I have the legendary edition of Reach and didn't know about the commentary?

Guess I have something to do next time I'm bored.

Eh, not really. I haven't seen it either. I'm still annoyed it didn't come on a disc...

kylej

Banned
I know you're still looking for an answer from Frankie, but given the content and tone of his post earlier, I think it's safe to assume not. I don't like it either, but I don't really like much of the UI from what we've been shown so far.

The Halo 4 UI is probably the most universal step backwards from Bungie. Lord knows I've been vocal about Bungie's design decisions and their frequent showcases of ineptitude, but their UI is world-class through and through. Everything in Halo 4 looks like a cheap bootleg Chinese version of Bungie's stuff, with a dash of COD tossed in for good measure.

Which, again, wouldn't bother me if 343 would allow any player choice at all. I'm sorry, but the "we can't let you make custom control schemes because of potential graphic glitches" is one of the worst excuses I've ever read and the fact that people here were eating it up is hilarious. Let me change the color of my HUD, let me change controls, let me take the giant white all caps text out of the middle of the screen, etc. Hell, at least me change the design of the HUD from 5 different presets ala control schemes. This stuff has no bearing on other people's enjoyment, so why can't we have control over it?

Omni

The Halo 4 UI is probably the most universal step backwards from Bungie. Lord knows I've been vocal about Bungie's design decisions and their frequent showcases of ineptitude, but their UI is world-class through and through. Everything in Halo 4 looks like a cheap bootleg Chinese version of Bungie's stuff, with a dash of COD tossed in for good measure.
I'm on the fence about the UI, but it isn't that bad.

I'm such a steelbook whore, yum.

Gray Man

Banned

It sort of seems like Blue-Ray is dead. Didn't catch on like DVD did. I guess that's what happens when you try to overcharge your customers.

Halo 4's UI reminds me of Halo CE's MP design somewhat, although I haven't played CE MP in like 5 or 6 years so I don't remember it very clearly anymore.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm on the fence about the UI, but it isn't that bad.
You have tilt your head to read the names of the players in the lobby. The only way to read the names normally is to highlight every player individually. I'd say that's pretty bad design. And why they didn't decide to put more info about the gametype settings on the is beyond me. Instead we get 4 huge buttons covering half the screen.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Speaking of download codes - where do I access my Reach Legendary video now? There should be a visible menu in Waypoint for fancypants content.

It sort of seems like Blue-Ray is dead. Didn't catch on like DVD did. I guess that's what happens when you try to overcharge your customers.
What?

daedalius

The Halo 4 UI looks like it was designed by people who simply wanted to be different from Bugnie's influential, informative look.

Its like a whole new team has taken control of the franchise and wants it to have their own distinct look, different than what has come before.

Omni

You have tilt your head to read the names of the players in the lobby. The only way to read the names normally is to highlight every player individually. I'd say that's pretty bad design. And why they didn't decide to put more info about the gametype settings on the is beyond me. Instead we get 4 huge buttons covering half the screen.

Meh. If I cared about the other player's GTs I'd simply highlight them. I'm not seeing the big deal really... The big tiles are questionable, yes, but that's more of a preference. And who knows, perhaps they'll add the extra info about the gametypes later on.

/staying positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom