• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stockpile still has AR/Pistol starts. Its an older version of objective gametype from when objective wasn't DMR/AR yet. Its an embarrasing oversight. Think there might be one more gametype too somewhere in the playlist. Maybe Hill or Crazy King Countdown?

That gametype you're thinking of is Classic Flag. It might be an interesting gametype (touch return, flag-at-home to score) except because it's "classic", it has to have AR/magnum starts.

GG MM team.

Aggrotek

That gametype you're thinking of is Classic Flag. It might be an interesting gametype (touch return, flag-at-home to score) except because it's "classic", it has to have AR/magnum starts.

GG MM team.

Which is odd, considering Classic Flag in H3 has BR starts...

Blissful

Neo Member
inMBf3027H6I7.png

Balls.

Gatta love that invisible ranking system :)

Overdoziz

Banned
The Objective playlist really should only have 2-flag, 1-flag, Neutral Bomb, 1-Bomb, Oddball and King of the Hill. That's it, no other garbage. Also, block off the space area of Zealot already. Playing objective gametypes on Zealot plays horribly with it still accessible. While you're at it make it so the KotH does not have random hills. I really don't know why Bungie has such a hard-on for random bullshit.

Noricart

This video pretty much talks about the problems with CTF and objective general. Honestly, major consolidation is needed at launch, and it needs to stay that way for quite awhile.

In the time it takes you to get into a match in Arena you can finish about 5 Team Objective matches.
Even after a leader with better connection is switched or split-up and rejoin the team after searching, making the process to find a match abit easier but not always. Hopefully, if there is a new separate ranking playlist in Halo 4, the preferences (in general) and finding players to match-up with or against like The Arena, is refined.

I dunno what Arena was doing this season but the first day the four games we went in MM placed us with Onyx teams every game. We won them all so it should just give us Onyx at that point since were better. Ya know?

But really we should have #'s like 1-50 Cause really whats Onyx? a 45 maybe?!

Havok

This video pretty much talks about the problems with CTF and objective general. Honestly, major consolidation is needed at launch, and it needs to stay that way for quite awhile.
That video starts nicely with the consolidation point making a good impression, but as soon as he started talking about how Multi Flag is too complicated and confuses players because they can't figure out when to push and attack and when to defend, I checked out. He goes on to say some smart stuff (a lot of which has been talked about to death here), but boy, that was silly.

Noricart

That video starts nicely, with the consolidation point making a good impression, but as soon as he started talking about how Multi Flag is too complicated and confuses players because they can't figure out when to push and attack and when to defend, I checked out. He goes on to say some smart stuff, but boy, that was silly.

Yeah, don't see anything complicated with multi-flag at all the tug of war aspect might be odd to newbies, but it isn't that complicated.

That video starts nicely, with the consolidation point making a good impression, but as soon as he started talking about how Multi Flag is too complicated and confuses players because they can't figure out when to push and attack and when to defend, I checked out. He goes on to say some smart stuff (a lot of which has been talked about to death here), but boy, that was silly.

"The problem of not really knowing whether to attack or defend"

You can't make this shit up.

Off-Topic related:

Oh Yeah. I know I am not part of WolfGAF. But it was confirmed in Hangover 3 that the Wolfpact is heading to Tijuana.

I told all my buddies last year (before any confirmation) this was the Only place for the Wolfpact to be in the next sequel. Ha!

Don't forget 3 Flag. And Speedflag. Not multi-flag but we also have the always terrible Neutral Flag. What a fucking mess.
Ah yes. You could classify 3 flag and neutral as their own thing, but Speedflag is definitely a multi-flag variant. So there is 5 multi-flag gametypes in that playlist.
The Objective playlist really should only have 2-flag, 1-flag, Neutral Bomb, 1-Bomb, Oddball and King of the Hill. That's it, no other garbage. Also, block off the space area of Zealot already. Playing objective gametypes on Zealot plays horribly with it still accessible. While you're at it make it so the KotH does not have random hills. I really don't know why Bungie has such a hard-on for random bullshit.

Agreed.
LET ME CHOOSE MY GAME TYPE! Not vote for mix of game modes in matchmaking.

Pretty sure the chances of this are slim to none.

u4iX

LET ME CHOOSE MY GAME TYPE! Not vote for mix of game modes in matchmaking.

ohgodwhy.jpg

I have enough frustration with players voting Hemo Team Snipes and the like... I don't need this frustration in my life.

FFA
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Team Snipers
Team Swat
Big Team Battle

Action Sack
Griffball
Zombies

/done

Then let playlists evolve from there, but ever so slightly.

Overdoziz

Banned
He's not saying people don't understand whether they need to capture or just defend flags, he's saying that players don't know when they should go on the offense for a flag cap or just stay in the back defending their base. I sort of agree with him. I mean, if you have a flag cap there's not that much incentive to go for another one. Trying to get another cap only puts you at risk if the other team pushing through and capping. This becomes more apparent the more caps you have.

I certainly agree with his points on 1-Flag. Just make it so you can capture multiple flags in a round so people have a reason to push for the flag straight from the beginning. As it is right now 1-Flag is just agonizing.

Having players move at default speed with an objective definitely needs to happen in Halo 4, especially now that everyone has sprint. Either that or flag juggling should always be on. I doubt 343 will go down that road as it's not exactly newcomer friendly.

Noricart

ohgodwhy.jpg

I have enough frustration with players voting Hemo Team Snipes and the like... I don't need this frustration in my life.

FFA
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Team Snipers
Team Swat

Big Team Battle

Action Sack
Griffball
Zombies

/done

Honestly those playlists are only going to sap away from the others. Bring back DBL EXP weekends or some form of it and put them in there, then slowly bring them into matchmaking.

Portugeezer

ohgodwhy.jpg

/shitlist

There is a problem there, all objective modes thrown into one. Sucks dick.

I want to choose specific Objective mode, thanks in advance 343.

ohgodwhy.jpg

FFA
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Team Snipers
Team Swat
Big Team Battle

Action Sack
Griffball
Zombies

/done

Pls let this happen, and I wouldn't even mind if a few of those were "weekend playlists" or something similar to that.
He's not saying people don't understand whether they need to capture or just defend flags, he's saying that players don't know when they should go on the offense for a flag cap or just stay in the back defending their base. I sort of agree with him. I mean, if you have a flag cap there's not that much incentive to go for another one. Trying to get another cap only puts you at risk if the other team pushing through and capping. This becomes more apparent the more caps you have.

I certainly agree with his points on 1-Flag. Just make it so you can capture multiple flags in a round so people have a reason to push for the flag straight from the beginning. As it is right now 1-Flag is just agonizing.

Having players move at default speed with an objective definitely needs to happen in Halo 4, especially now that everyone has sprint. Either that or flag juggling should always be on. I doubt 343 will go down that road as it's not exactly newcomer friendly.

Yeah 1-Flag and 1-Bomb really need to go to two-timed rounds with unlimited scores. The four-round system is terribly dull and induces mass quitting almost every time.

u4iX

Honestly those playlists are only going to sap away from the others. Bring back DBL EXP weekends or some form of it and put them in there, then slowly bring them into matchmaking.

Perhaps going the route of GoW3 with certain special playlists being added during different weekends would be good, with the added EXP bonus. I would like this.

Also, there could be an "MLG," or whatever league is holding a tournament, playlist on the weekend and week before the event, as opposed to a constant MM hopper.

BigShow36

ohgodwhy.jpg

FFA
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Team Snipers
Team Swat
Big Team Battle

Action Sack
Griffball
Zombies

/done

I have the feeling I'm going to NEED at least a Team Slayer Hardcore with no radar and no AA's. I really don't think I'm going to want to play Team ProVision, radar on, etc. for very long.

u4iX

There is a problem there, all objective modes thrown into one. Sucks dick.

I want to choose specific Objective mode, thanks in advance 343.

Team Objective

Map 1 - CTF
Map 2 - Oddball
Map 3 - King of the Hill
Veto

If vetoed:

Map 4 - CTF
Map 5 - Oddball
Map 6 - King of the Hill

Dunno what the problem with that would be.

I have the feeling I'm going to NEED at least a Team Slayer Hardcore with no radar and no AA's. I really don't think I'm going to want to play Team ProVision, radar on, etc. for very long.

"Core" Hoppers
FFA
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Team Hardcore
Big Team Battle

"Weekend Bonus" Hoppers
Action Sack
Griffball
Zombies
Team Snipers
Team Swat
MLG, IPL, etc

Weekend hoppers could appear two at a time to add some spices and flavor to your KFC original recipe.

Noricart

You know what would be nice? Instead of dividing playlists into social and ranked, give the ability to toggle between social and ranked. (Specific playlists of course.)

Blissful

Neo Member
FFA
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Team Snipers
Team Swat
Big Team Battle

Action Sack
Griffball
Zombies

/done

Forgot Team Doubles.

I still want to see them bring a split in ranked / social playlists though. Helps me avoid playing guests and casual players.

u4iX

You know what would be nice? Instead of dividing playlists into social and ranked, give the ability to toggle between social and ranked. (Specific) playlists of course.

Have the option to show/hide rank instead.

Match parties with guests up with other parties with guests.

Forgot Team Doubles. Still want them to bring a split in ranked / social playlists though

"Core" Hoppers
FFA
Team Doubles
Team Slayer
Team Objective
Team Hardcore
Big Team Battle

"Weekend Bonus" Hoppers
Action Sack
Griffball
Zombies
Team Snipers
Team Swat
MLG, IPL, etc

the first option will be CTF/Oddball, the second will be Koth/Assault, and third will be wacky variety crazy randomness. Team Fiesta Headhunter or some shit. Which will win out.

Portugeezer

Team Objective

Map 1 - CTF
Map 2 - Oddball
Map 3 - King of the Hill
Veto

If vetoed:

Map 4 - CTF
Map 5 - Oddball
Map 6 - King of the Hill

Dunno what the problem with that would be.

CTF is not the same as King of the Hill, that's the problem. I don't care about voting for maps, but each objective mode is different and if I want to play CTF it's fucking roulette instead of a straight forward selection of CTF.

Then sometimes even if I want to play CTF the map could be shit but damn nothing you can do.

This is why I stop playing Halo every time, why put up with this when I can go on COD or BF and play game modes I like?

Karl2177

You really need to just say this before leaving the party that way you don't have to have a really really useless post on the forums. Unless of course you wanna tell a MM story of said "GG's"

:) I see how you're getting your #1 poster status.

Not nearly as useless as you complaining about it(and subsequently me complaining about you complaining). And really, does someone getting the most posts in a thread annoy you?

Forgot Team Doubles.

I still want to see them bring a split in ranked / social playlists though. Helps me avoid playing guests and casual players.

I don't really see the point of a Doubles playlist at launch considering that Adrift and Haven are the smaller maps in the game. Perhaps down the road when more maps are available and specific doubles *shudders* forge maps have been made.

Also, about Ranked/Social split. It appears we are getting a "you can only see it" ranked system or none at all, so I don't see the point to a split, just ads needless fragmentation to the game. If that is indeed the ranking system that ends up in the final game, all playlists can be "ranked".

u4iX

CTF is not the same as King of the Hill, that's the problem. I don't care about voting for maps, but each objective mode is different and if I want to play CTF it's fucking roulette instead of a straight forward selection of CTF.

Then sometimes even if I want to play CTF the map could be shit but damn nothing you can do.

This is why I stop playing Halo every time, why put up with this when I can go on COD or BF and play game modes I like?

I might nick name you "Hanging Chad."

I hope your real name is Chad.

New playlist ideas:

Team Hold Things (Oddball, KotH)
Team Deliver Things (CTF, Assault)

EVERYTHING I DO
I DO IT FOR YOU

To the people saying people in matchmaking know when to go on offense or defense in CTF: No they absolutely do not. I don't know how many times kids on my team have rushed and pulled the flag and immediately died when the other team was entirely up, or would sit in our base when the other team was four down.

And if that's not what he meant in the video, I apologize, I can't see it at work so that's what I got out of people responding to it.

The thing is, it's 5% of the current, ranked arena population. Because arena failed so spectacularly at the start of reach's lifetime, it may be debateable where the prestige of high skill starts in the ranked stratification.
Still carries more meaning than a 50. You couldn't even lose a 50 if you stopped playing. And again, what is a 50? What is a 43? Percentile placements are much more meaningful.

What would really be neat is if the ranking system reflected your ranking AND trueskill confidence. That way people would try to bolster their rank and confidence by playing more ranked games.

u4iX

Okay, so I'm totally for not dividing up the Team Objective playlist. So, here's how I would structure it.

Reduce vote time to 3 seconds, allow for 3 rounds of voting and 2 vetos.

Round 1
Map 1 - Oddball
Map 2 - Oddball
Map 2 - CTF
Veto

Round 2
Map 2 - KotH
Map 3 - KotH
Map 3 - CTF
Veto

Round 3
Map 3 - Assualt
Map 4 - Assault
Map 4 - CTF

So now you know the next gametype coming up (always going Oddball -> KotH -> Assault), and you always know at least one map with the new gametype you'll be playing. So if you have Map 2 with CTF and Oddball, but you'd rather play KotH on it, you know that's up next.

Enfinit

Okay, so I'm totally for not dividing up the Team Objective playlist. So, here's how I would structure it.

Reduce vote time to 3 seconds, allow for 3 rounds of voting and 2 vetos.

Round 1
Map 1 - CTF
Map 1 - Oddball
Map 2 - Oddball
Veto

Round 2
Map 3 - CTF
Map 3 - KotH
Map 4 - KotH
Veto

Round 3
Map 5 - Assualt
Map 5 - Assault
Map 6 - CTF

The playlist would ALWAYS follow this order. That way, you can predict not only the map you'd be playing next, but the gametype on the map you'd be playing next, followed up by a CTF on a new map.
Will the Assault/CTF/KotH gametypes vary, or will they stick to the pure gametype (i.e. Crazy King, Neutral Flag vs. 2-Flag, 1-Bomb, etc.)?

BigShow36

Playlist - Round 1 Voting (Round 2 Voting)

Team Flag - CTF, CTF, One Flag (CTF, One Flag, Multi Flag)
Team Territory - KotH, KotH, Domination (KotH, Domination, Territories)
Team Balls - Oddball, Oddball, Assault (Oddball, Assault, Assault)

Big Team Battle
Team Slayer
Team Doubles
Head to Head

Team Slayer Hardcore

Community Rotation/Weekend - Grifball/Zombies/Race

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom