• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
People doing assassinations are wasting everybody's time just so they can swing their e-dong in front of the person they're killing. I'll happily yoink people so we can move on and kill other dudes.

True, but sometimes those people deserve a long, drawn-out death.

EDIT: ^ Still wondering if the matchmaking lobby looks the same as custom.

Aggrotek

People doing assassinations are wasting everybody's time just so they can swing their e-dong in front of the person they're killing. I'll happily yoink people so we can move on and kill other dudes.

This is why I still haven't gotten the achievement for assassinating someone out of armor lock...

In other news. I got Halo 3 again. Downloading all the maps now.

H4 Comic-Con Longbow GP

WP_000145.jpg

WP_000143.jpg
These medals were changed for the final game right? :(

Tawpgun

People complaining about killstealing are so silly. Should I just look at the dude that you're trying to kill and wait until you've killed him? And really, if you don't want to get yoinked you shouldn't do an assassination in the first place.

Only exception is if you steal my overkill. Then fuck you.
half serious

I'm guessing the flash drive is the solution you're using, but I may be able to help. A friend of mine had an old elite xbox (I think it's the 120 gb version) that messed up (ethernet port stopped working). Wonder if I can convince him to give up the hard drive.
20120607035837_auto.gif

I would luv u 5evr

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
A few months or so, I rarely post as I come by to skim the forums while at work.

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
United States, 20 years old.

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
About 8 years ago. My friends were getting hyped around Halo 2 and I only had a Gamecube at the time. I played at a Halo 1 LAN until the game came out, I instantly fell in love with the warthog while driving around on Sidewinder.

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?

A couple years or so.

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)

Probably Halo 3; arriving at the Ark with the track Farthest Outpost playing was so badass. I love that campaign for how ridiculously epic it is and for its scale, and I'm really excited about Halo 4 for that reason. Favorite multiplayer map: I really liked Standoff for some reason. And Last Resort, assault was incredible on that.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.

I was 26 in Team Slayer, but I just play for funsies and good times.

AR or BR?
Why is this even a question?

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Halo: CE: Death Island
Halo 2: Zanzibar
Halo 3: Standoff

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
Tempest, and what the hell is with all the Reach hate? I'll admit the list is a little weak but including map packs it has a great roster.

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
BTB all the way

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?

Competitive Multiplayer

Games completed on solo Legendary.

All of them except Wars, working on Anniversary

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
Uhhhh wat.

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.

The Silent Cartographer, Keyes, Delta Halo, The Ark, The Covenant, Long Night of Solace, The Package

Favorite Reach playlists.
Super Slayer, Multi Team, BTB

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Depends on the weapon, I like what they're doing for Halo 4.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
It's a fun idea that adds another interesting variable but armor lock can fucking burn in hell for breaking the pace of the game. I use sprint mostly but I do enjoy screwing with people with active camo a lot.

Why are you a Halo fan?
Single player: it is an epic sci-fi saga and has a rich, deep lore and universe
Multiplayer: crazy, action-packed arena style fun. so many variables allow and customizations make it my favorite shooter or even multiplayer game ever.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax).
You guys are all pretty cool. This is the only forum where I don't sense hostility from a bunch of idiots.

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it.
I'm a student studying computer engineering. I love Metal Gear and I'm also a huge Nintendo fan for life.

Work today is so slow. Only thing on my plate is a few meetings, some paperwork, and that's it. Now, I'm in a "meeting" to decide on lunch. I kid you not.

Back on topic, I've only had issues with the assassination thing with a bad connection and only assassinate on purpose to make a point, usually in concert with my teammates.

To make it clear, I didn't wanted to make an animated assassination, I just tapped the bumper. And you guys are all doing it yoinks on purpose? I don't know guys, but this is something that only noobs are doing in order to get at least 1 kill.
joking

But on a more sirious note, why would you yoink?
why wouldn't you?

Seriously, what's the big deal with yoinks? I mean, we used to have someone post here who was proud of the fact that he betrayed teammates who yoinked kills from him... so fucking what?

YOUR TEAM STILL WINS. What difference does it make if you don't get the kill? Does it happen to you multiple times a game? (If it does, I guess that's a problem... but I think for most of us, we're talking a couple of percent of total kills, if that. So what?)

This is a serious question. I simply cannot understand why it makes people so angry.

Usually if I do an assassination, it means I took the time to sneak up on the guy. It's not the number associated with the kill I care about, it's the satisfaction of it.

Yes. Absolutely I try everytime to yoink someone's kill.

I do it because not only is it hilarious, but because usually in a game when performing an assassination the person is getting shot. It seems that very rarely do you get afforded enough time to perform the whole assassination without taking some fire from someone else.

So ironically you're the ultimate team player when you're stealing someone else's kill! Your virtuous acts will go unnoticed, your good deeds shall take place behind the curtains.

heckfu

Banned
H4 Comic-Con Longbow GP

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii97/Mr_Random100/WP_000145.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii97/Mr_Random100/WP_000143.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I've changed my mind about the lobby. Sideways text is a silly thing to bitch about. If my brain can't recognize the text "Barrow Roll" sideways then I have WAY bigger problems to deal with.

And pressing X to bring up active roster was a silly complaint, too. Not a big deal in the slightest.

Caja 117

Your tears are the reason I yoink. It's no different in my opinion than team shooting; if you want to take a minute to assassinate someone it's pretty much fair game to try and 'steal' it.
I don't mind most of the time yoinks, in fact, sometimes they are needed when a game is on the line, but it is annoying when you get into animation and your teammates start dropping bullets on the guy locked in the animation and in the process they drop your own shield, it hasn't been once or twice, that my teammates have done this. Not to mention that the guy doing the yoink stop paying attention to the game to get a kill on a already dead enemy.

Trey

They're only wasting their victim's time, because the initiator is the only other person directly involved in the animation. And it's not a waste of their time because they meant to do it (unless they suffer from the apparently chronic accidental assassination condition).

Akai__

I sometimes Yoink kills from random people (because i don't care about them) and i Yoink kills from my friend usually as retaliation for something else (but if there's no reason to retaliate, i don't Yoink).
I don't have problem with killstealing really, it is annoying in FFA but that's FFA.

I have to agree with you. Some of my friends are getting insane, when I yoink them.
And I don't have a problem with killstealing at all, not even in FFA. I try my best and that's all I can do.

All of my yoinks I have, are just yoinks that accidently happened or in the beginning of Reach, but after I figured out, that it is not cool, I did them accidently.

---

Know that this has been clarified, does anybody want to play some Reach games? I'm open to anything. Invite me, GT same as here.

I've changed my mind about the lobby. Sideways text is a silly thing to bitch about. If my brain can't recognize the text "Barrow Roll" sideways then I have WAY bigger problems to deal with.

And pressing X to bring up active roster was a silly complaint, too. Not a big deal in the slightest.

We lost him :(

kylej

Banned
I think they will do it here's why:

• Halo 4 will have join in progress multiplayer. If I don't get CTF I will quit, simple, other people will do the same if no one votes for their game type.
  • If I join in progress to a gametype I have no vote in then that is also no fun.

I am just reminding them so that they don't do a massive fuck up.

Er, nope won't happen. Too logical. In my experience, Halo games are tested under honor rules (see: Frankie claiming spawn trapping = cheating, see also: Zealot's space section) where everyone has fun and uses the sandbox and runs around with the AR and says good game after every round. People not having fun and finding a reason to quit or "abuse" the drop-in/drop-out system won't occur during these carebear sessions. Also you've got to remember that more player choice confuses people and can cause graphical glitches so there's really no need for a matchmaking game browser anyway.

They're only wasting their victim's time, because the initiator is the only other person directly involved in the animation. And it's not a waste of their time because they meant to do it (unless they suffer from the apparently chronic accidental assassination condition).

It's also a bit of a morale killer to the opposing team. You get used to dying, but an assassination is a big "fuck you, look what I can do". It's kind of like an elaborate tea bagging if you ask me.

Overdoziz

Banned
While you're busy showing your nuts to the person you're assassinating you could be busy helping us killing other players. Most of the time I really don't care but in MLG I'll yoink someone any time I get the chance to.

Yes.

I sometimes spend so much time trying to get people on a particular team, it's hilariously headache inducing.

And there's always one twat that goes a completely different colour. Lol.

It's one of the best reasons to go into matchmaking with a party of 8, because it'll just split you up however and you don't have to deal with headaches about "oh, well it'd be more balanced if we switched x for y..."

Seriously, what's the big deal with yoinks? I mean, we used to have someone post here who was proud of the fact that he betrayed teammates who yoinked kills from him... so fucking what?

YOUR TEAM STILL WINS. What difference does it make if you don't get the kill? Does it happen to you multiple times a game? (If it does, I guess that's a problem... but I think for most of us, we're talking a couple of percent of total kills, if that. So what?)

This is a serious question. I simply cannot understand why it makes people so angry.
Whenever I play with GAF, everyone makes it a point to yoink every assassination I attempt. Yes, multiple times a game, every single time. The problem is, yes the kill goes toward the team score, but you're going out of your way to take a kill I've already got covered. Go find someone else on their team to kill, I've got this dude handled for like 5 seconds. What's worse Is I often don't mean to animate these things, the game just decides I should stand there looking stupid for a few seconds.

This is why I still haven't gotten the achievement for assassinating someone out of armor lock...

In other news. I got Halo 3 again. Downloading all the maps now.

These medals were changed for the final game right? :(

David already confirmed they were different in the current build. I think what they're doing with them is actually a really smart move (Sticking to six colors: black, white, negative space/transparency, and then I'm assuming magenta/yellow/cyan) because it's less resources wasted on all the medals. It would just make sense with a different three primary colors, for example:

gM8za.png

While it's still not perfect, toning down saturation is a major help. I wouldn't expect insane detail/grittiness like Reach's medals at all. My only hope is we get a new set of colors that are a bit easier on the eyes.

Trey

It's also a bit of a morale killer to the opposing team. You get used to dying, but an assassination is a big "fuck you, look what I can do". It's kind of like an elaborate tea bagging if you ask me.

It is.

Er, nope won't happen. Too logical. In my experience, Halo games are tested under honor rules (see: Frankie claiming spawn trapping = cheating, see also: Zealot's space section) where everyone has fun and uses the sandbox and runs around with the AR and says good game after every round. People not having fun and finding a reason to quit or "abuse" the drop-in/drop-out system won't occur during these carebear sessions. Also you've got to remember that more player choice confuses people and can cause graphical glitches so there's really no need for a matchmaking game browser anyway.

JiP/DIDO is already in.

Edit: never mind, just reread what you were responding to.

While you're busy showing your nuts to the person you're assassinating you could be busy helping us killing other players. Most of the time I really don't care but in MLG I'll yoink someone any time I get the chance to.

Yoink if you wish. If you're in MLG I doubt anyone will care.

Aggrotek

David already confirmed they were different in the current build. I think what they're doing with them is actually a really smart move (Sticking to six colors: black, white, negative space/transparency, and then I'm assuming magenta/yellow/cyan) because it's less resources wasted on all the medals. It would just make sense with a different three primary colors, for example:

gM8za.png

While it's still not perfect, toning down saturation is a major help. I wouldn't expect insane detail/grittiness like Reach's medals at all. My only hope is we get a new set of colors that are a bit easier on the eyes.

I just don't like the style of them at all. I dunno what I would change but they just don't look right.

If someone assassinates me I have never felt shame or anger, I just watch the same repetitive animation I have seen multiple timea already. It's no moral killer lol.

Now if someone ninjas me, that's a whole nother story, but ninjas are useful to gameplay and are humiliating in context of how you where caught out, an assassination means nothing.

Noricart

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
A few months or so, I rarely post as I come by to skim the forums while at work.
What? You mean more like a year and a half; You might have come from the same junior wave as me! Then again, the time it takes to get in here IS weird.
Anyways, welcome aboard!

If someone assassinates me I have never felt shame or anger, I just watch the same repetitive animation I have seen multiple tunes already. It's no moral killer lol.

Now if someone ninjas me, that's a whole nother story, but ninjas are useful to gameplay and are humiliating in context of how you where caught out, an assassination means nothing.

Well then you've got a lot of zen in you...but you're probably right, someone standing there and shooting your head after you're dead is a lot more provoking than a repetitive assassination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom