• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computron

Fourge pls

J04_1.jpg

You want a noise modifier?

Rockets are boring weapons to use and in Reach ridiculously powerful, boring + easy doesn't make me want to use them, but leaving them for the enemy just means they will get cheap kills on me, I dislike rockets all round. Nades in Reach are also just too brute force, I kind of liked it when placement mattered and when bouncing a nade just right was an artform, made them a lot more fun to use, and if one hit you it didnt feel cheap. Unlike in Reach.

Reach's Rockets/nades are the perfect strength for a faster Halo like 2. How many times have you thrown nades into people to have it do like NO damage from like 3 feet away? I'm sure there were lots.. To me, I think people look at the Reach Rockets through clouded eyes much like people hating the DMR because of Reach's bloom.

DMR without vanilla bloom in a faster game = Halo 4
Rockets that are powerful but not as frustrating as Halo 1 Rockets = slow, heavy Reach (can't dodge)
Grenades that are more consistent and powerful as the golden triangle of Halo but not nukes like Halo 1 and not meatballs like Halo 2/3 = slow, heavy Reach (can't dodge)

Im thinking its to balance anit-vehicle gameplay.. With weapons like the Railgun and Spartan Laser available, as well as weapon drops Im sure tweaks had to be made. Maybe they also are considering lock on? One way or another, whether it is slower and weaker, it needs a visual change judging by the videos.. it looks boring to shoot.

Very good points and I actually agree. Not bad, not bad. Still though, bigger maps with weaker nades? idk.....

Impersonating other members is frowned upon.

Ok now I'm lost.. lol

DMR looks so, so good.

Longbow is easily the best map shown so far. I can't get over how much I want to play it.

DMR looks great. Hunting sessions with that thing are going to be ruthless.

lol RT blows at the game.

wait. Splazer in personal ordinance?
According to Biggy, the personal ordnance is tiered, you get better weapons and powerups in the drops the 2nd and 3rd time you get an ordnance drop in the game.

FyreWulff

I wonder also if PTVs can be labeled to be gametype specific, or spawned in later. Imagine a phased game where you blow up a door and suddenly everything starts getting pushed towards the opening (impulse volume) and low grav (PTV).

That'd be neat.

Woorloog

Banned
I still think it looks like something out of Borderlands.

Seems too low-tech.

I don't mind the low tech look, i don't like its color (should be gray-black, not gray-brown) and the small display is too small.
EDIT nevermind that display part. Color... now that's the question. Need a high quality image of it, in motion preferrably.

daedalius

DMR looks amazing, definitely reminds me of the ZB one currently in Reach, maybe slightly slower.

Still will be using the BR tho.

Reach's Rockets/nades are the perfect strength for a faster Halo like 2. How many times have you thrown nades into people to have it do like NO damage from like 3 feet away? I'm sure there were lots.. To me, I think people look at the Reach Rockets through clouded eyes much like people hating the DMR because of Reach's bloom.

If the nade wasn't like right on top of someone it wouldn't do anything, but that's partly why I loved them, they where literally the perfect tool to strip shields for a headshot or finish off an injured dude, you couldnt get easy kills with them. It felt good when you bounced them into the right spot, a well placed nade was an artform, Halo 4 might be a fast paced game, but that doesnt mean the nades need to be nukes, I would still prefer if they where slightly weak.

Im not looking at Reach rockets through clouded eyes, even with a faster movement speed the splash damage would be crazy, you should have to be precise with the things. I switch between H3 and Reach a lot, and I think H3 has a faster movement speed than Reach, and I prefer how the rockets in that game are weaker.

Halo 4 looks pretty fun, im guessing BTB will be good. Im still not convinced I like how it looks as a more competitive game, but im sure I will enjoy stuff like Infinity Slayer as a more casual game, which im kind of cool with.

i wish people actually picked up new weapons that we have yet to see...no one picked up the laser in the initial drop, and then whoever had it in the ordnance didn't select it.

GRAB THE DAMN LASER PEOPLE

Fuchsdh

well my team, team JohnCha Beat team Computron. after finally getting the games going after getting an alt for computrons team, and doing 3v3.

Game 1
Game 2
Game 3 (just for fun)

don't know if this works, but heres my file share. its got game 2 and 3 on it, i didn't play game 1 but swapped in for game 2.

Fileshare

No doubt if I had been there Comp's team would have ridden to victory... :p

Sorry I forced alt shenanigans but I'm glad you guys got to play.

Loser's bracket, here we come?

Fracas

#fuckonami
When we played neutral bomb, the second loadout was camo instead of hologram. I thought it was just sprint/hologram or is it changed for assault?

Aw dammit, I fixed it when I downloaded the TU Neutral Bomb gametype, but I guess I uploaded the wrong version?

Eh, oh well, just go with it. Not much of a difference. Don't think you guys will abuse it.

Aw dammit, I fixed it when I downloaded the TU Neutral Bomb gametype, but I guess I uploaded the wrong version?

Eh, oh well, just go with it. Not much of a difference. Don't think you guys will abuse it.

lol, actually... i got invis sniped, and invis sworded a few times. was kinda annoying.

Holy crap, that 'hog just got LAUNCHED.

Is Longbow symmetrical? The overhead view makes it look like it, but I don't think so...

Edit: Wait, nevermind, it is. I hadn't seen blue team's base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom