• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

You guys post a lot, before I even realized it there's a new OT.

OhgyJ.png

Ah well.

As for something game related, I've replayed ODST and played some ODST firefight these last few days. Sogood. I might continue my Halo 3 run but damn, that FOV is hard on the eyes.

Enfinit

oh yeah that was the other thing I was gunna tell ya the other day, I always run wired on my 360 in the apartment

Just started doing that today, went from a download speed of 1.8 Mbps to a whopping 28. Upload speed wasn't that much better (same with ping), but better nonetheless.

The worst thing that ever happened to Halo in my opinion. They totally distract you from the playing field. While you are busy loosing you reticle in the sky that is the same damn color. Tying to shoot down flying idiots that can shoot you from any angle on the map. Their teammates on the ground are shooting you in the ass.

All that may well be true, but are you honestly saying they are worse than Armor Lock?

nillapuddin

Just started doing that today, went from a download speed of 1.8 Mbps to a whopping 28. Upload speed wasn't that much better (same with ping), but better nonetheless.

yeah my upload is shit up there also, but I get by with dl

ill be back up next weekend, now I gotta check mine for comparison lol

Enfinit

You guys post a lot, before I even realized it there's a new OT.

http://i.imgur.com/OhgyJ.png[img]

Ah well.

As for something game related, I've replayed ODST and played some ODST firefight these last few days. Sogood. I might continue my Halo 3 run but damn, that FOV is hard on the eyes.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://puu.sh/WpEY

Just made it into the hall of shame.

ODST FF is really, really good. It's a shame they couldn't duplicate the process in Reach, although Reach's FF can be pretty fun at times.

yeah my upload is shit up there also, but I get by with dl

ill be back up next weekend, now I gotta check mine for comparison lol
LANs at my place every weekend. All three of my roommates play, we could easily get a group of ten together just off people I know. Definitely got the space for it.

ODST FF is really, really good. It's a shame they couldn't duplicate the process in Reach, although Reach's FF can be pretty fun at times.
I like the times I go back to restock only to find all the pistols are gone; limited supplies are much better for what Firefight is. The night variant of Crater is just so pretty too. Also I'm just so done with bloom that even fighting AI with it enabled is just not fun in Reach.

Enfinit

I like the times I go back to restock only to find all the pistols are gone; limited supplies are much better for what Firefight is. The night variant of Crater is just so pretty too. Also I'm just so done with bloom that even fighting AI with it enabled is just not fun in Reach.

The idea of limiting the supplies and lives was what made it incredibly fun, that added element of survival was just such a pleasure to play. Firefight Limited in Reach attempted to recreate the magic, however it just didn't feel the same especially with added gameplay mechanics like bloom, AA's, and the lack of night vision.

When it comes to maps, Reach's aren't even on the same continent. They're both fun in their respective ways, however ODST's complemented the the play style and mood so well. There's not a single Reach FF map I really, really enjoy. Corvette's fun and Installation 04 is a beauty, but none of them pack the punch of fun that ODST's did.

malfcn

I played Reach FF a few times for the achievements or challenges. But it wasn't as fun to hop on and (still go for achievements) chill with a group of buddies.

Kibbles

GAF HAS RETURNED, holy shit.

edit: wtf how was it working for you guys? It literally just came back for me after refreshing every once in a while.

Reclaimer

Lurkers will be punished!

Was it you that bought that ridiculous Chief statue? It looked awesome.

Yeah, that's me. Only preordered right now, full ridiculousness landing April 2013.

That mofo is 25" tall. Place of employment, prepare for a whole lotta 117 up in your business.

So - watching the Intel Extreme Masters. Granted this is an SCII tourney, but I'm pretty sure everyone here will appreciate what just happened live on the stream with Day9. MC decides to make a cameo appearance:

yr1DI.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
I was talking with Heckfu about this a little earlier, but what are some of you guys actually doing for PAX? Staying on the show floor, or going to see panels? Obviously I'm gonna go to the Halo panel, but there were also a couple of other panels I wanted to go to (ACIII, LBGTQ in gaming, trans issues in gaming, and getting into the industry), but I'm not sure how that will fit into my schedule of hanging out with you folks.

Also, what are you guys doing in the evenings? I wish I could go for a long longer, because even half a week doesn't feel like a long enough time to actually hang out with y'all AND sightsee.

edit: day9 jal;ksfjak;lsjfasf

Ken

So - watching the Intel Extreme Masters. Granted this is an SCII tourney, but I'm pretty sure everyone here will appreciate what just happened live on the stream with Day9. MC decides to make a cameo appearance:

http://i.imgur.com/yr1DI.gif[MG][/QUOTE]

Those are some nerdy shirts.

tee hee

nerds.

blamite

image.axd

Oh man I need this. I need this so much. This is literally my favorite Halo figure/satue thing ever. DAT NEEDLER.

But I have no money. :(

FyreWulff

Where am I going to play Dino Blasters now?

In your mind. PS here's a list of everything that went away.

Maps

Timberlands (only Ridgeline will be available)

Gametypes

All Vanilla Reach Objective gametypes (non-Invasion) including:
One Flag
Multi-flag
Crazy King
Neutral Bomb
Stockpile

Team Hotshot
Power Slayer
Speedpile
Hockey
HaloBall
HaloBall Xtreme
Shotty Snipers
Splockets
BOOM! Ball
Hog Potato
Shotgun Assault
Dino Blasters
Rocket CTF

TU Infection
TU Alpha Zombies

Doubles variants of:
2x Score Attack
Arcadefight
FF Limited
Arcadefight NEP
FF Limited NEP

FyreWulff

Since when has BTB only allowed 2 local players per box?

Since launch-ish. I remember it being like that since launch, but looking back over the changelog, the first community map was introduced in the October 2010 update. So if it was 4 split, it was only 4 split for a month.

Enfinit

In your mind. PS here's a list of everything that went away.

Wow, nice list. Interesting to see what they took away.

But in all seriousness, I'm kinda bummed that Action Sack was removed. It was a great playlist for just chilling with a group of buds that aren't so great at the game or don't feel like being ultra-competitive (which happens more often than not).

Spent most of the night around Objective, where I was met with a horrendous amount of stat padders, and Team Slayer, because that's where all the Khristmas kids hang out. There literally isn't a playlist that you can just go in and not worry about winning, losing, or being competitive. Action Sack scratched that itch.

Since launch-ish. I remember it being like that since launch, but looking back over the changelog, the first community map was introduced in the October 2010 update. So if it was 4 split, it was only 4 split for a month.

Hmm.. Weird. Halo 3 supports 4 player splitscreen in BTB right?

Top Bottom