• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen it yet, but are you speaking specifically about the film? I ask because, in the comics, Parker was always a scientific genius in high school and early college; he just took pictures of Spiderman to pay the bills.
I am not trying to spoil the film but you will not notice it in the film. He is more the little shy skater/geek guy who's average at school. Until a specific moment in the movie. That's the impression I got.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I really liked Spiderman. My expectations were low because of the trailer and I just sat back and enjoyed the ride. Very funny movie too.

And for those interested, if you sign up for Sideshow Collectibles newsletter on the Mark V Statue page you receive $10 in credit towards a purchase. Not sure if it is a one off thing or not, but the email said "New Member Discount". I'm going to use it towards the Mark V when the start taking pre-orders, well, if it is under $100. Its probably not.

EDIT: They also have some other Halo figures for purchase now.
Expect $300-$400.

H4 needs to have anti-griefing measures. I was surprised Reach and 3 didn't start trying to fix that issue. It should have been apparent that it would be needed the first time someone threw a bomb in an out of bounds area in H2.
H4 needs to have a matchmaking team that's on point and fixes shit as soon as it becomes a problem, none of this once a month bullshit. Yes, I'm expecting PC game levels of management and attention. No, I'm not asking too much.

If no one's exploiting them, it's not even a problem.
What planet do you live on?

I haven't seen Spiderman yet because I think it's too early for a reboot and I don't feel like getting invested in another trilogy just yet. That's not to say the film is bad or anything – I may like it if/when I see it on DVD or something – just that I don't feel like spending ten dollars to go see it in a movie theater.

Louis Wu

Yes but more importantly they need to fix their spawning system. A team repeatedly spawning in one area of the map so your team can all go there and kill them over and over is not just us griefing but a basic system failing to work.

The Zealot issue would literally take 20 minutes to fix. Then of course the time it takes to get into MM but still. Someone should be on this shit making fixes to things that are obviously broken. Nothings being done we are continuously able to do this to groups making it so not fun for them. Their game is being devalued by shit like this. I can see why kids go play CoD.
20 minutes? Remove the Flag-is-away spawn zone below flag spawn, and the problem is solved. Move two of the 5 spawn points a few feet, to behind the wall that separates that area from the middle (or next to it), and the problem is solved. Add 2 more spawnpoints in that zone that aren't directly underneath the flag, and the problem is solved. (The first solution causes new problems of its own - the second and third shouldn't.)

Expect $300-$400.

sDnJ4.jpg

stephen08

H4 needs to have a matchmaking team that's on point and fixes shit as soon as it becomes a problem, none of this once a month bullshit. Yes, I'm expecting PC game levels of management and attention. No, I'm not asking too much.

With a title as big as Halo you would think there would be at least 1 person whose full time job is ensuring matchmaking issues dealt with as soon as they become apparent. That being said, these flaws aren't the core problem as I said before.

Fuchsdh

There's no way to stop griefing though, beyond gameplay fixes that enable better valid games (like Zealot). Griefers will find a way.

Anyone here seen the TF2 Griefers who trap their teams in spawn rooms unless they answer trivia questions?

There's no way to stop griefing though, beyond gameplay fixes that enable better valid games (like Zealot). Griefers will find a way.

Anyone here seen the TF2 Griefers who trap their teams in spawn rooms unless they answer trivia questions?
lol I need to watch that.

Akai__

I for one am too proud. You want the win, finish the game, plain and simple.

Even if you wouldn't care about your K/D I wouldn't understand this. People are mainly playing to have fun, at least the casuals. How is being in a spawntrap fun? (No offense to you guys, it was just hilarious)

If we did that every match would be over within a minute.

Seriously. Games that are over before everyone on your team even gets a kill are the best /s

Both, probably true.

I've been on the receiving end of that Zealot spawn trap against Formal and Heinz... not a fun situation. At least they just 5 capped and moved on. Game didn't even last 3 minutes.

You played against pro players. They have only one goal, win the match.

Seriously. Games that are over before everyone on your team even gets a kill are the best /s
Going into an Arena match. Opposing team realizes your team is all Onyx. They leave less than a minute. So Good.

I think an Arena type of playlist will make a return in Halo 4, but a better ranking system. No problem with this at all.

Aggrotek

In the comic Peter Parker is like a science major in college though right?

What made you think Peter was "average" at school hyper? (jw)

Some of the universes he is still in High school but either way he is always really prone to science and photography. Never felt out of place in the new movie to me.

Absolutely not asking for too much. They should be looking at each individual gametype watching how it plays out at different levels and tweaking based on unfavorable outcomes. Is the flag return time too high or too low? Are people getting spawned too in front of or too behind too often? Where is the map control and is this happening from skill or luck?* Is the respawn time too high or too low based on this map and gametype? These simple questions can create a much better user experience.

Stockpile still has AR/Pistol starts. Its an older version of objective gametype from when objective wasn't DMR/AR yet. Its an embarrasing oversight. Think there might be one more gametype too somewhere in the playlist. Maybe Hill or Crazy King Countdown?

Were reaching a place in gaming where putting generic settings over all gametypes/maps aren't good enough.

*Think 1flag powerhouse beta you could get a really nice spawn near flag when defending but the attacking team spawned back by hut/hammer every time. Meaning kills weren't equally punishing per team.

You really need to just say this before leaving the party that way you don't have to have a really really useless post on the forums. Unless of course you wanna tell a MM story of said "GG's"

:) I see how you're getting your #1 poster status.

I love this post. In tears.
You are the exact person I make fun off when I play Halo.
"THEY QUITTIN' OUT NOW

No problem! Glad it tickled ya buddy! Myself, I'm in tears that we have this wonderful voting system in the game and yet the mm algorithm deems it appropriate to offer players the choice between a lowest common denominator map with unbalanced base spawns or a lowest common denominator map with unbalanced base spawns and one grenade and a pistol.

I've completely misinterpreted things and what I just said could be thrown under a bus within minutes.

If this site allowed sigs, this would be yours.

In the comic Peter Parker is like a science major in college though right?

What made you think Peter was "average" at school hyper? (jw)
Putting his head on the desk during class, he is completely disinterested when
he sneaked in the Oscorp's tower
the first time. Nothing screams to me: I am fuckin' interested in science. I have to watch the movie again to explain correctly how he is just average for me.

You really need to just say this before leaving the party that way you don't have to have a really really useless post on the forums. Unless of course you wanna tell a MM story of said "GG's"

:) I see how you're getting your #1 poster status.

You know what, I don't like your tone mister! Screeeeeew you!

Actually, you're pretty much right here, ha ha.

GG Juices. : )

Aggrotek

Putting his head on the desk during class, he is completely disinterested when
he sneaked in the Oscorp's tower
the first time. Nothing screams to me: I am fuckin' interested in science. I have to watch the movie again to explain correctly how he is just average for me.

Spoiler tagged just in case.
Part of the way he acts is due to his apathy. That's why you notice a huge change after uncle ben dies because his entire outlook on life changes. He realizes that he can't go around not caring anymore. This doesn't mean that he isn't good at science, just that he didn't care enough to apply himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom