• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

NeoGAF finally implemented Youtube embedding, awesome!

Speaking of which, have you guys seen the freshly leaked Forerunner Chopper Vehicle Gameplay video from SuperMTW?

ibzqfiqjjyfBoz.gif

I hate you.

Homeboyd

NeoGAF finally implemented Youtube embedding, awesome!

Speaking of which, have you guys seen the freshly leaked Forerunner Chopper Vehicle Gameplay video from SuperMTW?

http://i.minus.com/ibzqfiqjjyfBoz.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Wahrer Machine, post: 41191676"]Good lord, I'm using GAF Pro Dark and my Post Reply button didn't load, I thought I got banned. :lol

On a related note, I'm trying to compile a list for the whole Halo 2 Opening Cutscene: NeoGAF Edition video. Can people help me out? I'm trying to get most of the frequent HaloGAFers that have been

Permabanned:
EazyB (The Original Cleanser)
[B]Computron[/B]

Banned:
Zoojoo
Devolution
Kittens
Plywood
Ghaleon
Heckfu
Starwolf
Juices (second-longest)
789shadow
Juryben
MTW

Otherwise harmed/permajuniored:
TheOddOne
FyreWulff (bizarre semipermajunior)

Can anyone else give me any examples?[/QUOTE]

What do you guys think Blood Gulch's name will be in Halo 4? They've all have been some sort of flow of blood. Hemorrhage, coagulation, Valhalla, blood gulch.

Good lord, I'm using GAF Pro Dark and my Post Reply button didn't load, I thought I got banned. :lol

On a related note, I'm trying to compile a list for the whole Halo 2 Opening Cutscene: NeoGAF Edition video. Can people help me out? I'm trying to get most of the frequent HaloGAFers that have been

Banned:
Zoojoo
Devolution
Kittens
Plywood
Ghaleon
Heckfu
Starwolf
Juices (second-longest)
789shadow
Juryben
MTW

TheOddOne

Can anyone else give me any examples?
I once got banned for feeding my inbox

Damn Barlow, your avatar scared the shit out of me
D:

Karl2177

That's what she said.
Oh dear lord.
18, turn 19 tomorrow. Male. Small town south of Minneapolis, Minnesota

BR, probably.

Mostly played customs with friends or social big team/social slayer. Highest rank is 34 in Team Swat, Team Slayer was in the mid/high 20s I think. Doubles was somewhere around the same area.

Halo 2 map? Zanzibar/Lockout/Beaver Creek, can't decide.

Beaver Creek or Sidewinder

Quality choices. And happy early birthday!

That article said 10 new weapons and 2 new vehicles, right?

Weapons:
  1. Sticky Detonator
  2. SAW
  3. Railgun
  4. Storm Rifle
  5. Light Rifle
  6. Scattershot
  7. Boltshot
  8. Surpressor
  9. Forerunner Sniper
  10. Forerunner Rocket?

Vehicles:
  1. Mammoth
  2. Mech
Hopefully they're not counting some of these though like the Mech as a vehicle.

I would be surprised if the only new Covenant weapon is a reimagined Plasma Rifle/Repeater.

heckfu

Banned
What do you guys think Blood Gulch's name will be in Halo 4? They've all have been some sort of flow of blood. Hemorrhage, coagulation, Valhalla, blood gulch.

I'm not so sure they'll remake it at all. They've said from the get-go that no launch maps will be remakes (I think).

Can anyone back me up on that?

Fuchsdh

I'm not so sure they'll remake it at all. They've said from the get-go that no launch maps will be remakes (I think).

Can anyone back me up on that?

I think you're correct.

Anyhow, remaking Blood Gulch will be trivially easy in Forge. Coag would be more difficult, although I remember not really liking the map--I wonder if that was just my general distaste with the map back in H1/H2 days, and how I'd feel about it now.

Woorloog

Banned
I would be surprised if the only new Covenant weapon is a reimagined Plasma Rifle/Repeater.

Indeed, they have a quite varied selection already. Wonder if the Plasma Launcher, is back. And the FRG, Focus Rifle (Beam Rifle is in, no?), Needle Rifle...

However, the biggest mystery is the Sentinel Beam. Seriously. Will we have classic Sentinels or not? Or will a Promethean weapon replicate the function of the Sentinel Beam?

Sai-kun

Banned
Since you have a few thousand* avatars in circulation, mind linking me to that pic you used for realpic july? It doesn't necessarily have to be a higher resolution.

*either that or you update it to stay current, in which case I am very impressed.

http://i.imgur.com/e29oo.png

And yeah, I update my avatar pretty often to stay current with whatever my favorite music artists have put out. My summer has pretty much revolved around Marina & the Diamonds :lol

Homeboyd

That's why it's very important to know if they mean "new" weapons to the series, or "new" weapons from the latest Halo installment. Didn't we get confirmation the beam rifle was in? Is that "new" or just new since Reach? If they consider those "new" lists just new to the series, then you could still have the chopper, etc.. back and still have 2 new vehicles.

Fuchsdh

Indeed, they have a quite varied selection already. Wonder if the Plasma Launcher, is back. And the FRG, Focus Rifle (Beam Rifle is in, no?), Needle Rifle...

However, the biggest mystery is the Sentinel Beam. Seriously. Will we have classic Sentinels or not? Or will a Promethean weapon replicate the function of the Sentinel Beam?

I really hope we get classic Sentinels back, even if they're just floating around like the Constructors. Will make a lot of the other changes go down much easier.

So, I wish armor detail would come back as an option, I would love to be able to choose Primary color, Secondary color and Armor Detail color (skins).. Or hell, I would love if we could possibly color individual pieces of armor separately from the rest such as shoulder pads or the chest. That way we really could give our Spartans an individual identity, such as Jorge who had unique coloring.. It seems it may have been a consideration during Halo 3:

hZpy5.jpg

I really wish we could actually do something like that. Also, I really like that not only are there different visor colors, but also different 'textures', making the visors feel pretty unique. Its kinda crazy that those ideas have been in effect since Halo 3, but never really saw the light of day until Reach.

I would join you, but unfortunately I have some people over who are addicted to Netflix.

I love that spartan on the far right. he kind of looks like a clone trooper.

Also, LAN today ended up being very successful. Playing a shitton of Halo 3 all day made me more hyped for Halo 4 than anything else has.

Woorloog

Banned
I really hope we get classic Sentinels back, even if they're just floating around like the Constructors. Will make a lot of the other changes go down much easier.

I don't actually care either way... i just want to know where the Sentinel Beam is.

Considering the shield world in Halo Wars had Sentinels and other Sentinel-like robots, i'd say it is logical to assume Requiem would have them as well. Unless the shield world is completly governed by the Prometheans.

Tunavi

Banned
Good lord, I'm using GAF Pro Dark and my Post Reply button didn't load, I thought I got banned. :lol

Banned:
Zoojoo
Devolution
Kittens
Plywood
Ghaleon
Heckfu
Starwolf
Juices (second-longest)
789shadow
Juryben
MTW

TheOddOne

Can anyone else give me any examples?
twice

FRG is back, confirmed in some SpOps footage.

Karl2177

The perma list is:

EazyB/Lake Minnetonka
Starwolf
XxOverkillVR
MTWomg
juryben
a zoojoo
+anyone else that was banned in the Halo 3 thread days that was before I lurked

GhaleonEB

That may or may not have been me screaming "Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" during that BTB game on Hemorrhage.

I will freely admit Reach does not bring out the best in me.

Top Bottom