• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Not gonna watch the new vidoc. I can tell from the pics in this thread that I wouldn't want to see it.

So, are all the new CTF "features" confirmed? Auto pick up, not able to drop, standard movement speed, waypoint over the carrier?

Halo 4 and Thursday War speculation:

Potential spoilers

We may not be fighting Brutes as they may have fully aligned themselves against the Elites post war, and maybe even alongside humanity.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Halo 4 and Thursday War speculation:

Potential spoilers

We may not be fighting Brutes as they may have fully aligned themselves against the Elites post war, and maybe even alongside humanity.
No fucking way. No way. They would have to try hard to sell me on that one.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
MASSIVE H4/TTW SPOILER ALERT.

There is Halsey hate, in fact, she is being treated like a slave.
Arbiter now hates ONI, Hood not happy, goes to reconcile with the Arbiter.
Arbiter trapped in his compound with 1000 guards, Telcam has a fleet now, ready to glass him, waiting for any apology.
Requiem and Didact are mentioned. They are trying to use Jul to find Requiem, or something like that.
ONI wants full out war with the Arbiter, Parangosky doesn't care about the plan going badly
Human hating Didact is confirmed to be on Requiem.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Not gonna watch the new vidoc. I can tell from the pics in this thread that I wouldn't want to see it.

So, are all the new CTF "features" confirmed? Auto pick up, not able to drop, standard movement speed, waypoint over the carrier?

It's not bad. One minor thing.

MASSIVE H4/TTW SPOILER ALERT.

There is Halsey hate, in fact, she is being treated like a slave.
Arbiter now hates ONI, Hood not happy, goes to reconcile with the Arbiter.
Arbiter trapped in his compound with 1000 guards, Telcam has a fleet now, ready to glass him, waiting for any apology.
Requiem and Didact are mentioned. They are trying to use Jul to find Requiem, or something like that.
ONI wants full out war with the Arbiter, Parangosky doesn't care about the plan going badly
Human hating Didact is confirmed to be on Requiem.

i dont under stand the
Didact that hates humans thing. i thought he respected them

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's the required hard drive storage I need for Spartan Ops, HaloGAF?

My 20GB is nearly full so I'm going to need a USB. I can still use a USB right? If I use a USB will all my Halo 4 content be stored on that, or can I have it so that only Spartan Ops is partitioned to the USB?

Ken

What's the required hard drive storage I need for Spartan Ops, HaloGAF?

My 20GB is nearly full so I'm going to need a USB. I can still use a USB right? If I use a USB will all my Halo 4 content be stored on that, or can I have it so that only Spartan Ops is partitioned to the USB?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481037&highlight=spartan+ops+hard+drive

Are you still mad.

What the fuck. No way will my 20 GB be able to foot this.

Fuck this shit. WTF?! I am mad and not buying an overpriced MS hard drive.

heckfu

Banned
Oh hi. Still mobile but I'll give you the short of it.

Talked to Kevin Franklin after the panel and talked CTF.
1. No, no dropping the flag in multiplayer. "It creates having the flag be an important aspect of the game. Players will still have an individual rank in addition to team score and you get more points based off helping the flag carrier by driving him or assisting in kills. We haven't talked customs yet for CTF so we can't comment but in war games you won't be able to drop the flag. In addition, the waypoint over your head makes you yourself an objective and we get that so maybe the flagnum will get a boost in power to help counteract you being a target."
2. For Plywood, "we have the ability to take screenshots of maps to include in the menu UI but have no comment as of now for forge."

I can't quote him directly as I was unsure, but it seemed as if he said something about aggregating forge maps in their own playlist instead of including them in the standard war games hoppers.

Guys, they're listening, but they also have their own vision for how they want it to play out but it's a beautiful game. I promise.

As weird as the changes to CTF are; the changes to Oddball sound great.

Couldn't they have chained the Flagnum to the flag so it at least makes sense when you equip it?

Thanks to everyone (tweetfu especially) for their impressions. I want this game.

kylej

Banned
Um, Kevin. The flag runner was always an important part of Capture the Flag. Because it's Capture the Flag.

I hope those classic playlists are good.

Aggrotek

1. No, no dropping the flag in multiplayer. "It creates having the flag be an important aspect of the game. Players will still have an individual rank in addition to team score and you get more points based off helping the flag carrier by driving him or assisting in kills. We haven't talked customs yet for CTF so we can't comment but in war games you won't be able to drop the flag. In addition, the waypoint over your head makes you yourself an objective and we get that so maybe the flagnum will get a boost in power to help counteract you being a target."
2. For Plywood, "we have the ability to take screenshots of maps to include in the menu UI but have no comment as of now for forge."

I can't quote him directly as I was unsure, but it seemed as if he said something about aggregating forge maps in their own playlist instead of including them in the standard war games hoppers.

Guys, they're listening, but they also have their own vision for how they want it to play out but it's a beautiful game. I promise.

This sounds super promising. I really don't think they would completely deny the option to drop the flag, especially in a custom setting. The last statement gives me hope.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
He can't comment on CTF customs? He can't comment on whether there's the option to drop the flag? That makes zero sense.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Um, Kevin. The flag runner was always an important part of Capture the Flag. Because it's Capture the Flag.

Yeah that just doesn't sound good to me, I understand getting points for helping the flag carry and all that because he is the most important person on your team at that time.

You score the most you win, end of story. Not liking how that summary of a conversation sounds. haha

Seriously. If you care about winning you will protect the guy. If you don't, you won't. Welcome to Halo multiplayer online circa 2004. Now if you're basically solo, go fuck yourself.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'll take this as a "no" on being able to create a menu picture for your own Forge maps. Would be very disappointing because it was definitely an issue.
Those options are probably not in yet, and it depends it they have time.
Time? To get a feature in to let us drop a flag? Come the fuck on.
War games includes their classic playlists, no?
How is not being able to drop the flag and engage your pursers (with a primary weapon) classic?
Pretty sure there's only been a mention of a "stripped-down" playlist, not necessarily classic.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What was the HaloGAF shout out?
"Stop whining, you know who you are"

Sounds about right.

Thanks, Heckfu! <3

Though that answer sounds a bit confusing.

blamite

Flag changes sound just awful. I understand that there are probably reasons for why it is the way it is, but it just seems wrong, and makes me not want to play CTF anymore.

Surely there are better ways to make having the flag important that taking away every single option of the carrier besides the pistol...

daedalius

Sounds cool.

And that vidoc...

DBLT

Need panel vid now.

Holy shit is this like the whole book?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously. If you care about winning you will protect the guy. If you don't, you won't. Welcome to Halo multiplayer online circa 2004. Now if you're basically solo, go fuck yourself.
Riiiiiiiight?

Those options are probably not in yet, and it depends it they have time.
I don't consider this to be optional. It's an absolutely mandatory option, especially for customs.

Seance

Banned

1. No, no dropping the flag in multiplayer. "It creates having the flag be an important aspect of the game. Players will still have an individual rank in addition to team score and you get more points based off helping the flag carrier by driving him or assisting in kills. We haven't talked customs yet for CTF so we can't comment but in war games you won't be able to drop the flag.

Goddammit

Top Bottom