• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaker117

I'm sort of against it.

One of my biggest gripes with Battlefield 3 is that every single time I start up a play session, my first match is a guaranteed loss. People get wrecked and quit, then I get put in their place. Sucks so much.

I understand where you are coming from, and DIDO is far from ideal, but it's become so standard that I feel Reach really suffers for not offering it. It comes with its own set of issues, but I think the trade-off is worth it.

heckfu

Banned
Barrow Roll pointed out that the Spartan on the Team Snipers banner has a jetpack.

lol

7KI1z.gif

Seriously.

• I hope 3 really is a crossbow-like weapon. I'm a sucker for those.
  • The mystery weapon and the Spartan's hip doesn't look anything like an SMG to me. Looks more like a folded up Scattershot, or some smaller Promethean weapon.
  • I really hope the Promethean Sniper has something that distinguishes it from the human sniper rifle. I always hated how similar the beam rifle was in H2/H3.
  • I'm still holding out on the Storm Rifle not counting as one of the ten new weapons, as it's the evolution of the Plasma Rifle. Here's hopin'.

Me too.

- I would love for a crossbow type weapon, possibly a large spike that impales and incinerates the target?

- We have seen that the Promethean weapons keep their basic profile while not being held, so I don't think its that. My guess is still an SMG, its design reminds me a bit of the new BR.

-Agreed, I hope the sniper feels unique.. Not sure how, but I am sure there are multiple ways to do it.

-Agreed, but Im gonna bet it counts as new sadly.

As for melee weapons.. it seems Prometheans have em on their arms, so maybe we can get something like those from some of the knight classes. Another thing I always wanted to see were the energy spears that honor guards carried.

Here is a test example, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS! SERIOUSLY DO NOT. This can give everyone a basic idea.

HaloGAF shirt test

Looking good, when its finished I wanna buy one... gonna try any orange in the logo?

Been playing Rage over the past couple of days. Game looks pretty good, Bungie quality .. ground..box

Solid gunplay (as usual for id), the driving is put together.. but the stuff between levels is so boring it hurts. For some reason, even though ODST had the hub, it didn't feel like a constant fetch quest like Rage does. So much going back and forth though. "I need you to help me! GO THERE" *get there* "I DONT HAVE EVERYTHING, YOU NEED TO GO TO THE OTHER PLACE" Me: FUCK YOU CARMACK

I only played the demo, but I have to say it was a graphical beast.. so good looking. Phenomenal animations also, everything was very believable, fluid and lifelike. Gun play wasn't the best, but I still wouldn't mind trying the full game eventually.. But man, I really hope Halo can eventually give more dynamic and fluid animations for the enemies.

Sorry Ryan, had to go in about this a bit. The Dark Knight Rises spoilers galore, be warned.

The more I think about it, the more I’m disappointed at how Bane became less relevant over the course of the movie – while he was one of the best things about the movie. In the end he was just a regular goon following orders and that eventually made him less menacing, but I don’t think the intention was just that. Marketing seems to have pushed him as a Joker like character, understandable seeing as how the last one got a huge buzz by doing that but at the same time it did a huge disservice to the character.

Bane was flawed as a character and debatable that he was a bad person per se, because well we don’t know why he was put in the pit (People were being put there for reasons that are questionable) and even when he was in the pit he saved a young girl from being abused from the scum there. If he was such scum, why would he even save a little girl? He did something honorable and knew the consequences of his actions. Shows that he did have some good in him.

The scene that really struck me was when he says that he never actually left the pit, his face in horror and sadness. Even though he was rescued by Talia, he still thought of that place and had a hold on him – he wasn’t as senseless as people make him out to be. Much of his actions in Gotham reflect much of what happened in the Pit, he tried to fulfill Talia’s whishes and bring justice. In his mind he was still trying to save the little girl from all the injustice in the world. Much of his campaign in the movie reflects that.

Not justifying his actions and use of violence though, but he isn’t your cookie cutter like villain in my opinion or maybe I have over thought this a bit too much.
TDKR spoilers galore
The problem with Bane is not anything to do with the character himself, but his actions over the course of the film are honestly just not that interesting. The takeover/liberation/bomb all felt very generic. The Joker was an amazing centerpiece of the last film not only because he is fascinating to watch onscreen, but because of the actions he took and just how wide spread and continuous his actions were. He was always three steps again, and it pushed the three central characters that were working against him (Dent, Gordon, and Batman/Bruce) to the brink when they all had plenty to lose, and then lost lost plenty, including completely breaking the "White Knight". Those themes of the White Knight and the Dark Knight were tested to the maximum in that film, and they simply didn't exist in Rises. It's not really the character of Bane's fault, but those themes being absent from the film, with the incredible driving force of the Joker pushing them makes Rises a simple and straight-forward film in comparison with TDK.

