• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarmerr

I didn't say I wouldn't buy it, but it won't be a game that I play as much as the other Halos (Reach/ODST excluded).

Ohh I was just saying how my halo 4 experience will work with or without a ranking system. I wasn't saying that you wouldn't but it or anything.

Homeboyd

For HAYOLO: Reach

bundy-mullet.gif

Overdoziz

Banned
You know, Reach really only is fun if you're either playing MLG or pooping on kids in other playlists. The moment you start playing competitively in any playlist outside MLG it's just a game of who can abuse stupid shit the best.

kylej

Banned
I love playing on classic Halo maps with armor abilities.

Classic Halo maps designed without armor abilities in mind.

Now you play them with armor abilities. It's brilliant. Super happy the jetpack is back too.

Jesus christ these playlists are an abomination.

Now you play them with armor abilities. It's brilliant. Super happy the jetpack is back too.

But Anniversary Classic has classic Halo maps sans armor abilities.

Problem solved?

a zoojoo

Banned
Holy shit, is that your channel?
I don't think Ellis would've teased the topic if it wasn't definitely going to happen. And yeah, I can't wait for that podcast.

not gonna happen. too busy writing moar MC and Cortana fan fics.

So, so much.

They're all just abysmal.

Yesterday we played BTB Heavies on this map called Asphalt which is an enclosed map with many narrow passages and long open corridors.

Let me repeat that:

A BTB Map

With Vehicles and Heavy Weapons

Narrow Passages and Open Corridors

So you've got this smorgasbord of hogs, wraiths, revenants and heavy weapons on top of the FUN, FUN, FUN layer of bloom and all the other dopey mechanics in tight, long and open areas. Shit was a bonanza.
Hate that map so much.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So, so much.

Yesterday we played BTB Heavies on this map called Asphalt which is an enclosed map with many narrow passages and long open corridors.

Let me repeat that:

A BTB Map

So you've got this smorgasbord of hogs, wraiths, revenants and heavy weapons on top of the FUN, FUN, FUN layer of bloom and all the other dopey mechanics in tight, long and open areas. Shit was a bonanza.
But Anniversary Classic has classic Halo maps sans armor abilities.

Problem solved?
Yeah that thing totally plays like classic Halo.

My nostalgia has never been so whelmed.

Also please note that there will most likely be a severe lack of remakes in Halo 4, considering the fact that sprint is there for everyone all the time.

Imagine playing a lockout remake while everyone has sprint.

Man, that is an insane amount of detail to put into a figure. It's kind of awesome and ridiculously silly at the same time. Why would they debut with Carter though, and not the new Halo 4 Chief or something?
Who knows? Maybe ThreeA wanted to do Carter? There can be plenty reason. Personally I am hoping for a ThreeA Master Chief since the announcement.

kylej

Banned
So, so much.

We played a group of 4 fat inheritor nerds on Beaver Creek and I knew what was going to happen the moment I saw them in the lobby. WHY THE FUCK do I have to play Beaver Creek against people with jetpacks? Does 343 not see how this totally and completely breaks the entire design of the map? It's mind-numbingly awful. I'm sitting here trying to shoot people like I'm actually playing a Halo game, meanwhile the enemy team is sprinting away, jetpacking behind shit, teleporting to the other side... I mean, what the fuck is this? It's not Halo.

I'm really glad we have to wait another couple weeks to get a hint at what the next matchmaking update will be too, instead of, you know, telling us what they're working on. All I could think tonight was "no wonder everyone plays COD."

So, so much.

Let me repeat that:

A BTB Map

I remember that game, got like 10 kills with the Focus Rifle. Map sux though.

We played a group of 4 fat inheritor nerds on Beaver Creek and I knew what was going to happen the moment I saw them in the lobby. WHY THE FUCK do I have to play Beaver Creek against people with jetpacks? Does 343 not see how this totally and completely breaks the entire design of the map? It's mind-numbingly awful. I'm sitting here trying to shoot people like I'm actually playing a Halo game, meanwhile the enemy team is sprinting away, jetpacking behind shit, teleporting to the other side... I mean, what the fuck is this? It's not Halo.

I'm really glad we have to wait another couple weeks to get a hint at what the next matchmaking update will be too, instead of, you know, telling us what they're working on. All I could think tonight was "no wonder everyone plays COD."

Sounds like a case of noadaptis goldkidis. Its relatively common and has been going around HaloGAF, should be out of your system with simple antibiotics*

*check with Heckfu before actually doing this.

I also bolded redundant words not needed in your post.

heckfu

Banned
Sounds like a case of noadaptis goldkidis. Its relatively common and has been going around HaloGAF, should be out of your system with simple antibiotics*

I'll allow it. I deem you deputy pharmacist of the day!

SDC-Badge.jpg

Risen

Sogood

Slaker117

Who knows? Maybe ThreeA wanted to do Carter? There can be plenty reason. Personally I am hoping for a ThreeA Master Chief since the announcement.

Yeah, I guess it could be for any number of reasons, and I actually really like Crater's design, but it just seems like something you would want to do from a marketing perspective. Master Chief is by far the more popular and iconic figure, and it would be one more way to get Halo 4 in front of people before release.

Oh well, it's not like it matters. It just struck me as an odd decision.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Probably nothing. History tells us that the campaign will likely take normal people 8-10 hours on Heroic, but Team Downer will insist on saying it's only a 5 hour campaign a few months after the game releases.

I will complete the campaign in about 6 hours on Legendary Solo the day I get the game...

Anytime a Dev claims 'X' hour campaign, take about 40% off it and you get an accurate campaign length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom