• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Channing-Tatum-Jimmy-Fallon-Ew-Skit.jpg

In Halo 4, I'm expecting several flashbacks that flesh out Master Chief and who he is, although I don't expect(or really even want) to see his face in the current day. And Halsey will still be a dick.
lol this is Chief we're talking about, there isn't really much of character.
Best ad for any Halo game.

"We ran from Waypoint; they followed. We thought they'd never find us...

We were wrong."

"I will continue my campaign against the Members."

"No thread has ever withstood our might."

"GAF, we're running out of time."

"I need an admin."

"There are things about HaloGAF even the moderators do not understand."

"There are those that said this ban would never come. What are they to say now?"

[Rated I for Immature]

I think we have no one but ourselves to blame for invading Waypoint to troll a few times, they followed us home.

I tried to warn everyone:
Really we just need to ignore all of their threads about GAF. Actually, we should just ignore those boards all together, lest they decide to try and register here.

And then, the junior flood:
All of these juniors. I'm betting 90% of them are from Waypoint after all of those threads.

HaloGAF thanked Awesome Barlow for this post.

There's the bar, 343. Let's try to clear that.

Also, playing Darksiders 2, every word that comes out of Death's mouth is entertaining, mostly because Michael Wincott is saying it. Nothing against Terrence Stamp, but why the FUCK was he not Prophet of Truth in Halo 3, again?

Then again, Prophet of Truth of Halo 3 is faaaaaaar and away from the one in Halo 2, so maybe it was for the best :/

Havok

Also, playing Darksiders 2, every word that comes out of Death's mouth is entertaining, mostly because Michael Wincott is saying it. Nothing against Terrence Stamp, but why the FUCK was he not Prophet of Truth in Halo 3, again?

Then again, Prophet of Truth of Halo 3 is faaaaaaar and away from the one in Halo 2, so maybe it was for the best :/
"This is no place for a horse."

It never gets old. That character shift from conniving politician slowly usurping power at key moments to raving zealot lunatic is really shameful. Actually, calling it a character shift might be giving it orders of magnitude more credit than it deserves.

Pretty much a totally different character.

Both valid and acceptable reasons.

Awesome Barlow has thanked you for your post.

Funny that because of the Flood and me posting in here around the same time I was assumed to be a Waypoint junior by proxy, even though I've been around GAF for about a year and half now :/
Yeah, I feel for all of the quality juniors around during that time because they got overlooked and were all grouped in the same lot as the waypoint kids.

FyreWulff

Aye. This is the reason I'm grouchy we've been stuck with live action ads ever since.

Use the game to sell your game, 343. You've built something that looks incredible. Show it to the world.

I suspect the actual ads will have more to do with the Forward Unto Dawn series than that. I want to be wrong.

Superior Truth is superior. You getting on Firefight tonight? FF Anni's population is so low that I've basically been getting FF doubles :lol

Aye. This is the reason I'm grouchy we've been stuck with live action ads ever since.

Use the game to sell your game, 343. You've built something that looks incredible. Show it to the world.

I suspect the actual ads will have more to do with the Forward Unto Dawn series than that. I want to be wrong.

This so so much.

A live action ad does not show me a single reason why I should buy the game being advertised.

GhaleonEB

Superior Truth is superior. You getting on Firefight tonight? FF Anni's population is so low that I've basically been getting FF doubles :lol

I'd go that route if I liked the map, but really don't like Installation 04. I never wrote anything like a review, but I was so disappointed in nearly every aspect of it. It's one of the maps I avoid whenever possible.

I'm hopping on for a game of Firefight or two now, but I won't be able to use my mic given the proximity to my kid's room and how late it is.

Last night I got a game of Fiestafight with just one other player in the Firefight playlist, on Corvette. Spikers, lasers, ARs and hammers were deployed with great joy.

FyreWulff

I'd go that route if I liked the map, but really don't like Installation 04. I never wrote anything like a review, but I was so disappointed in nearly every aspect of it. It's one of the maps I avoid whenever possible.

I'm hopping on for a game of Firefight or two now, but I won't be able to use my mic given the proximity to my kid's room and how late it is.

Last night I got a game of Fiestafight with just one other player in the Arcade playlist, on Corvette. Spikers, lasers, ARs and hammers were deployed with great joy.

No mic is fine. I usually pull out my mic for Firefight anyway unless I'm playing with a bunch of non-randoms.

Yeah, I feel for all of the quality juniors around during that time because they got overlooked and were all grouped in the same lot as the waypoint kids.
These few discussions of Juniors migrating from Waypoint onto HaloGAF has left me wondering Wth happened or it's merely a joke/sarcasm?

Ken

What happened to all of us just sitting around and complaining about Reach and then jumping on anyone who kind of disagreed with us? When did we get all of these stupid kids?

That's kind of harsh, although Enfinit was kind of embarrassing in that video.

BTW Sleeping Dogs is great.

GhaleonEB

I knew that was you :lol

I turned on all 3 search options, let's see how this works out.

Both of my deaths were interesting. Gonna have to do the pic thing before bed.

Uh oh. Legendary Beachhead. This will be gloriously brutal when the Elite Ultras bring their pain...

Expendables 2 - Go see it.

Sad to say, but Chuck Norris is now a member of the wolf pack:

It'll make sense once you've seen the movie
<--not a spoiler

Also, heckfu.. didn't you say you weren't coming back until zoojoo was banned or something..? ;]

zap

These few discussions of Juniors migrating from Waypoint onto HaloGAF has left me wondering Wth happened or it's merely a joke/sarcasm?

A lot of HaloGAF trolled Waypoint a few months back, then the juniors arrived after the approval wait. The quality (on average) of new juniors was low, the quantity was insane.

It's a joke, but it's funny cos it's true :/

I felt a great disturbance in the HaloGAF, as if millions of irrelevant posts suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something wonderful has happened.

Unrelated, but zoojoo check your PMs.

:lol

I felt a great disturbance in the HaloGAF, as if millions of irrelevant posts suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something useful has happened.

Pop

Watching Reach is way more enjoyable then playing. Been watching Ninja for about an hour now and he has over 900 viewers this late.

Zoojoo, I hardly knew Ye

Watching Reach is way more enjoyable then playing. Been watching Ninja for about an hour now and he has over 900 viewers this late.

He's also doing a highly publicized 24 hour-long play session. His viewer numbers are always higher in the evening/late night from what I've seen.

feel

a zoojoo
Banned
(Today, 12:37 AM)

iXPxxSQZcnTZb.gif

edit-

Man, watching ninja and tashi play earlier made me miss playing myself, but I don't really feel like playing Reach or 3 right now with all their issues... sigh

I know it's too much to ask, but please have a decent classic playlist Halo 4

Trey

Finally, we can get back to talking about nothing.

Man, watching ninja and tashi play earlier made me miss playing myself, but I don't really feel like playing Reach or 3 right now with all their issues... sigh

I would like to see this. Any footage?

Seance

Banned
a zoojoo, calm the posting down. Stop posting shit. Think before everything you post. Try and dial down your sense of humour because its clearly not translating well in your posts.

I mean I get you just want to fit in but you're going about it the wrong way.

In a zoojoo style off topic-ness Iv played about 20 hours of Darksiders 1 in 2 days. I'm loving that game hyped for the second.

Is that more than one playthrough? I don't remember DS being very long at all.
If not you are really gonna hate the
endgame puzzle and fetch quest

Sucks I have to wait until th 21st until my copy of DS2 is even despatched. Curse timed region releases.

So yeah, um, dat FOTUS armour.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
nerd chills every time.

god I was a little halo whore back in high school watching this trailer, the 03'/04 trailers and the mp reveal on Zanzibar everyday leading up until the release during the fall.
Yup. Those were pre-Youtube years, and so I had everything saved on my hard drive. Watched them damn near daily. The Halo 2 TV ads take the throne of Halo promos, with the Starry Night Halo 3 teaser a close second. Third place is Halo 4's Wake Up, John teaser. It feels good to still be so hyped over Halo, heh.

A lot of HaloGAF trolled Waypoint a few months back, then the juniors arrived after the approval wait. The quality (on average) of new juniors was low, the quantity was insane.

It's a joke, but it's funny cos it's true :/l
Wow. My guess is alot of ban tagging? :
I felt a great disturbance in the HaloGAF, as if millions of irrelevant posts suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something useful has happened.
Is he really? I didn't even noticed... edit: oh shit.

crazybydefault

Neo Member
Yup. Those were pre-Youtube years, and so I had everything saved on my hard drive. Watched them damn near daily. The Halo 2 TV ads take the throne of Halo promos, with the Starry Night Halo 3 teaser a close second. Third place is Halo 4's Wake Up, John teaser. It feels good to still be so hyped over Halo, heh.

Call me a fanboy, but I still got chills during the Halo 4 trailer at E3. And I had seen it numerous times beforehand!

Anyone here watch Invisible Walls? Anyway, them talking about the new BOps2 features (a little before 20 mins) got me really frikkin excited and if they ever add that to Halo..

I don't think I would ever need another Multiplayer game.

Ain't that the truth :']

I dunno about you guys, but the "Believe" ads were the most chill inducing things for me. All dat hype.

Top Bottom