• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are going to show you a rank, but only you can can see, I think it's probable that there will be no Ranked/Social playlists. Every playlist will give you a rank.

That... would be a decent compromise. I like the idea. Trueskill would have to be fairly tight for it to be workable though.

GG's earlier

This Halo 4 stream is just hog gameplay. What I did see of the DMR was beautiful. The good gameplay we've seen on this map has me more hyped for the game than anything we've seen previously (maybe because the players weren't abusing armour abilities). The BR still makes no sense as a 5 shot kill.

Vire

Last Pics: :(

Now with less offensive armor!
49NZu.jpg

t4FCB.jpg

7xGf5.png

HedFN.png

431Pd.png

daedalius

That... would be a decent compromise. I like the idea. Trueskill would have to be fairly tight for it to be workable though.

GG's earlier

This Halo 4 stream is just hog gameplay. What I did see of the DMR was beautiful. The good gameplay we've seen on this map has me more hyped for the game than anything we've seen previously (maybe because the players weren't abusing armour abilities). The BR still makes no sense as a 5 shot kill.

Ellis said its already been changed.

I like the idea of a hidden rating; worked well in Arena World of Warcraft.

I hope they change the rockets. Everything about about them in these Halo 4 vids just seems so...underwhelming.

I disagree, i love the big rocket trails much better for finding out the location of the person who shot them and makes them much more visible.

Streams were good. Frank what percentage would you say the maps in the E3 build are towards being finished? Any changes based on player and internet feedback to them?

Ellis said its already been changed.

I like the idea of a hidden rating; worked well in Arena World of Warcraft.

Right, and I mean, if you can see it like the guy said Frank said you can still brag to your friends "oh I got to such and such in this playlist", I don't care if randoms know my rank or not, I just care that I know it (and get skillful matches which a numbered system helps this as shown by Reach's lack of one[arenawasgarb.gif]) and it's fun to have my buddies know it and compare with them too.

It's essentially Halotracker implemented into H4?

As long as there's a skillful ranking system that gives me something to work toward (not the progression system), I'll be extremely satisfied.

sorry if old.

Oh, you.

The thing I noticed in most non MLG videos is that AA's are rarely used by the players. You see a lot of players sprinting but the boosterpack, hologram and hardlight shield are barely used at all. (Dunno about promethean vision since it's hard to see when other people use it.)

I wonder how much the gameplay will change up once AA's are used as much as they're used in Reach currently.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Thanks, I was just about to ask for this. I just got by from my grandfather's who I just found out is basically on his death bed. I've seen plenty of people die, but this was just "weird" I don't see him making it more than a few weeks, he's pretty bad off.

Anyway, sob story short. I appreciate it bud.

CyReN

Thanks, I was just about to ask for this. I just got by from my grandfather's who I just found out is basically on his death bed. I've seen plenty of people die, but this was just "weird" I don't see him making it more than a few weeks, he's pretty bad off.

Sorry to hear man, need anything hit me up you got my twitter.

So when do we get information about the ranking system...? I want to know whether to pre-order or not...

According to a guy at Halocouncil who apparently talked to Frankie at RTX:

shzlss @ HaloCouncil said:
Just talked to frank about a ranking system and he said we'll see something before the release date and the ranking system they'll have won't be visible to other players. It should be visible to you, but only you. He said that they are trying to prevent cheating but still have a ranking system to find matches but the bragging rights because it promotes more cheating

Link

TheOddOne

Sad to hear this :(

Condolences.

Terrible position to be in, sorry to hear it.

It's ok, I preordered 2 LE editions. This is the last time I pick up your slack, diq.

I ended up with 3 H3 CE's on launch day, ha!

Havok

Stage games were nice. I mean that in every sense of the word. They showed me that the game's action is solid. What I really want to see, though, is a match that isn't nice, where people play like the assholes they'll be a month out of release online when they care about winning. I want to see whether a DMR/PP/Sticky loadout is as ridiculous as it seems like it would be on paper, stuff like that.

Bravo up on stage making proclamations like "this is arguably the most balanced Halo multiplayer ever" when we haven't seen what the game is like in a real environment just makes me laugh. I mean, yeah, I get that he's a hype man, but it's hard to take it seriously.

Akai__

I'm sorry for you, dude. I hope you can handle it. :(

My Grandfather passed by 3 years ago, he could have lived, but he didn't want to go to a surgery... I never met my other Grandfather, because he was killed in the croatian-serbian war, but I have the same name, as a reminder.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Stage games were nice. I mean that in every sense of the word. They showed me that the game's action is solid. What I really want to see, though, is a match that isn't nice, where people play like the assholes they'll be a month out of release online when they care about winning. I want to see whether a DMR/PP/Sticky loadout is as ridiculous as it seems like it would be on paper, stuff like that.

This x10000. That's why I wanted a beta. Although I understand that it just isn't feasible, so it's okay.

daedalius

He didn't say it was a 4 shot though did he? As far as I know he just said the damage of all the weapons had changed from the E3 build. That could mean the Carbine got nerfed for all we know.

I doubt he is going to state anything definitive about weapon balance when they are still a few months out. I'm sure they are still tweaking a number of things balance-wise at this point.

senador

Banned
kittens had an emergency earlier and its not looking like he'll make it. There's still time, but I haven't heard from him. May have to do 3v3.

Edit: Nevermind, he just signed on!!

IHaveIce

Banned

yep, I agree this is the stuff I'm scared about. Hope playstyles like this get somehow tested, this was the perfect reason for a beta

I doubt he is going to state anything definitive about weapon balance when they are still a few months out. I'm sure they are still tweaking a number of things balance-wise at this point.

Exactly, that's why I don't think we're getting all the definitive answers we're asking at this point. It's still extremely subject to change and they don't want to disappoint an audience that gets excited about one minor thing then they have to go and change it in favor of balance/time/whatever.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
yep, I agree this is the stuff I'm scared about. Hope playstyles like this get somehow tested, this was the perfect reason for a beta

Beta would also be useful as a stress test for servers don't want to have any issues on day 1 getting into matches, they won't know until over a million people are online at the same time.

Akai__

still a better love story than twilightJ10.

It is, isn't it?

One a more serious and Halo 4 related note.
Why are there a 1st person and a 3rd person view when using the thrusters? Has somebody explained this already?

I saw a gif earlier today with 3rd person, but I saw gameplay today, too, with a 1st person view...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom