• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

TheOddOne

Disc two has a documentary on how Overdoziz lost his balls, narrated by Elzar, with a foreword written by Kyle. Hypertrooper did the camera work. Producers are Dani and Ghaleon. Directed by FyreWulff.

ibj7XZjRNCFCv3.gif

THE GRASS.

ITS SO...

B. E. A. UTIFUL!

So who is green visor dude? Is this a Spartan IV?
Neither Spartan IV or the Chief. Normal soldier or new class.
ibj7XZjRNCFCv3.gif

THE GRASS.

ITS SO...

B. E. A. UTIFUL!
My favorite scene of the ViDoc. Especially the short view into the valley. It screams: You loved Halo? You will love this level.
<3

You know me so well, Hyper.
You are the only one who thinks I am rude. Now I feel sorry for being rude to nillapuddin. Thanks arse.

I hope that there are more than 3 promethean enemy classes. Seems like a little small when you compare them to the Covenant.

Liked the vidoc even though I'd rather would've had a multiplayer one.

FyreWulff

I reckon the UNSC has simply moved to full helmets. Or maybe the guy's some sort commando, new version of ODST or "unknown envinronment trooper"?

You'd think the UNSC would equip everyone will full face armor, considering they were fighting an enemy with entirely plasma based weapons.

By the way, if anyone has the time and a Steam account, vote for this game to be greenlit. Full disclosure: I programmed the level editor for this game, and it's the one I've mentioned before about how it got it's XBLA version cancelled.
Daddy needs more royalties

Elzar said he was saving himself for me!

He says that to everyone!

Omni

The grass goes through him, you'd think a ton super spartan would flatten grass when he stands on it, yet it goes through his body.
Because something like that is totally plausible in a game as big as Halo 4, on a console with 7 year old hardware and 512mb of RAM.

oh wait

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
You'd think the UNSC would equip everyone will full face armor, considering they were fighting an enemy with entirely plasma based weapons.

By the way, if anyone has the time and a Steam account, vote for this game to be greenlit. Full disclosure: I programmed the level editor for this game, and it's the one I've mentioned before about how it got it's XBLA version cancelled.
Daddy needs more royalties

He says that to everyone!

Voted for dat game :)

ViDoc was pretty awesome, would like to see additional ViDoc's in the near future :) Would like playable game on Nov. 6th. Make it happen 343!

Well with those campaign graphics, they should be able to fix something as little as that.

What?

Firstly, Graphics &#8800; Aesthetics[1][2].

Secondly, grass has no collision detection, and adding any kind of bounding box would be a ridiculously expensive chunk out of the collision budget.

And anyway, who looks at their feet during campaign gameplay?

Shadders

What?

Firstly, Graphics &#8800; Aesthetics[1][2].

Secondly, grass has no collision detection, and adding any kind of bounding box would be a ridiculously expensive chunk out of the collision budget.

And anyway, who looks at their feet during campaign gameplay?

You could do it with a shader, wouldn't necessarily need to be a 1-to-1 collision mesh.

It would be so much more beautiful if it flattened when he stood on it, but it seems to come into his crotch and out his ass...
Look again. One blade of grass is bent as he walks over it and it springs back as he moves forward.

but thanks for finding the most inane thing to bitch about.

Omni

You could do it with a shader, wouldn't necessarily need to be a 1-to-1 collision mesh.

That would be quite odd, no?

Regardless, it's just a waste of resources... It's not like grass is overly prominent in general Halo environments anyway. That footage looks like a cutscene.

Look again. One blade of grass is bent as he walks over it and it springs back as he moves forward.

but thanks for finding the most inane thing to bitch about.

He's just venting his anger after thinking Narrows was being remade. It was the only thing hyping him for Halo 4.

Top Bottom