• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Been doing runs through Anniversary this weekend to collect the skulls. Man, I can't believe I didn't play more of that game when it came out. In particular, the bandana skull really livens things up (infinite ammo & grenades). What is craziness though is bandana + BOOM! + Grunt Funeral Party. I swear there were long corridors of the Pillar of Autumn that I just walked along following the chain reaction explosions of dying grunts.

I still contend that this is the best run of levels I've ever played in any game:
  • Halo
  • Truth & Reconciliation
  • The Silent Cartographer
  • Assault on the Control Room

It got me thinking of other great Halo levels and makes me want to replay Halo 3 & ODST. Any one want to toss out the names of some levels worth revisiting? (The Covenant is my fav from Halo 3 for obvious reasons).

I know I'm super-late on this, but do you think that Frankie/343 or any of the Saber guys could take a shot of what this looks like in Anniversary?

789shadow

Banned
Good lord, I'm using GAF Pro Dark and my Post Reply button didn't load, I thought I got banned. :lol

On a related note, I'm trying to compile a list for the whole Halo 2 Opening Cutscene: NeoGAF Edition video. Can people help me out? I'm trying to get most of the frequent HaloGAFers that have been

Permabanned:
EazyB
Zoojoo

Banned:
Devolution
Kittens
Plywood
Ghaleon
Heckfu
Starwolf
Juices (second-longest)

Otherwise harmed/permajuniored:
TheOddOne
FyreWulff (bizarre semipermajunior)

Can anyone else give me any examples?
Put me in the banned list.

Catching up.

From the last thread, Frankie said that FOTUS means something other than what I had given it. Nevertheless: I'd like to run for FOTUS of HaloGAF. Do I have any opponents?

Overdoz1z, from your video here, if you have a good eye, you can see your first kill:
onLhb.png

Karl, I do want to apologize for missing the achievement party yesterday. I had completely forgotten about it. I essentially took a day off the internet to do some stuff to try to make me feel better from Friday.

I like Hitmonchan's "reveal" list between now and Halo 4's release. Even if that's not how things will play out, it shows that there's enough unreleased information so that we should have a steady stream of news between PAX and release.

We have FanExpo in Canada this week then PAX next week. I assume that both events will have the same build of the game. I'm just expecting a more recent build at the very least. Speaking of PAX, I think David said they'd be live streaming the panel on Twitter? Most likely misremembering that.

I think that's it. I feel like I'm forgetting something.

Been doing runs through Anniversary this weekend to collect the skulls. Man, I can't believe I didn't play more of that game when it came out. In particular, the bandana skull really livens things up (infinite ammo & grenades). What is craziness though is bandana + BOOM! + Grunt Funeral Party. I swear there were long corridors of the Pillar of Autumn that I just walked along following the chain reaction explosions of dying grunts.

I still contend that this is the best run of levels I've ever played in any game:
  • Halo
  • Truth & Reconciliation

It got me thinking of other great Halo levels and makes me want to replay Halo 3 & ODST. Any one want to toss out the names of some levels worth revisiting? (The Covenant is my fav from Halo 3 for obvious reasons).

I know I'm super-late on this, but do you think that Frankie/343 or any of the Saber guys could take a shot of what this looks like in Anniversary?

Such a gorgeous shot that is. Also, the Bandanna skull is definitely hilarious fun; really hope it makes a return in H4 :)

Karl2177

Completely forgot about it while rendering :p If you're still needing it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkOtR4RZF8
Thanks! I'll grab that when I get home.

Karl, I do want to apologize for missing the achievement party yesterday. I had completely forgot about it. I essentially took a day off the internet to do some stuff to try to make me feel better from Friday.
No problem! All of us ended up getting the ones we needed. If you still want it, I'll still be glad to help. :)

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Speaking of PAX, I think David said they'd be live streaming the panel on Twitter? Most likely misremembering that.

I was obliquely referring to some less than savory folks who are throwing an "industry lumiary" party around PAX who are asking for donations for the party from people. Oh, and did I mention that donating doesn't get you into the party? But they will be providing a live stream for the regular folks who aren't on the list. Disgusting.

heckfu

Banned
I was obliquely referring to some less than savory folks who are throwing an "industry lumiary" party around PAX who are asking for donations for the party from people. Oh, and did I mention that donating doesn't get you into the party? But they will be providing a live stream for the regular folks who aren't on the list. Disgusting.

Wait whaaaaaat? That is ridiculous.

DeadNames

Banned

I saw your first post and thought "wut".

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Beckx

1. Bullseye Armor
2. Oceanic Armor
3. Red Camo Armor
4. Raptor Armor
5. Web Armor
6. Console Armor
7. LE armor
8. LE avataro prop
9. Wargames pass that comes with LE
10. Console avatar pet
11. Console avatar suit
12. Console avatar cyro tube
13. Wargames pass (purchasable)
14. Wargames Map Pack #1
15. Wargames Map Pack #2
16. Wargames Map Pack #3

Wait, I thought the skin was the DLC, but at least some of those armors (Oceanic, for instance) were in the core game regardless of where you bought your copy.

Woorloog

Banned
Almost had me for a second, almost.
Never had me...
Probably the first time ever i actually read the name first and then looked at the avatar.

Wait, I thought the skin was the DLC, but at least some of those armors (Oceanic, for instance) were in the core game regardless of where you bought your copy.

The pre-order bonuses are extra skins (and just skins, the armor themselves are available for all, not counting CE armor). (Just guessing: Specifically, authorization files for them, i really doubt they are not on the disc already.)

• Halo
  • Truth & Reconciliation

If you don't count the Arbiter levels, this Chief run of levels is pretty damn good: Outskirts-Metropolis-Delta Halo-Regret.

In Halo 3, I obviously loved The Covenant, but I also really enjoyed the level before it, The Ark.

ODST has a few really fun levels, too, in particular this "run":
Uplift Reserve-Kizingo Boulevard-ONI Alpha Site.

Speaking of DLC (and sorry if late to this discussion), but I noticed that there are different helmets available to those who purchase the "Season Pass"...

DLC Pass

War Games Map Pack Access can be purchased separately for 2000 MSP. Available from launch, it's a DLC Pass that includes access to nine competitive multiplayer maps (three future War Games map packs, each including three maps).

Offering a 15 per cent saving compared to purchasing each of the add-ons individually, the pack also includes the in-game exclusive items; the Spartan-IV “Scanner” and “Strider” helmets, and the “Falcon” in-game emblem.

Halo 4 is out on November 6th.

Does this mean those of us who are purchasing the LE (and the console for that matter) won't get access to these helmets?

Woorloog

Banned
Speaking of DLC (and sorry if late to this discussion), but I noticed that there are different helmets available to those who purchase the "Season Pass"...

Does this mean those of us who are purchasing the LE (and the console for that matter) won't get access to these helmets?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Tell me those are just skins and/or are also available for LE buyers!

I think the DLC pass comes with the LE, so you probably get that along with the other LE exclusive armors

Also, I'm imagining the Strider helmet just gives you a badass scarf

strider.jpg

No problem! All of us ended up getting the ones we needed. If you still want it, I'll still be glad to help. :)
That would be lovely. Maybe this weekend? Got a pretty hefty work schedule for much of this week.

That's what I was trying remembering. I had a good feeling I was remembering that comment incorrectly.

Thanks for the clarification.

zap

All of these cosmetic pre-order bonuses have had the opposite effect on me. I just don't care about any of them now that I know it's not possible to get them all (reasonably).

Slaker117

It seems like it would be crazy to disincentivize LE purchases by giving exclusive content to those who don't buy it, but it's also comparable to the standard edition game being packaged with the limited edition console. My bet is the two helmets will be in the LE, though given the backwards logic of the console situation, I wouldn't be shocked to see them left out.

All of these cosmetic pre-order bonuses have had the opposite effect on me. I just don't care about any of them now that I know it's not possible to get them all (reasonably).

Frankie's hinted at them all being available at a later date... a community milestone or at the least one big pre-order bonus pack would be ideal.

Fuchsdh

Same. I see no problem with smart glass. It seems like a practical way to keep up to date with the game and manage multiplayer.

If it works the way it's supposed to, Smart Glass should be great, and MS's apparent commitment to make it cross-platforms suits me just fine.

Hell, Kinect could be useful if they fix the latency issue with the next hardware revision. I was thinking just today how voice commands would have been nice to navigate some of Reach's rather dense menus. "File Share".

Here's a moment of Halo stupidity:

When PAX tickets came on sale, I didn't bother checking the date for the event because I had assumed it would be around August 20th - 29th, in that area, and I wouldn't be able to go even if I had managed to get the money.

I made this thread on Friday, and it was then I finally found out PAX is happening on labor day weekend. Which means, provided I could've scrounged enough money, I could've gone.

Felt like putting my head through a wall.

Hey everyone. I've been lurking these threads since I believe OT #6, thought I'd finally get around to posting.

Huge halo fan, pumped for Halo 4 and I've been getting back into Reach over the past few days. If anyone ever wants to play, I'd enjoy it. No one on my friends list plays any of the Halo games anymore.

GT is the same as my username here, FUBAR McDangles.

See everyone online! :)

Woorloog

Banned
Hey everyone. I've been lurking these threads since I believe OT #6, thought I'd finally get around to posting.

Huge halo fan, pumped for Halo 4 and I've been getting back into Reach over the past few days. If anyone ever wants to play, I'd enjoy it. No one on my friends list plays any of the Halo games anymore.

Nationality/Timezone?
Assuming American because there ain't many Europeans who post at this time. I'm just crazy one.

Sai-kun

Banned
Good lord, I'm using GAF Pro Dark and my Post Reply button didn't load, I thought I got banned. :lol

On a related note, I'm trying to compile a list for the whole Halo 2 Opening Cutscene: NeoGAF Edition video. Can people help me out? I'm trying to get most of the frequent HaloGAFers that have been

EazyB (The Original Cleanser)

Banned:
Zoojoo
Devolution
Kittens
Plywood
Ghaleon
Heckfu
Starwolf
Juices (second-longest)
789shadow
Juryben
MTW

Otherwise harmed/permajuniored:
TheOddOne
FyreWulff (bizarre semipermajunior)

Can anyone else give me any examples?

I got banned 2 years ago I think. Or maybe last year.

Fuchsdh

Welcome! Since you've been lurking I assume you know what not to do. :p

Karl2177

a/s/l

Or

BR/AR?

Highest level in Halo 3 and what playlist?

Favorite Halo 2 map?

Series wide favorite Halo map?

Aren't you getting the Season Pass with the Limited Edition?

I got banned 2 years ago I think. Or maybe last year.

Since you have a few thousand* avatars in circulation, mind linking me to that pic you used for realpic july? It doesn't necessarily have to be a higher resolution.

*either that or you update it to stay current, in which case I am very impressed.

Nationality/Timezone?
Assuming American because there ain't many Europeans who post at this time. I'm just crazy one.

American. Central Time Zone.

Welcome! Since you've been lurking I assume you know what not to do. :p

I...think so? Ha.

a/s/l

Or

BR/AR?

Highest level in Halo 3 and what playlist?

Favorite Halo 2 map?

Series wide favorite Halo map?

18, turn 19 tomorrow. Male. Small town south of Minneapolis, Minnesota

BR, probably.

Mostly played customs with friends or social big team/social slayer. Highest rank is 34 in Team Swat, Team Slayer was in the mid/high 20s I think. Doubles was somewhere around the same area.

Halo 2 map? Zanzibar/Lockout/Beaver Creek, can't decide.

Beaver Creek or Sidewinder

Computron

NeoGAF finally implemented Youtube embedding, awesome!

Speaking of which, have you guys seen the freshly leaked Forerunner Chopper Vehicle Gameplay video from SuperMTW?

ibzqfiqjjyfBoz.gif

Top Bottom