• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Spartan Ops comes out 10 weeks after the game?
The more I think about it the more that would actually makes sense.

They want us playing a new episode each week (like a TV show), but the story takes place after the campaign. So you'd want a buffer of time to make sure that most players finished it and were ready to continue the story, awaiting something new each week. And it keeps people from trading the game in for that first 90 day sales window.

I just assumed it was day one all this time. Or did this guy just mean to say "over the next 10 weeks after launch"?

nillapuddin

Poorly worded, but I knew what he meant,
SpOps lasts for 10 weeks after the game comes out

Since it happens after campaign I wouldn't mind if it took a week or two to get started atleast, we expecting it to start the first Friday?

They want us playing a new episode each week (like a TV show), but the story takes place after the campaign. So you'd want a buffer of time to make sure that most players finished it and were ready to continue the story. And it keeps people from trading it in.

I just assumed it was day one all this time. Or did this guy just mean to say "over the next 10 weeks after launch"?

The latter. They would save the map packs as something 10 weeks after launch, then maybe if Spartan Ops is successful they'll have paid Spartan Ops DLC.

Halo 4 is definitely going to have a ton of content.. That's for sure.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Chartreuse is my favorite color, and it is neither more yellow or green. It is equal of both.

Proper hexideci is CCFF00 btw
Which happens to be my post highlight color, and confused the shit out of me when that big chartreuse square was posted

TheOddOne

They want us playing a new episode each week (like a TV show), but the story takes place after the campaign. So you'd want a buffer of time to make sure that most players finished it and were ready to continue the story, awaiting something new each week. And it keeps people from trading the game in for that first 90 day sales window.

Check around 1:03. He clearly says that it will release 10 weeks after release of the game. Maybe a slip?

Talking with Nexy for a bit about Halo 4 Pax, he said 343i nailed the starting weapons perfectly especially the lightrifle. This is great since the past few titles have had issues (BR spread, weak Carbine, DMR random bloom, etc).

Can't wait to play:)
Agreed very much.
Im gonna say that is an early version of the Incineration Cannon.
Doubt it, the Incinerator Cannon is huge.

I think that the sandbox we encountered at PAX was the complete sandbox.
Holy shit, find his match if you can in raw quality. We're literally beside him shit talking the whole time!

Obviously in jest, though, since he won.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You yelled get shit on right next to him without realizing that he wasn't wearing a headset, and he immediate turned to you with the biggest "what the fuck" face I've ever seen. So good.

Chartreuse is my favorite color, and it is neither more yellow or green. It is equal of both.

Proper hexideci is CCFF00 btw
Which happens to be my post highlight color, and confused the shit out of me when that big chartreuse square was posted

V3N6o.jpg

IHaveIce

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You yelled get shit him right next to him without realizing that he wasn't wearing a headset, and he immediate turned to you with the biggest "what the fuck" face I've ever seen. So good.

damn hahaha.
Probably you guys are the reason there is no video of him playing the game.

Am I late in noticing that your radar indicates when an enemy is using promethean vision?

EDIT: At least that is what I think is happening...

The red wave expands like a sonar wave.

L3JTu.png

damn hahaha.
Probably you guys are the reason there is no video of him playing the game.

It was weird, they had two cameras, one behind him filming the screen (what you see in that video) and one filming him, but the woman operating that camera spend most of the game shooting up close of his hands.

Holy shit, find his match if you can in raw quality. We're literally beside him shit talking the whole time!

Obviously in jest, though, since he won.
That moment when Heckfu yells "GET SHIT ON" and realizes the guy wasn't wearing his headset. Priceless.

pics? also, does radar show altitude anymore?
Motion tracker shows altitude, but it's represented by an arrow pointing up or down now. Easier to read IMO.

senador

Banned
It was weird, they had two cameras, one behind him filming the screen (what you see in that video) and one filming him, but the woman operating that camera spend most of the game shooting up close of his hands.

Ah, so that must be who films the E3 stage demos.

I'm hoping the constant announcer stuff will actually get people to do objectives. Sucks when you're the only one doing 'em

aw who am I kidding... gotta keep up that k/d rite kids

There's a T-Rex emblem now? Looks like I'll have to change my phoenix emblem now, its been a good run.

I expect Demon to also rock that emblem as well, I hope he knows why. ; )

Also possibly armour/visor colour to alternate between, black, red and yellow.

senador

Banned
Watching A Hero Awakens on Halo Waypoint 360. Halo 4 looks really good on the TV. I really like how chief moves, specifically right here. This campaign is going to be awesome.

Pretty sure he just slipped up his words as Spartan Ops first mission launches day of release and content keeps coming in for 10 weeks.

I like Seananners, hopefully he makes Halo 4 content.

TheOddOne

343 mentioned earlier that Episode One is available from Day One - they recommended to finish campaign first to avoid Spoilers. it came up during an Interview or the Sparkast. (99,9% sure)
Yeah, I know. That why I found it strange. It was just maybe a slip.

Pop

There's a T-Rex emblem now? Looks like I'll have to change my phoenix emblem now, its been a good run.

I expect Demon to also rock that emblem as well, I hope he knows why. ; )

Also possibly armour/visor colour to alternate between, black, red and yellow.

T-Rex emblem here I come. So good...

Yeah. It was my second game of Halo 4, and I got camped by the Gauss Hog, Scorpion and Banshee the entire game. Really hoping it was just a crazy set up for exhibition, but the way they reintroduced the vehicles at the panel made me worried it was not.

Remember when we thought Certain Affinity's weapon setups on Beaver Creek were for exhibition? 343 have no qualms about stuffing their maps to suffocation with power weapons/vehicles.

I find it kinda funny how naked eli's vids show that there is a 'generic kill' medal in Halo 4. That means, no matter what, you will get at least one medal for every kill you get. Hell, you'll even get a medal for walking around and getting shot at.

Distraction! + 10

It's honestly quite vile. Watch this tank footage Cyren posted earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJxI8wQAU9Y&feature=youtu.be

So, so much text for every action. It looks like the scripting usually reserved for behind the game engine is just coarsely smeared atop the reticle. Like a Final Fantasy battle tacked onto the usually elegant Halo HUD.

Pop

I'm loving all the customization options so far. Now I can even look like a fairy tale creature in Halo.

raindoc

Yeah me too but so far I haven't seen any armor with pouches and ammo and stuff on it.

I really liked that in Reach. Makes the spartans look more combat-ready.

My dream is it to be able to glue elite jaw-bones to my spartan's helmet, to make him look more combat proven. ("Hey Zealot, does this smile look familiar?")

Pop

My dream is it to be able to glue elite jaw-bones to my spartan's helmet, to make him look more combat proven. ("Hey Zealot, does this smile look familiar?")

That's hardcore bro. Now only if I could take that forerunner skull off the flag and use that as a helmet.

Am I late in noticing that your radar indicates when an enemy is using promethean vision?

EDIT: At least that is what I think is happening...

The red wave expands like a sonar wave.

L3JTu.png

This is very good. A new addition I think. I love the Halo 4 radar. you can see there is an ally scorpion to his left. Height is well portrayed, and with PV in there it balances PV a lot.

Even if Halo 4 multiplayer is awesome, I will always make fun of the distraction medal.

You're literally getting praised for sucking.
The medal could legitimately be awarded to someone providing a planned, tactical distraction, but in all other instances, it will draw players' attention to the fact that their teammates are saving their asses. Then there's the meta-game: how many Distractions can we gift these nubs?

So, so much text for every action. It looks like the scripting usually reserved for behind the game engine is just coarsely smeared atop the reticle. Like a Final Fantasy battle tacked onto the usually elegant Halo HUD.
Look at the bright side, he didn't receive any credit for destroying the unmanned Ghost.

Woorloog

Banned
It was pretty good, as long as there were no snipers or gauss hogs on it.

Oh god those heavies matches... Good map for 5v5, 6v6 with default sandbox, BR starts. But 8v8, Heavies? Just no... Also, Standoff snipers. And that horribly forged "variant" for Snipers.

Top Bottom