That is a terribly written paragraph, but I'm literally falling asleep at the keyboard here so fuck it. I guess the TL;DR of that would be that there was a personal connection between the Joker and Dent, Gordon, and Batman. Their themes played off each other, and tested each other. That isn't in Rises. Also, anyone else very disappointed in the lack of Gordon in this film? One of the main characters of the first two, incredible arc in the second film I thought, and in the third one he's just kind of there.
Seriously, can't play a single match without people quitting. Anyone against DIDO needs their head checked.

Can't wait to be able to play Big Team that isn't 8v3 by the end of every game.

TDKR spoilers galore

thats pretty much how I felt. TKDR spoilers
Every thing that you can tell Nolan wanted to impact the viewer just fell flat and uninspired. Bane peaked in the stadium takeover, and I found most of his scenes boring (sound like the child of Sean Connery and Goldmember didnt help). In TDK every scene Joker is in is more sinister then anything Bane did outside of the stadium. The more I think about the movie the more I get disappointed, and I purposely didnt get hyped beforehand I only watched 1 trailer, didnt rewatch the other 2 movies ect ect. I also feel the plot was sloppy and a recut/rearrange would help the movie greatly. Then the personal pet peeves like being a recluse for 8 years then leaving for a necklace and jumping right back into what you left and then that disappointing ending...blah

TheOddOne

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
˙ԀO┴S ┴I Ǝʞ∀W ˙doʇs oʇ spǝǝu uoıʇɐuıɯoqɐ sıɥʇ 'ʍou ʇı ǝƃuɐɥƆ
When NeoGAF is ashes, you have my permission to die.

Episode 6 – No Guests Allowed

Due to scheduling issues there are no guests this time – you’ll have to settle for regulars Tashi0106, Domino Theory, and ncsuDuncan. (86 minutes. Recorded 07/20/2012.)

0:01:01 – Segment 1 – Games we’ve been playing.
0:20:37 – Segment 2 – Domino discusses his Comic-Con Adventures, including the very first Halo 4 Humpday Challenge: 343i vs HaloGAF.
0:59:56 – Segment 3 – A quick roundup of Halo News.
1:20:13 – Post-Credits Bonus – “Morgan Freeman” reads a fan’s letter to 343 Industries.

(Download MP3)
(Listen on YouTube) – Coming Soon
(Subscribe in iTunes)
(Podcast RSS Feed)
Downloading it now. Will listen this evening. :)
Are you in a competition with Gray Man for creepiest avatar?

Talents

Banned
Downloaded the Twitch TV app on my phone. So good.

Does anyone else find it useful?

Or use other apps like Stream Catcher, recommendations?

Helllllll naw, I hate the Twitch Tv app for a number of reasons, first off it doesn't let you watch past streams, second the comments never load on streams, and third it always changes video quality so I'd be watching something then it'll jump back to 20 seconds ago.

Frusturating.

willow ve

Fixed.

Seriously, can't play a single match without people quitting. Anyone against DIDO needs their head checked.

How is Drop In / Drop Out going to fix the quitting issue? If anything it will make quitting more acceptable and more prevalent. Hopefully 343 makes their matchmaking preferences strict enough and customizable enough to insure that you can choose to NEVER be put into a match that has already started.

Drop In / Drop Out would be fine for playlists that allow guests, but there needs to be a piece of Halo that doesn't allow it.

Talents

Banned

First that creepy video someone posted yesterday of that thing with a mask on attacking a guy Entry #18 or something which prevented me from sleeping, and even though I've seen that image of the girl multiple times, this time it was 10 times creepy.

a zoojoo

Banned
And I still don't have my passport. Ffffuuuuuck.

So those CMT guys that did the Truth and Reconciliation SPv3 mod are tackling Silent Cartographer next.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we7Zd4LFI7o
MeWant.
Here is a test example, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS! SERIOUSLY DO NOT. This can give everyone a basic idea.

HaloGAF shirt test
Dang it, i was just about to order my HaloGAF shirt until i saw this.
"What is a zoojoo?" -my girlfriend

What is a zoojoo?
If you answer this, you will be the smartest man/woman (i'm not sexist) in the world.
image.php

CHANGE AVATAR NOW, THIS IS CREEPY.
Burn that shit wit fire.
Actually burn this with fire.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
drop in drop out is going to be amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

Drop in drop out is terrible for most halo games

Big team battle / customs are fine

The problem with halo is that you don't join a game and stay with the game until you leave... Like PC shooters

They need to have casual work that way and competitive to be distinct matches

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
drop in drop out is going to be amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

Agreed. (I think you're being serious here anyways, I can never tell. :p)

Quitting is one of the top things that prevents me from enjoying the games to their full potential. Yeah you'll still have quitting, but no more will you get into BTB and eventually have 2 versus 8. You'll get a bunch of new players and have a shot to win again.

For me, the jury is out on drop-in/drop-out. Potentially fantastic. I want to believe.

I like the new dinosaur enemies in Halo 4.
Strange how we haven't seen any jackals yet.

question: this (^) possible in all playlists?
We haven't really heard specific playlist talk, probably won't until October.

Defect

I hope you have a choice to only find matches that are about to start. I know for sure that you're never going to be put on the winning team. Nobody quits when they're winning unless they lag out or get booted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom