• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So isn't that just the look of the lobby in custom games when you're the one setting them up? I imagine it will look different if you're not the host, and will look different from the matchmaking lobby too

Fracas

#fuckonami
If only there were a Beta

We should probably ask Frank if there are plans to be a beta. Didn't Halo: Reach have one?

I was going to ask them if they were going to do their best to make Halo 4 a good game, but this question's probably more important.

zap

np. Addressing your butteriness comment on the previous page, there's hardly a difference between moving the stick right and pressing X.

But you have to press the button just to view the list. That's my problem with it. It's made worse by the fact that it COULD be there, but they made the buttons so massive while not giving more info about anything. We lost the friends list and gained nothing (lost clean look too).

ODST could get away with it because the maximum lobby size was four.

I'm not sure how the Halo 4 lobby will look with sixteen players...

Yeah, it's going to look pretty cluttered.

kylej

Banned
EXPECTING ANYTHING GREAT AFTER FORERUNNER VISION AND ITEMS THAT GET DELIVERED TO YOU AFTER YOU GET KILLS, 2012

1338343828159xdkk2.gif

I lol'd

Need quick help. If money isn't an issue should I get a MacBook pro with or without retina display? Save the smartass windows vs PC debate, just need some honest Mac opinion.

Few programs will use the high resolution. It will mostly benefit text on webpage, word processing programs etc. That said, I believe a few Apple developed programs take advantage of the extra real estate. As always, games can benefit from the higher resolution as well.

A disadvantage of the retina display is that you cannot upgrade your own ram as it is soldered to the motherboard. In addition to the ram, There are a few other proprietary parts that you cannot upgrade/replace on your own. Also, there is the whole issue of only 2 usb ports and no optical drive.

On the other hand, the retina display is really pretty and the thing is incredibly thin.

All of that said I would get the retina MBP only because I feel as though in addition to being a more "high end" piece of hardware it would also serve my day to day needs very well.

But that is just my opinion. It wouldn't hurt to ask in the Mac OT

IHaveIce

Banned
Of course. There are other publisher which will show games...

"big exclusive titles" Which other big exclusive titles does the xbox have?

I've mentioned in my mail my main concern is Halo4, they said I shouldn't be too worried.. maybe they think they would loose an customer and lie but hey .. I take any opportunity :(

I'm jealous if there still would be pax tickets I would fly with you ha !

Put me down for UI hate.

Looks like its supposed be made for Kinect or some bullshit.

I'm not a fan of the big fucking blocks with visuals that don't really provide useful information anymore and the real estate they take up. It's being used everywhere. If there is very little information necessary, fine sure, use it. But when there are more than several things a player wants to see. Like a friend list, and you decide to add a button when previous games could display 16 players fine, and those UIs were more than useful, I have to wonder what the fuck people are thinking.

Overdoziz

Banned
How can a UI with 4 items be more cluttered?

Gametype, map, start and friends. That's all you need to see. All the more in-depth options people will sometimes use are hidden away somewhat. That's some good Nielson shit right there :p
Bottom half showing all the players is cluttered, the top half isn't cluttered but doesn't give you enough information. Wasting space all around.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
He's the only one who say's bad stuff about the game directly to the makers, E.G. Frank/Ellis.

Oh and Over.

Hold on, because I'm taking offense to this. What exactly are you talking about? Expressing concern or an opinion about a game 99% of us haven't played or saying this game is CoD?

It's fine that you love Kyle (so do I, guy is hilarious and fun to play with) but don't imply that we're all a bunch of fucking pussies here and he's the shining truth in the dark cloud of dick riding. With overdoz as his side kick.

Pardon my french.

I'm not a fan of the big fucking blocks with visuals that don't really provide useful information anymore and the real estate they take up. It's being used everywhere. If there is very little information necessary, fine sure, use it. But when there are more than several things a player wants to see. Like a friend list, and you decide to add a button when previous games could display 16 players fine, and those UIs were more than useful, I have to wonder what the fuck people are thinking.

All the friends are there.... they are just... vertical... You know? For those people that love reading stuff sideways.

He's the only one who say's bad stuff about the game directly to the makers, E.G. Frank/Ellis.

Oh and Over.

i'm pretty sure everyone here says their opinion. i remember when i first started posting when the GI stuff was leaked everyone was freaking out names and other things from the leak.

people say what they feel, good or bad. I don't think Frankie or Ellis mind, as they would rather have honest opinions as opposed "OMG UR GAME LOOKS SO GOOD BETA CODE PLZ"

I am not only one who sees the similarities?

"big exclusive titles" Which other big exclusive titles does the xbox have?

I've mentioned in my mail my main concern is Halo4, they said I shouldn't be too worried.. maybe they think they would loose an customer and lie but hey .. I take any opportunity :(

I'm jealous if there still would be pax tickets I would fly with you ha !
Did they say Xbox exclusive?

kylej

Banned
I just love having to turn my head to read the names of people in my lobby. Someone crack the whip on these artists, they're turning a simple and iconic lobby into their own Sistine Chapel. Tone it down a bit with the Web 3.0 Better With Kinect nonsense.

daedalius

>Skilled
>At Reach

I lol'd.

I'm a concerned player aswell, I haven't totally put it down, yet, but if I don't start seeing interesting things soon, I guess Halo 3 will be one of the only games I play for the next 3/4 years.

I lol'd irl, in the middle of JC Penny.

Halo 3 for the next 3-4 years... lol

What is this juniors, kyle, others drama? Shut the fuck up. Is that why these threads have been running so fast? Christ. Take the drama to PMs so some of us don't have to weed through a bunch of shit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just love having to turn my head to read the names of people in my lobby. Someone crack the whip on these artists, they're turning a simple and iconic lobby into their own Sistine Chapel.

We'll see how we get used to this new one but damn Active Roster as it is in Reach will missed. It's so great

I'd personally like the same buttons and whatnot on screen but not in the current layout.

I'd rather;

Tags taking up the right of the screen stacked on top of each other, font is horizontal.

The left side of the screen has the other 3 buttons placed vertically.

I just love having to turn my head to read the names of people in my lobby. Someone crack the whip on these artists, they're turning a simple and iconic lobby into their own Sistine Chapel. Tone it down a bit with the Web 3.0 Better With Kinect nonsense.

Sistine Chapel looks better. This looks like Halo Waypoint.

Talents

Banned
I lol'd irl, in the middle of JC Penny.

Halo 3 for the next 3-4 years... lol

Why not? People still played Halo 2 towards the end of Halo 3, some people may not like Halo 4 who currently play Halo 3, so they'll stick with 3, like I have since Reach was released.

Im holding out and hoping they upload the thing officially in HD..or a Forge BTS video/trailer.

I literally just cancelled my pre-order.

Really...? I mean, I know that Forge in Halo 4 wasn't jaw dropping, but come on man.

You would. hahaha

But really, I don't see what 343 is doing with this lobby.
Halo 2:
959261-270952608_large.jpg

Halo 3:
1180503848.jpg

ODST:
lobby.jpg

Halo: Reach
Halo-Reach----Personalize-Your-Game-Lobby-Nameplates.jpg

And now this?
B2RPu.png

Halo 2 pioneered a great console party/lobby system and now you are going to completely change one of the most iconic UIs ever?

This new UI looks like waypoint, which is not a good thing.

Also, sorry for all of different sizes and variations in quality of the images. They were the best I could find quickly.

I agree that the new one seems really off, and the old layout was perfect in so many ways.. Hell, looking at that I realize how slicks ODSTs was, wow. Anyways, with the Halo 4 layout I hope they change it so the names are not on their sides and that the 'player cards' or not covering each other up as much. Maybe something closer to the ODST style, but on the bottom like what they have for Halo 4. Also, no need for the Gametype, etc to be so big except for what Map/mode we are playing on. Give us more room for the player stuff.

IHaveIce

Banned
Did they say Xbox exclusive?

I only asked about microsoft and they said wait
Da Microsoft dieses Jahr keinen eigenen Stand an der Gamescom hat, so darf sich die Community dennoch auf Xbox 360 Spiele und die großen Xbox 360 Exklusiv Titel von den zahlreichen Microsoft Partnern auf der gamescom freuen.

I mean I'm also confused, I have my tickets already, but it would be nice to know if I should rush into the halls to play Halo 4

:lol

Pretty much anyone who is posting here is guarranteed to pick it up, even if it was a reskinned version of Barbie Horse Adventures.

Not me,still trying to find something that i like. Closes thing is spartan laser and br but that are small things.

WHAT YOU SAYING

OKAY GUYS I'VE CALMED DOWN NOW AND 4GE STILL LOOKS GRAY, WHATS GOING ON

You have seen 1 of the 3 environment and everything forged was textured white and or neutral pale colours to gel with the pallet of that environment. I get you're pissed i feel like that to, to some degree. But how about you wait it out till you see the other 2 environments before making your final rage filled death treats to fronkulz and duvad

Also the names. Sideways down the screen. Why. I'm having conniption fits over here.

Yup fuck that i hate sideways writing it ALWAYS looks shitty

zap

Wow, seeing the prior games' evolution of the UI, makes H4's look even worse. I wasn't sure that was possible.

Overdoziz

Banned
Really...? I mean, I know that Forge in Halo 4 wasn't jaw dropping, but come on man.
I was ready to be blown away by Forge. What they've shown so far has been really disappointing. The biggest complaint was the fact that every Reach Forge map looked the same and they show us more grey and no new ways to make maps look better? Yeah, I'm not convinced.

Akai__

I only asked about microsoft and they said wait

I mean I'm also confused, I have my tickets already, but it would be nice to know if I should rush into the halls to play Halo 4

According to this, it means that Halo 4 will be there, but I really doubt it. There are no other big Xbox 360 exclusives this year, aren't there?

The new UI isn't bad, but I don't like it as much as the old one. I do hope they put player names above the Spartans so you can read them easier, that's one thing I really do not like.

I was ready to be blown away by Forge. What they've shown so far has been really disappointing. The biggest complaint was the fact that every Reach Forge map looked the same and they show us more grey and no new ways to make maps look better? Yeah, I'm not convinced.

Its not all grey i think the stream kind of showed the stuff in its worse light but definitely large sections of colour variation on each item.

And lighting will hopefully play a huge part in how a map looks

Overdoziz

Banned
by forge? really?

hBxwA.gif
Well there hasn't been anything else that has blown me away so yeah. I like Forge and I hoped they would actually improve it a lot.
Its not all grey i think the stream kind of showed the stuff in its worse light but definitely large sections of colour variation on each item.

And lighting will hopefully play a huge part in how a map looks
It's the same grey object with some white parts. The lighting definitely makes it better but that's only thing I liked from what they've shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom