• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

FyreWulff

Hmm.. Weird. Halo 3 supports 4 player splitscreen in BTB right?

It does, but Halo 3 supported 4 split in every list where it was possible, it didn't support limiting local players. You really can't Forge a normal map (unless you glitch it) in Halo 3 that pushes 4 split like you can in Reach anyway.

crazybydefault

Neo Member
Wow, nice list. Interesting to see what they took away.

But in all seriousness, I'm kinda bummed that Action Sack was removed. It was a great playlist for just chilling with a group of buds that aren't so great at the game or don't feel like being ultra-competitive (which happens more often than not).

Spent most of the night around Objective, where I was met with a horrendous amount of stat padders, and Team Slayer, because that's where all the Khristmas kids hang out. There literally isn't a playlist that you can just go in and not worry about winning, losing, or being competitive. Action Sack scratched that itch.

No more protesting on the opponent's goal when everybody votes for Hockey? LAME.

zap

It does, but Halo 3 supported 4 split in every list where it was possible, it didn't support limiting local players. You really can't Forge a normal map (unless you glitch it) in Halo 3 that pushes 4 split like you can in Reach anyway.

Halo 3's split screen was a ton better than Reach's split screen. I remember playing 4-player split screen with some friends in Reach and I couldn't see vehicles, people and buildings from a distance. Was pretty bad.

Wow, looked back at the prev. Halo|OTs| it's a lot cleaner and less cluster fucked without random irrelevant crap in comparison to 6-7-8.
"The Juniors have land on the sacred ring And desecrated it with their filthy footsteps."

Woorloog

Banned
Who knows what Halo 4 will be like in split screen at all? Reach doesn't fill me with confidence that it's a priority in the current market.

I really hope Halo 4supports 2 player splitscreen for campaign, Spartan Ops and War Games (most playlists). I don't mind if they drop 3-4 player support, more than 2 per console doesn't work in Reach so i doubt it would work in Halo 4.

Akai__

I just heared that Halo 4 had a small presence at Gamescom. They showed the video which was shown at Comic Con and which IGN released a few days ago. That's all I've heared about Halo 4 at Gamescom. Maybe someone, who attended, can tell us more.

Wow, looked back at the prev. Halo|OTs| it's a lot cleaner and less cluster fucked without random irrelevant crap in comparison to 6-7-8.
"The Juniors have land on the sacred ring And desecrated it with their filthy footsteps."
You should have seen what this place was like five years ago.

Woorloog

Banned
After this thread, we've posted 300k posts since Reach OT1.
300k posts in two years.
Wonder if Halo 4 will net new Halo fans, making subsequent threads move even faster...

Gui_PT

HaloGAF used to be awesome because it had cool/friendly people in it and that's why people wanted to join.

Then HaloGAF started getting their things posted on B.net like HaloGAF's Halo 3 montage and gifs or other videos and all the little kids wanted to join because OMG IT'S COOL AND FAMOUS.

Quality posts, kids. Not quantity.

Discuss instead of just posting a stupid image or ending every post with CONFIRMED.

FyreWulff

300k posts in two years.
Wonder if Halo 4 will net new Halo fans, making subsequent threads move even faster...

Won't there be a separate Halo 'community' thread and then the Halo 4 thread for Gaming side that absorbs all the omg-spoiler-i'mplayingthegamenow posts?

Then again, I come from a forum that had two separate Halo communities in the Gaming Forum and it's equivalent of the Off Topic forum.

ps holy shit rocksmith bass (heckfu bonus content)

I really hope Halo 4supports 2 player splitscreen for campaign, Spartan Ops and War Games (most playlists). I don't mind if they drop 3-4 player support, more than 2 per console doesn't work in Reach so i doubt it would work in Halo 4.

Has 4 split been mentioned in any way? I've lost track on that front.

Slaker117

Has 4 split been mentioned in any way? I've lost track on that front.

Found this. Info is back from E3, so things might have changed a bit since then.
In the downtime between sessions, I had a chance to speak with Halo 4 Lead Designer Kevin Franklin. He shared that split-screen co-operative gameplay will return to Halo 4's campaign, but that 343 is not yet sure if it will be playable for more than two players on one television. There has been no decision yet on whether Spartan Ops will be playable in split-screen. Adversarial multiplayer will allow local split-screen, and will let you to take friends online in split-screen as well. Similarly to campaign co-op, a player count has yet to be finalized. Either way, it's good to know that yet another Halo staple will remain a part of Halo 4.

300k posts in two years.

Well if 4 ends up like Reach a lot of people may leave. I lurked from the time the Heroic map pack came out in H3 to like 2011 I think. Most of the people who posted then are long gone(which is a shame because this place was much more enjoyable to read back then). Hopefully Halo 4 is good enough where that doesn't happen this time though.

Striker

Well if 4 ends up like Reach a lot of people may leave. I lurked from the time the Heroic map pack came out in H3 to like 2011 I think. Most of the people who posted then are long gone(which is a shame because this place was much more enjoyable to read back then). Hopefully Halo 4 is good enough where that doesn't happen this time though.
Life happens. People move on, whether it be related to gaming or in general.

And the poster count then seemed tiny in comparison to today's number.

m23

Having split screen is very important to me, frequently play splitscreen with my brother and with even more when people are over. Happy to see 2 player split screen is in, just hope that it works for Spartan Ops and that 4 player split screen is still there.

Halo 3 and Reach always had the black lines on the side when I played split screen, hopefully those are gone now since the game is in HD.....am I getting that right?

a zoojoo

Banned
Let's be honest, your post legacy can die in a fire

Pop is backpacking my legacy.
We'll bang ok?
image.php

Also, i have a question for based frankie/ellis, does the Operator mod take affect only if you drive a vehicle, or only if you are in one?

FyreWulff

Having split screen is very important to me, frequently play splitscreen with my brother and with even more when people are over. Happy to see 2 player split screen is in, just hope that it works for Spartan Ops and that 4 player split screen is still there.

Halo 3 and Reach always had the black lines on the side when I played split screen, hopefully those are gone now since the game is in HD.....am I getting that right?

The black bars were to keep the aspect ratio/FOV mostly normal from what I remember.

Why wouldn't split screen be implemented? Would be kind of a dick move for 343 not to implement it.

They definitely need split screen, it's a Halo feature. 2 or 4 players split would both be possible, but only 343 would have the telemetry to know what kind of decision they could make on that.

a zoojoo

Banned
For all you peeps anticipating MCR, i've been busy as fuck this last week, but i just finished mastering the audio*, now onto the edit!

*Things that still have to be done with the master:
- Add a vocal enhancer
- Tweak the levels slightly
- Normalize it

This all is going to take me a couple more hours.

The sound quality is bad, which is my fault for making the decision for doing it over XBL, but it is a learning experience, and i will apply everything i learned to next month, skype fo lyfe.

I want on ManCannon Radio. Skype or die.

Shit, i gotta make a list.

Right now, i got:
- Heckfu
- Monsterfracas
- Karl
- Stinkles
i wish
- jEllis
i also wish

Also, how do you navigate to the Who Posted page?

a zoojoo

Banned
From the forum page, find the thread you are interested in and click on the number of replies on the right.

Appriciate it.

HOLY FUCK, i need to slow down.

Hmm, my car implodes, I go car shopping all day, come home, sleep and wake up to see a new OT? Im gonna go out on a limb and guess I didn't miss anything?

I posted alot of thing that CONTRIBUTED TO THE CONVERSATION AT HAND.

Ramirez

Hmm, my car implodes, I go car shopping all day, come home, sleep and wake up to see a new OT? Im gonna go out on a limb and guess I didn't miss anything?

IHaveIce

Banned
I just heared that Halo 4 had a small presence at Gamescom. They showed the video which was shown at Comic Con and which IGN released a few days ago. That's all I've heared about Halo 4 at Gamescom. Maybe someone, who attended, can tell us more.

Yeah, I was there today. It was hilarious, in the Entrance Section they showed a lot of games on a screen that were there, suddenly they showed Halo 4 Multiplayer matches Videos, many of the crowd started to celebrate, till a man said "No guys, Halo 4 isn't here"

I don't understand how the guys here talk so much when 343 releases so little. I just skimmed through the last 10 pages of the last thread and nothing was said, (well U4IX made some entertaining posts, which actually ring true in my opinion) im guessing the first 10 pages of this thread where just "oh yay new thread" posts.

They did leak/show the armour you get for the special editions of the game, I am a lot more interested in the other stuff though, like the Infinity manual or whatever its supposed to be.

u4iX

Anyone else thing the gas tanks in the back of the Warthog will make it a one-shot kill and will serve as a "weak spot" for the recently buffed up H4 vehicles?

Top Bottom