• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Anyone else thing the gas tanks in the back of the Warthog will make it a one-shot kill and will serve as a "weak spot" for the recently buffed up H4 vehicles?

They are not gas tanks, they contain water if I remember correctly.

Only Michael Bay could make water explode out of nothing.

Gray Man

Banned
Im Ray Charles to the zoojoo

piano.png

Now in all seriousness Ray Charles is the man.

HaloGAF used to be awesome because it had cool/friendly people in it and that's why people wanted to join.

Then HaloGAF started getting their things posted on B.net like HaloGAF's Halo 3 montage and gifs or other videos and all the little kids wanted to join because OMG IT'S COOL AND FAMOUS.

Quality posts, kids. Not quantity.

Discuss instead of just posting a stupid image or ending every post with CONFIRMED.

You know, I just lurk but I agree with this. This is more of a chat topic for Halo fans rather than a Halo OT.

Welp, at least I got in under the first 500 posts, so I've got that going for me.

Also, I hope Halo 4 has something similar to the Chopper. I miss doing things like this:

8FLRv.jpg

a zoojoo

Banned
You missed 170ish a zoojoo posts, but other than that, nothing.

Did you select a vehicle?

Sorry to hear about that Ramirez, every thing will work out for the best.

AND IT's ONLY 25 POSTS.
What else am i supposed to do while i let this audio render?

And i think he is trying to say he ignored me but whatever.

Hmm, my car implodes, I go car shopping all day, come home, sleep and wake up to see a new OT? Im gonna go out on a limb and guess I didn't miss anything?
Did you catch the Halo 4 LE and Console exclusive stuff? If not:
And then the usual stuff happens: People freaked out about pre-order stuff etc.

@Lous Wu: It's definitely too late but a funny thing about the Warthog video, TheOddOne posted yesterday: 343i employee Dan Sarkar "pimped" the Warthog.

Did you catch the Halo 4 LE and Console exclusive stuff? If not:

And then the usual stuff happens: People freaked out about pre-order stuff etc.

@Lous Wu: It's definitely too late but a funny thing about the Warthog video, TheOddOne posted yesterday: 343i employee Dan Sarkar "pimped" the Warthog.

Soo goooood. I guess my post about this would be more relevant in this thread.

Reserved and payed off (at GameStop... I hate them too but I want it at midnight and they are in walking distance.)

It got pretty expensive, but it will be worth it :)

Halo 4 UNSC Controller 65
Limited Edition game 99
Limited Edition Halo 4 Console 399

The only downside to this is the game is standard edition, and it comes with two of the same controller, not one of each design. I'm buying the limited edition of the game as well and turning in my standard from the box for credit towards it.

I'm also buying the stand alone controller. So if anyone is interested I'm going to sell one of the two that come with the console.

Super excited. My luanch console is prob on its last legs (lucky it still works no RRoD yet), either way I want HDMI and my HDD is maxed out. So I need a new 360.

Louis Wu

It's hydrogen fuel cell, even more explosive if I shoot it right?
Nope. Even today, fuel cells are pretty inert - the hydrogen is held in a matrix of other stuff. This ain't no Hindenburg. (I'd assume it would only get safer in 500 years.)

Yeah, that was pretty obvious from looking at how fast it went. :)

I'd be interested. I was thinking about getting the standalone controller already, but I like the design on the console one better.

Haha I like the UNSC slightly more and the girlfriend gets the in box one which she prefers. I have no need for the extra controller so I figured I'd sell it. I wanted to see if anyone on GAF was interested since GameStop offers only 30$. I'd be willing to sell it for 40$

Anyone wanna play some Reach?

Not take this off topic, but you ever played bioshock 2 MP.

I figured you might be the guy to ask, was there a competitive scene for it?

I'll be sticking on it as my main MP till 4 hits I think. More people should join me.

Slaker117

Haha I like the UNSC slightly more and the girlfriend gets the in box one which she prefers. I have no need for the extra controller so I figured I'd sell it. I wanted to see if anyone on GAF was interested since GameStop offers only 30$. I'd be willing to sell it for 40$

That sounds good. Remember my name at launch and I'd be happy to buy it off you.

u4iX

I'll be sticking on it as my main MP till 4 hits I think. More people should join me.

I actually never played it, but I know there was a group of MLG forum members who had nothing but great things to say about the MP.

Not sure that it ever really "blew up" with competitive players, but it was definitely a solid MP experience.

I think as far as underrated competitive games that deserved way more exposure, Red Faction: Guerrilla is WAY up there.

Gazzawa

I tried to get a game in that once. Waited in a lobby for 15mins. Didnt happen. Don't have it now. Halo wars

I actually never played it, but I know there was a group of MLG forum members who had nothing but great things to say about the MP.

Not sure that it ever really "blew up" with competitive players, but it was definitely a solid MP experience.

I think as far as underrated competitive games that deserved way more exposure, Red Faction: Guerrilla is WAY up there.

Great game, seems like a fairly thought out game, when you consider the plasmid (abilities) use, and they way you and your team can interact with each others. The weapons are greatly balanced in that respect. Also, yes, Guerilla was fantastic in MP, use to play some with Pennybags.

I tried to get a game in that once. Waited in a lobby for 15mins. Didnt happen. Don't have it now. Halo wars

I've never had a problem with the population, even now, I've just played for 40 minutes on turf war (6 v6 ), I had to initially wait for 5 mins till it got enough.

Edit: Lol, just got some hate mail on it.

Karl2177

Karl check PMs

Done.

One last repost, about ten minutes from now.

So for those still needing the "Don't Touch That!" achievement(Defiant One-Flag), this Saturday I'm gonna be on around noon-ish CST. I'm gonna uninstall Noble and Anniversary, so the only DLC that shows up is Defiant. We'll need a group of 10 people to go into Team Objective. Who is up for it?

Players
-Karl2177
-TCKaos
-Mister Negative
-Hypertrooper
-Tawpgun
-The Real Napsta
-Dax01
-
Alternates
-DesertFox
-Gui

If everyone shows up, we're still one person short.

Tawpgun

Done.

One last repost, about ten minutes from now.

If everyone shows up, we're still one person short.

I'll be on in a bit. Gimme like 10 minutes, gotta get up to the final boss in Dust, save point, and then ill join.

Douche boss made me go back and do sidequests and other stuff I missed in order to stand a chance.

a zoojoo

Banned
Mastrbiggy i think your twitter got hacked. You should change your password.

If any of you are getting DM from him on twitter, disregard ASAP, it's spam.

DeadNames

Banned
He might not have 400 bucks to drop
I really hope nothing is locked away either

If thats a trend Ive been missing Im gunna be pissed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 343 said that all the bonuses available from pre-ordering certain things would be available for those that didn't. I just hope that we don't have to shell out money. 'dat FOTUS armor...

Anyone else thing the gas tanks in the back of the Warthog will make it a one-shot kill and will serve as a "weak spot" for the recently buffed up H4 vehicles?
Even if it was gas, shooting it wouldn't cause an explosion. That only happens in movies.

Top Bottom