• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now this?
B2RPu.png

I will say this: I love the Halo and the planet in the background. That looks so great. More of that please. Better yet: Can I download that as desktop wallpaper?

Overdoziz

Banned
Its not a logical extension its a logical evolution It would push forge beyond what it currently is into a full on map maker. It currently sits in the middle void between editor and maker.

Its batshit insane because its not as simple as flicking a switch its going to require a huge time investment and likely a engine rework to get something like that up and running and considering the wealth of content within Halo 4 its out of the realms of reasonable expectations.

Halo 5 i can see it but it was never something i was under the illusion would be included in Halo 4.
Either make Forge a proper map creator or don't put a hundred Forge maps into Matchmaking. If I have to play Forge maps over half the time in Halo 4 I will strangle two puppies.

Either make Forge a proper map creator or don't put a hundred Forge maps into Matchmaking. If I have to play Forge maps over half the time in Halo 4 I will strangle two puppies.

I agree id love Halo 4 to limit the forge maps to only Amazing maps. Halo:Reach is a grey mess as it currently stands

Forge dynamic lighting looked cool as fuck but why show the grey one man? The map also looked smalller than forge world, there's slmost no flat terrain in there.

If forge is gonna suck which I don't really care one way or the other at least don't include the maps in anything outside of community oriented game lists. Thanks.

Homeboyd

Fourge casualties so far:

• Gabo's testicles
  • KyleJ (window - suicide)
  • 2 innocent puppies

:(

Also, the terrain didn't look the friendliest to forge an original vision on. Bumps and hills. Others have said it, they should stick to large flat surfaces.

Remember when Bungie unveiled Forge World and we got dragons spitting fire kill balls, crazy inverted Inception maps and remakes of Lockout and Wizard? That's how 343 should have shown us Forge.

Tawpgun

How is expecting terrain editing 'batshit insane'? It's a logical extension.

Lol at bold. Wtf.

Of a map maker. Forge has ALWAYS been a map editor. It's also a different engine, no one except Bungie or 343 know how big a toll it would take.

I never once thought forge would have a terrain editor because they aren't very precise. Halo maps require precision or else its just LOL LOOK MOUNTAINS. LOL LOOK A HOLE.

I'm gonna make the argument that most of the features, for MP maps, only serve to make it EASIER to forge. However, the dynamic lighting alone is going to be HUGE for MP maps for orientation and aesthetic purposes. Different forge environments is gonna help a bunch too.

Overdoziz

Banned
Forge dynamic lighting looked cool as fuck but why show the grey one man? The map also looked smalller than forge world, there's slmost no flat terrain in there.
Give us an empty flat box with a nice background already. That would be ten times more useful than Forge World geometry that has all kinds of useless hills that get in the way of creating maps.

Plate first game in Haven. Map darkness is NOT a problem.

Elzar, you're ginna love the Carbine.

Sound is fucking incredible, my initial fears wet for naught. The Plasma Pistol, o my fucking god

Vire

Plate first game in Haven. Map darkness is NOT a problem.

Elzar, you're ginna love the Carbine.

Sound is fucking incredible, my initial fears wet for naught. The Plasma Pistol, o my fucking god

You mean Adrift?

Cool impressions anyway.

Also, the terrain didn't look the friendliest to forge an original vision on. Bumps and hills. Others have said it, they should stick to large flat surfaces.

Remember when Bungie unveiled Forge World and we got dragons spitting fire kill balls, crazy inverted Inception maps and remakes of Lockout and Wizard? That's how 343 should have shown us Forge.

343 actually showing off something to make it look really good?

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahaha

Give us an empty flat box with a nice background already. That would be ten times more useful than Forge World geometry that has all kinds of useless hills that get in the way of creating maps.
I'm still worried about all maps looking the same, despite having three different enviroments you'll be still facing Reach's same problem which is generic human map #1, generic forerunner map # 17...

Different daytimes for each map would be great but that won't be happening, even with Reach's night FX you can't even see shit, sure it looks like a night map but it'll also kill your framerate.

Kuroyume

Banned
That customs games/matchmaking ui looks like complete poop. Metro style steaming poop. Looking at the screen Awesome Barlow posted I have to say H2 did it best. Especially with all the game info laid out cleanly. Don't have to click through various menus to get all the info. I'm willing to reserve judgment on a lot of stuff for this game but I'm having a hard time swallowing how this is better. You shouldn't have to click/scroll through various cards/menus to see game settings and the people you're playing with.

Just follow H2. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.

blamite

What Halo 4 needs is a Forge space similar to Sandbox. That flat plane and varied dunes really allowed for some cool stuff that couldn't be done in Forge World.

Yeah, I meant Adrift. Only played Regicide so far. BR is great, will totally be the utility weapon of better people than I. Tried the sticky pistol once so far; no one fell for it before it went off on own.

This game looks frakking amazing. Tunavi said he saw a framerate issue, but watching and playing, I don't see any.

Frankie is short, but extremely awesome.

m23

you guys are all loser who take gaming too serious. you need to chill out and play some nhl12 or buy nhl13 when it comes out. you should also logout when your not on this website or someone could say something you dont want to hear.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just got done hanging out with my friend, so now I can get to what's really important: HALO NEWS.

Anything cool come out of the MP thing a few hours ago? I saw someone posted two videos, but is there anything else?

you guys are all loser who take gaming too serious. you need to chill out and play some nhl12 or buy nhl13 when it comes out. you should also logout when your not on this website or someone could say something you dont want to hear.
Oh snap, hax'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom