• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computron

Given that Frankie has kyle on his ignore list and only sees his posts when he is quoted, I can see how we can have some fun with this...

Enfinit

I'd take a comprehensive explanation of the ranking system over direct feed footage of anything.

I'd take a comprehensive explanation of the ranking system over an in-depth sandbox podcast any day. The reason I think 343's strayed away from the topic is because they haven't fully figured it out yet.

Akai__

I don't think Ellis would've teased the topic if it wasn't definitely going to happen. And yeah, I can't wait for that podcast.

Can't wait for that. The Reach podcast with Sage, where he explained pretty much all the sandbox in-depth and gave a bunch of other technical information about the game such as FOV was great.

Yeah I can't wait, too. I like those kind of podcasts.

Are the guys who film the vidocs busy with FUD or something?

You are probably being sarcastic, but isn't the FUD filming over? I think they said at Comic Con, that it only needs to be polished. Like adding special efects and things like that.

Edit: We will get a bulletin tommorow, but maybe not next week, because the angel is on vacation. Frankie should talk about water In the next bulletin again and comfirm this already:

ih_boat02.jpg

Edit 2:

Please put that image in quotes Croatia. (thanks!)

Do we have to quote images, if they are not ours? I never thought about this.

Talents

Banned
I'd take a comprehensive explanation of the ranking system over an in-depth sandbox podcast any day. The reason I think 343's strayed away from the topic is because they haven't fully figured it out yet.

Waiting for the ranking system to be released is making me anxious... if there isn't a good TruSkill ranking system then Halo 4 is over for me.

4XUL

What's your gamertag? I'll check my mental game history to see if I cursed your name or not.
Just look it up in your online game history!

lol
That would require first their being a ranking system to explain.

Its all tied up at fun to fun!

Yeah people sure have high expectations for a ranking system even though we don't even know if one will be in the game.

I think there will be one only you can see like Frank said, or there won't be one at all. Expecting anything more just really just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Give me a Black Ops type Combat Record of each player in the game. I want to see KDs, W/L, favorite weapons and all that cool stuff before the game starts. Info like that is great as I can get insight into gameplay styles and talents of the opposing team as well as my own.

343 should take everyone who's callout is YOLO and not let them respawn.
LOL. Approved.
Give me a Black Ops type Combat Record of each player in the game. I want to see KDs, W/L, favorite weapons and all that cool stuff before the game starts. Info like that is great as I can get insight into gameplay styles and talents of the opposing team as well as my own.

Yeah a very in-depth combat record/service record in-game would be very nice.

Ken

".053 K/D feeder noob on my team time to quit!"

Ew. The OST being only 78 minutes would suck.

Halo CE = 65.08

Halo CEA = 83.43

Halo 2 vol 1 = 69.20

Halo 2 vol 2 = 68.48

Halo 3 = 118.36

Halo ODST = 114.50

Halo reach = 107.30

Ah. Well then, I didn't.

I'm going to be home in 30 minutes. If you'd like to play Reach, just send me an invite. Gamertag is the same as my name on here.

I'll be asleep bro, sorry.

Although, I'm up for playing reach with you one day, if our times match up. : )

Halo CE = 65.08

Halo CEA = 83.43

Halo 2 vol 1 = 69.20

Halo 2 vol 2 = 68.48

Halo 3 = 118.36

Halo ODST = 114.50

Halo reach = 107.30

Seems reasonable given it's the first game in the trilogy and all. Also, I just checked:

Halo 2's entire library of music that was used in-game (no bonus Incubus/Hoobastank included) is 2 hours and 4 minutes long.

This means Halo 4's music library is almost twice that of Halo 2's.

FyreWulff

Seems reasonable given it's the first game in the trilogy and all. Also, I just checked:

Halo 2's entire library of music that was used in-game (no bonus Incubus/Hoobastank included) is 2 hours and 4 minutes long.

I still wish Blow Me Away would come out for Rock Band. I imagine the song is in song-rights hell though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Why would you ignore the Incubus/Hoobastank opus?

Next time we work on extended soundtracks/guest artists/etc we will approach it VERY differently.

Swarmerr

Waiting for the ranking system to be released is making me anxious... if there isn't a good TruSkill ranking system then Halo 4 is over for me.

4XUL

I can't say I won't buy the game if there is no good skill based rank system but... it will definitely not be a game I constantly play without one.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'd take a comprehensive explanation of the ranking system over direct feed footage of anything.
I'd take a comp-
I'd take a comprehensive explanation of anything.
Yeah.

Next time we work on extended soundtracks/guest artists/etc we will approach it VERY differently.
Barrow Roll's rendition of Incubus' Follow is otherwordly. I say this for anyone who is in a lobby with him just ask him to utter the music.

The version of Follow with the sawtooth riffs in place of the chorus and the instrumental of Blow Me Away are still counted, don't worry.

Can you actually confirm whether or not those four hours are entirely in-game music? Or does it include any potential bonus tracks already?

Talents

Banned
I can't say I won't buy the game if there is no good skill based rank system but... it will definitely not be a game I constantly play without one.

I didn't say I wouldn't buy it, but it won't be a game that I play as much as the other Halos (Reach/ODST excluded).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom