• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah, those are important differences, but it still felt too much like a normal sniper to me. I'd be okay with them bringing it back, but I want the Promethean Sniper to be something really unique.

Make it function like the plasma pistol (not damage wise). 3 shot kill uncharged (ROF slightly faster than the human sniper, or you can overcharge it like the plasma pistol, and it becomes 1 shot kill, regardless of location. Overcharging it without firing a shot drains energy, just like the PP.

Maybe give it 18 individual bursts, and you'd get 5-6 insta-kills if you charged it all the way. It could also overcharge like the Beam Rifle. Full charge up could take 2-4 seconds.

Disclaimer: this idea is probably terrible.

Is it just me or does the difference between the normal text and "O" look funky?

Is it too large, because I feel the Halo logo is essential to the design. I can size it down if that is the case. I need criticism now because once it is finished it is finished.

Ignore the Neogaf logos issues for now because Devo is fixing that for me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is it too large, because I feel the Halo logo is essential to the design. I can size it down if that is the case. I need criticism now because once it is finished it is finished.

Ignore the Neogaf logos issues for now because Devo is fixing that for me.

It's just my personal taste. Don't change it for my dumb ass. Make what you like.

daedalius

Got like 50 kills in some goofy tanks custom game in H2 District. Didn't use a tank at all, just ran around with sniper and BR most of the time.

Is the grenade arc in Halo 4 more like Halo 2? If so, they definitely don't go nearly as far without a lot of look direction change.

Tried League of Legends because my friend told me to, wow, totally uninterested in trying to learn to play that. Also played a little Tribes:Ascend, decent game I guess, really annoying trying to pin someone down to actually fight them.

Also, would definitely buy one of those shirts.

Slaker117

Alright, made it larger, moved it up. Made it Seagreen just to see what it looked like on baseball 3/4 sleeve with seagreen. BADASS. Is this sizing better?

HALOGAF shirt test 2 SEAGREEN

ONCE AGAIN. DO NOT PURCHASE IT. IT IS A TEST.

Here is the Grey version just larger.

HaloGAF shirt large Grey logo

Yeah, that size and placement looks just right in that, though,
Is it just me or does the difference between the normal text and "O" look funky?
I can see where this is coming from. With the different font being used for the "O", it separates it from the rest of the text, so it almost looks like it just says "HAL GAF" with a logo in the middle. Of course we all know what it means, but it'll look off to anyone who doesn't.

Tashi

Well I want to make something everyone likes, but I'll make adjustments if needed. And if I use this site I can have all the alternate versions.

lol stop there. You're not going to please everyone.

End of the podcast.

I'm dying here lol

lol so great.

Yeah, that size and placement looks just right in that, though,

I can see where this is coming from. With the different font being used for the "O", it separates it from the rest of the text, so it almost looks like it just says "HAL GAF" with a logo in the middle. Of course we all know what it means, but it'll look off to anyone who doesn't.

I know what it means and it still looks weird to me lol. I would use the NeoGAF logo there. Keep the spacing and height the same. But, I'm not an artist.

Thanks sltpoison, I just bought several of those shirts!

same here, got one for my dad, my mom, my sister, my grandpa (RIP gonna bury him in it) and my parakeet, hope the XS is small enough for him

Does anyone ever get the feeling that they're kind of losing their love for competitive multiplayer modes? I find myself having a lot more fun in co-op modes nowadays, like horde.

Maybe that's just because I spent the entire night getting pooped on across two different halo games and gears, but I just wasn't having it by the end.

Slaker117

Alright, here is a clean text example. If anyone knows the font used for the NeoGAF logo you would be awesome.

HaloGAF logo Clean Text version.

DO NOT PURCHASE

This version looks perfectly fine and I would buy it, but it is a little plain. Maybe if you could replicate the UNSC style font from the original logo?
2273576-unsc_insignia__post_war_.png
I don't know how hard that would be, but it would make it look more Halo-ish.

That reminds me of Halo, on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being "Not Like Halo," a 1.
True, it's not really recognizable, but at least it would have a contention to something from Halo. And stylistically, just about anything is more interesting than Helvetica (or whatever Helvetica-like font that is, I can't tell).

Tashi

I had an awesome idea for a HaloGAF shirt years ago.

You know how the Halo ring looks when you're on the horizon? Well it's that (the shape and very few details done with great artistic touch) and then just the NeoGAF logo right in the middle.

Mock that shit up

You know how the Halo ring looks when you're on the horizon? Well it's that (the shape and very few details done with great artistic touch) and then just the NeoGAF logo right in the middle.

Mock that shit up

DUDE! I was seriously considering making that exact design. I actually began mocking it up. I don't know if you jokesters should be allowed to be blinded by its majesty.

stop thinking of it as an awards show, that part isn't for you. think of it more of an hour of new game reveal trailers with some shitty comedy bits in between. The VGAs have had more surprises then E3 in recent years.

That doesn't really help much, it's just an awful production/presentation in just about every regard.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Okay, I'm pretty much dying to see The Dark Knight (not Rises).

Is Amazon's streaming any good? I wonder how well it would perform on my 360. $2 for the rental isn't too bad.

TheOddOne

One of my biggest issues was this:

(spoiler tagging just to be sure, no actual spoilers here though)

I felt Bane was a much weaker villain than Joker. He just wasn't intimidating at all. From his actions to his mannerisms, he just did not seem that big a thread. Joker was absolutely terrorizing, from his elaborate traps to his twisted dialogue. Bane just didn't do it for me.
Sorry Ryan, had to go in about this a bit. The Dark Knight Rises spoilers galore, be warned.

The more I think about it, the more I’m disappointed at how Bane became less relevant over the course of the movie – while he was one of the best things about the movie. In the end he was just a regular goon following orders and that eventually made him less menacing, but I don’t think the intention was just that. Marketing seems to have pushed him as a Joker like character, understandable seeing as how the last one got a huge buzz by doing that but at the same time it did a huge disservice to the character.

Bane was flawed as a character and debatable that he was a bad person per se, because well we don’t know why he was put in the pit (People were being put there for reasons that are questionable) and even when he was in the pit he saved a young girl from being abused from the scum there. If he was such scum, why would he even save a little girl? He did something honorable and knew the consequences of his actions. Shows that he did have some good in him.

The scene that really struck me was when he says that he never actually left the pit, his face in horror and sadness. Even though he was rescued by Talia, he still thought of that place and had a hold on him – he wasn’t as senseless as people make him out to be. Much of his actions in Gotham reflect much of what happened in the Pit, he tried to fulfill Talia’s whishes and bring justice. In his mind he was still trying to save the little girl from all the injustice in the world. Much of his campaign in the movie reflects that.

Not justifying his actions and use of violence though, but he isn’t your cookie cutter like villain in my opinion or maybe I have over thought this a bit too much.

FyreWulff

Been playing Rage over the past couple of days. Game looks pretty good, Bungie quality .. ground..box

Solid gunplay (as usual for id), the driving is put together.. but the stuff between levels is so boring it hurts. For some reason, even though ODST had the hub, it didn't feel like a constant fetch quest like Rage does. So much going back and forth though. "I need you to help me! GO THERE" *get there* "I DONT HAVE EVERYTHING, YOU NEED TO GO TO THE OTHER PLACE" Me: FUCK YOU CARMACK

Mock that shit up

I told you it was shitty
Were you blinded by it's majesty? :p
, but here it is anyway. I just didn't know where to go with it. It looked like a volcano.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Fixed.

Seriously, can't play a single match without people quitting. Anyone against DIDO needs their head checked.
I'm sort of against it.

One of my biggest gripes with Battlefield 3 is that every single time I start up a play session, my first match is a guaranteed loss. People get wrecked and quit, then I get put in their place. Sucks so much.

Tashi

Oh no no no. Just the little NeoGAF ball bro. That's what I was talking about. Also, it's too square and sharp.

Ramirez

I'm sort of against it.

One of my biggest gripes with Battlefield 3 is that every single time I start up a play session, my first match is a guaranteed loss. People get wrecked and quit, then I get put in their place. Sucks so much.

I'll take a revolving door of randoms over 10 minutes of 7 on 3 with 2 AFK. Your situation is avoided by playing in a party, and if you can't do that, you should know by now that playing solo in Halo is going to lead to bad times.

His idea was better than yours Tashi. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom