• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven works just fine for 2 on 2. Sprint for everyone. I even played one on one at ComicCon, and it was hardly cat and mouse. WOuldn't work without motion tracker, but the cross-map routes are super fast, as are the vertical paths.

Okay, so we got Haven, however are there any other maps that can/will scratch this particular smaller/arena map itch? I mean, I'm sure there are, I just want to hear it straight from the baucee

EvB

The Lava flow looks syrupy and convincing and there is vertical as well as horizontal flow, but the physics are effectively: THE GROUND IS LAVA. i.e., you die. Don't do it.

Up until you said that, I was worried the lava wasn't going to be convincing and look like it a river of dead seagulls or something.

I wonder if a seagull (or other bird) has had a collision with a Spartan in armour lock, would it kill the bird?. Can you make sure this is clarified somewhere in the fiction.

With all this content in Halo 4, I wo nder if it'll be two discs similar to H3:ODST when we get our copies at launch. Or it's on a new type of disc format all in one.

Did the majority of players that liked Armor Effects and Voices in Reach might make a return?

What's your opinions GAF?

Im not to big a fan of armor effects. Their cool for a little while, but then the
novelty wears off. But the voices are pretty cool. Especially stacker and johnson. I'd really like those for spartan ops and multiplayer. Id be fine with it being something only you can hear though. I know some people find them annoying.

Akai__

Waypoint is working again, so here it is:

T2cdF.jpg

Guy was playing maybe for the first time and he chose the MLG playlist for that. Can't understand this, why would you do this? The fact, that I was gettin matched up against 4 people, didn't help either.

All matches were pretty good, except this one. Reach, why you are doing this to me?

Edit: And yes I quited that game after I got killed several times by rockets, snipe, nade spam etc. Normally I don't rage but I couldn't handle it anymore.

Enfinit

I would. My NUMBER ONE thing to do, period, in life, is to swim in tropical or subtropical waters. Nothing beats it. It immediately and reflexively tells me we descended from aquatic beasts.

And related: I have swam at Siesta Beach, and the Keys (I realize this isn't exactly walking distance) are my favorite part of FL. Which probably isn't unusual.

As someone who grew up in Marathon, FL Keys, FL, and now located in west central FL, the Keys are nothing more than gay pride and an enormous tourist trap for the most part. The hidden parts are the beauty, if you can find them.

Blueblur1

I would. My NUMBER ONE thing to do, period, in life, is to swim in tropical or subtropical waters. Nothing beats it. It immediately and reflexively tells me we descended from aquatic beasts.

And related: I have swam at Siesta Beach, and the Keys (I realize this isn't exactly walking distance) are my favorite part of FL. Which probably isn't unusual.

I had a similar experience when I went on a Caribbean cruise a few months ago. (The beaches of St. Thomas are fantastic.) That experience and my love for tropical weather are some of the reasons why I never want to move out of Miami.

m23

Damn it, missed the Spartan Ops gameplay. Yesterdays panel still not up either. Why must they torture us?

off topic, the Gears Judgement Panel was pure awesome.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Damn it, missed the Spartan Ops gameplay. Yesterdays panel still not up either. Why must they torture us?

off topic, the Gears Judgement Panel was pure awesome.

I had the exact opposite reaction. What they are doing to the MP in that game is complete trash IMO. Horde/Beast combination is terribad.

Yeah I swam in Puerto Rico. Tons better.

You swam IN Puerto Rico? What are you, a relative of Dig Doug?

blamite

With all this content in Halo 4, I wonder if it'll be two discs similar to H3:ODST when we get our copies at launch. Or it's on a new type of disc format all in one.
Well, since Spartan Ops is all downloaded, it's just campaign and multiplayer on the disc. I'd imagine that gives 343 enough space to work with to fit everything on one disc.
Did the majority of players that liked Armor Effects and Voices in Reach might make a return?

What's your opinions GAF?
I really doubt there'll be selectable voices, since there's no firefight and not much need for them in Spartan Ops.

And Armor Effects, I never really liked. I've used the Legendary flames since launch, but I always thought all the Effects looked really tacky and out of place, Now that the multiplayer is grounded in canon, too, I really don't think we'll see them back.

(plus we've seen what I'm guessing is all the customization options and neither has shown up yet)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well, since Spartan Ops is all downloaded, it's just campaign and multiplayer on the disc. I'd imagine that gives 343 enough space to work with to fit everything on one disc.I really doubt there'll be selectable voices, since there's no firefight and not much need for them in Spartan Ops.

And Armor Effects, I never really liked. I've used the Legendary flames since launch, but I always thought all the Effects looked really tacky and out of place, Now that the multiplayer is grounded in canon, too, I really don't think we'll see them back.

(plus we've seen what I'm guessing is all the customization options and neither has shown up yet)
I'm pretty sure we've already seen them.

Sometimes when a spartan dies he dies in a shower of sparks like fireworks (not talking about the disintegration animation.)

Yes. Anyway warm ocean swimming pretty much trumps all but living in those places is not all its cracked up to be.

I must has your written signature for ebay sellings.

m23

I had the exact opposite reaction. What they are doing to the MP in that game is complete trash IMO. Horde/Beast combination is terribad.

I'm not sure about the game yet, but the panel I think was great. A lot of funny moments.

"Am I in the game" Had me dying of laughter.

Im not to big a fan of armor effects. Their cool for a little while, but then the
novelty wears off. But the voices are pretty cool. Especially stacker and johnson. I'd really like those for spartan ops and multiplayer. Id be fine with it being something only you can hear though. I know some people find them annoying.
Agreed. Can really see voices coming back. If they scrapped the armor effects for something more useful, then its worth it. Funny to remember the kids raging about firefight being replaced with SpOps and Skulls gone, yet Cinematic Terminals might turnout to be more detailed then CEA.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
As someone who grew up in Marathon, FL Keys, FL, and now located in west central FL, the Keys are nothing more than gay pride and an enormous tourist trap for the most part. The hidden parts are the beauty, if you can find them.

I like gay pride and sunshine and tiki drinks, so you are still describing my ultimate getaway.

wwm0nkey

Now we just need Corrinne Yu to...

...On second thought, she's probably better off without GAF on her mind.

She lurks here from time to time but she probably doesn't have enough time to make an account or post.

Getting Jessica or Kevin Grace in here would be pretty awesome though, you know what? Lets just get all of 343 in here pretty much everyone I have met there are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

Okay, so we got Haven, however are there any other maps that can/will scratch this particular smaller/arena map itch? I mean, I'm sure there are, I just want to hear it straight from the baucee

Haven and Adrift are two of the smaller/competitive-built maps in Halo 4, so that itch might have to be scratched with Forge if you're looking for something smaller.

I think Halo 4 is going to have one of the best launch line-up of maps :]

images

a zoojoo

Banned
iAJyttbAKgtvV.jpg

https://twitter.com/k_wolfkill/status/224608253269639168

It was good in my opinion. It showed the level design etc.
Probably be approved in 6 hours.

Come to Bradenton, FL
and lemme play Halo 4

I work in Sarasota, live in Bradenton right next to it.
Howdy, Neighbor.

Punk ass chips.

Oddly enough, he sort of has a point. Anyone who is allergic to tomatoes and eats salsa is probably not a winner in the Natural Selection lottery anyway.

Absolutely, was thinking the same exact thing, when I used to work at this grocery store around the corner for a few years, you would get the most ridiculous people who blame you for their errors or lack of judgement. However, I guess the same could be said about most facets of society.

One of the most infuriating things I have seen is when someone comes in on every kind of state/federal benefit in existence, and at the end of the transaction goes to the cashier "Oh, I'd like a carton of Newport Shorts" and pulls out a crisp 50, all the while using the Food Stamps to stock up on sodium loaded easy-to-make dinners and candy to feed their malnourished children.

I mean, I'm not perfect by any extent, and at 21 years old I have a lot to learn about life and will go through rough times no doubt, but sometimes you have to own your situation, take accountability and just grind your way out of it.

When I get a car the first thing I'm gonna do is drive up into WA (it's literally a stones throw away now) and just park outside 343 with nocs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom