• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Overdoziz

Banned
a zoojoo
Banned

iIsQdRK540QQk.gif

Pop

Not sure yet but here's the uk info:
  • 4 trips to 343 Industries
  • 40 copies of Halo 4
  • Approximately 140 avatar items to win daily.

Competition will begin on the 24th of September

Flavor: Citrus and Raspberry

via Xiob

tumblr_m8urdg1wLI1ql4nun.gif

Now it gives me a reason to drink soda again. It shall be well worth it.

Myyke

Neo Member
Hmmmmmm.

"appearing offline".

Otherwise known as a "Full Xand" ;).

You guys both on tonight? I gotta play some Halo before I go to the introduction week of my university. Won't be online till September starting from the 21th.

I should be on too.

On the subject of Uni, it was Freshers week in Aberdeen when I was out for the midnight launch of Halo Reach. A drunk Irish student came up to me and my girlfriend while we were waiting outside of GAME and asked if we knew anywhere to get weed, then promptly threw up right in the doorway of the shop. I decided I didn't want to stand next to a pile of puke for half an hour so went home and got Reach the following day lol.

Is that more than one playthrough? I don't remember DS being very long at all.
If not you are really gonna hate the
endgame puzzle and fetch quest

Sucks I have to wait until th 21st until my copy of DS2 is even despatched. Curse timed region releases.

100% completion with no guides

Played 4v4 Halo:CE with family and friends last night. Fuck the Duke. Had to look down at my controller to melee when using that un-ergonomic hunk of plastic.

Still super-fun.

FyreWulff

I have a new, unopened case of Halo 3 Gamer Fuel cans.... What should I do with them?

Well if you want, you can keep it as a collector's item.. it's probably not very drinkable anymore.

You're better off with a can though, because I did the same with a Pepsi Blue since I knew it would bomb and pulled off the market and it kind of looks.. implodey. Learned my lesson with the American Mountain Dew bottle I collected though.

Thanks for the heads up Cyren. Going to be on the hunt.

----

Neogaf only just came back up for me. Been a while.

----

Serious question, do you think Grifball should get it's own playlist? It has a sizeable community to make me think it won't get hidden in Action Sack.

It's already been confirmed that Grifball won't get a playlist in Halo 4.

L1NETT

Not sure yet but here's the uk info:
  • 4 trips to 343 Industries
  • 40 copies of Halo 4
  • Approximately 140 avatar items to win daily.

Competition will begin on the 24th of September

Flavor: Citrus and Raspberry

via Xiob

----

----

Serious question, do you think Grifball should get it's own playlist? It has a sizeable community to make me think it won't get hidden in Action Sack.

----

----

nope. make it a dbl exp weekend
i dont want any custom style, mini games to get full playlists in halo. i want all the playlist to involve shooting (i can tolerate infection if they actually make it a zombie like playlist. make the infected spartans look like flood or something)

Kuroyume

Banned
It should get lumped in Action Sack along with Living Dead and Snipers/SWAT. Or, they could just keep Snipers/Swat in one playlist and Living Dead/Griffball/Race in another. I don't think fans of those modes would mind it.

Blueblur1

It should get lumped in Action Sack along with Living Dead and Snipers/SWAT. Or, they could just keep Snipers/Swat in one playlist and Living Dead/Griffball/Race in another. I don't think fans of those modes would mind it.
Agreed. One off game types shouldnt have their own playlists. Especially that junk.

FyreWulff

I strongly suspect a Action Sack playlist with Grifball and other community variants in it. I also strongly suspect that it won't be named Action Sack.

snipers and swat should stay as seperate playlists.

I would very much mind it if SWAT no longer had its own playlist.

Myyke

Neo Member
snipers and swat should stay as seperate playlists.

I would very much mind it if SWAT no longer had its own playlist.

I would also be most distressed if SWAT didn't have its own playlist.

As someone who has played 745 games of SWAT and 12 games of Team Snipers, I would probably mind.

Fuchsdh

Guys imperiously deciding that Grifball or Infection shouldn't have their own playlists are the guys people use as strawmen for the "competitive" community.

All those playlists have healthy populations. I don't see any reason they should be cut for no tangible gain.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Guys imperiously deciding that Grifball or Infection shouldn't have their own playlists are the guys people use as strawmen for the "competitive" community.

All those playlists have healthy populations. I don't see any reason they should be cut for no tangible gain.
Frankie said here if Grifball is in H4 it would not have its own playlist, iirc.

i have nothing against grifball and infection. i just think that a shooter game shouldnt have playlist that require no shooting. race doesnt deserve its own playlist either. infection i can tolerate but they should go all out with it, visually.

i'd like to clarify that this has nothing to do with me liking competitive halo, it has more to do with keeping what boils down to be mini games out of matchmaking

feel

They should have a playlist for every single gametype, let people play what they want to play, high population numbers from all the COD features being introduced should make this viable.

L1NETT

Infection and Grifball are always well populated in Reach. Seems odd to alienate those players.

Yeah. I agree.

If there was a hybrid community playlist with Grifball and all the other carry on, I have a feeling Grifball would be voted everytime.

Making it a double exp weekend is an idea, but odd to put a sizeable community down like that.

Overdoziz

Banned
Grifball and Infection are minigames, they don't deserve their own playlist unless you've got a CoD-sized population. I'm also wondering how popular they would be if it wasn't so incredibly easy to farm kills in those gametypes.

Combining LD, Grifball, and Race (annoys me that we never got a race playlist) doesnt make sense. Making a rotating weekly playlist could work but these are popular and fun game modes and should be represented in matchmaking.

Of course the best solution would be a custom game browser

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Grifball and Infection are minigames, they don't deserve their own playlist unless you've got a CoD-sized population. I'm also wondering how popular they would be if it wasn't so incredibly easy to farm kills in those gametypes.

I agree with this but I think our wanting it out is selfish. There are a lot of people who play that shit on a regular basis. These gametypes were always popular especially Zombies in Halo 2. But yea if I had a choice that shit would never be in matchmaking.

Anyone else feel like Halo 4 won't have many playlists at launch? I'm not sure I see a SWAT or Snipers playlist being available right away. I do imagine those gametypes will exist in whatever Team Training/Social slayer list there will be. I would love like 7 or less playlists off the start.

Infinity Slayer
Objective
Classic Slayer
Doubles
FFA
BTB
And maybe a Team Hardcore. But then again, you can add Hardcore gametypes into those slayer lists.

I'm not basing this off of anything really. Just my gut and what I want lol

Fuchsdh

i have nothing against grifball and infection. i just think that a shooter game shouldnt have playlist that require no shooting. race doesnt deserve its own playlist either. infection i can tolerate but they should go all out with it, visually.

i'd like to clarify that this has nothing to do with me liking competitive halo, it has more to do with keeping what boils down to be mini games out of matchmaking

Not saying it does, just it's that sentiment that people use as the stereotypical holier-than-thou "we know what Halo is better than you" crowd. I think there's plenty of room for non-shooting right alongside the classic deathmatch modes. If a playlist can support a population, let it have it--I'm assuming Halo 4 won't have the same bizarre playlist cap that Reach did (although if there's no Firefight I doubt there would be the same issues).

An aside: I've always wanted a skull or mode that allowed me to go through the campaign missions without enemies and just explore without being shot at.

Of course the best solution would be a custom game browser

SCII has convinced me of the ills of a custom game browser. Doesn't matter that there's a million players online, if you want to play any of the games after the first page in popularity, good luck getting a full house. The current system is loads and away at least more consistent than the crud we'd have to worry about otherwise. Bungie did the right thing by going with playlists.

Karl2177

I agree with this but I think our wanting it out is selfish. There are a lot of people who play that shit on a regular basis. These gametypes were always popular especially Zombies in Halo 2. But yea if I had a choice that shit would never be in matchmaking.

Anyone else feel like Halo 4 won't have many playlists at launch? I'm not sure I see a SWAT or Snipers playlist being available right away. I do imagine those gametypes will exist in whatever Team Training/Social slayer list there will be. I would love like 7 or less playlists off the start.

Infinity Slayer
Objective
Classic Slayer
Doubles
FFA
BTB
And maybe a Team Hardcore. But then again, you can add Hardcore gametypes into those slayer lists.

I'm not basing this off of anything really. Just my gut and what I want lol

I'm fairly sure most of the people that want to play classic don't mind having a healthy mix of good objective modes thrown in there as well.

Edit: I've had the idea of custom search restrictions for a while, but I've never fully fleshed out how I thought they should work. To me, it would be a better system than "playlists", but as I said, it's just a not complete idea.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm fairly sure most of the people that want to play classic don't mind having a healthy mix of good objective modes thrown in there as well.

Edit: I've had the idea of custom search restrictions for a while, but I've never fully fleshed out how I thought they should work. To me, it would be a better system than "playlists", but as I said, it's just a not complete idea.

That would be nice. I'm all for playlists with mixed objective and slayer gametypes. Since you have more maps and gametypes to choose from you can really throw the absolute best working gametypes and be able to fill the playlist. No filler just for variety's sake.

neoism

nice post ghal
 has it been said if spartan ops will be tweakable, and the like. You know like episode 1 will it always be to same enemies everytime or will it be different everytime.

Caja 117

That would be nice. I'm all for playlists with mixed objective and slayer gametypes. Since you have more maps and gametypes to choose from you can really throw the absolute best working gametypes and be able to fill the playlist. No filler just for variety's sake.

Agree as well, one the reason why I like MLG is because is a good mix of Slayer and different objectives games.

nice post ghal
 has it been said if spartan ops will be tweakable, and the like. You know like episode 1 will it always be to same enemies everytime or will it be different everytime.
I think they will be the same. And Spartan Ops must be tweakable. I cannot see how they will satisfy the Co-Op/Firefight community without settings.

Top Bottom