• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

bobs99 ... said:
Hmm thats true, Modern Warfare 2 had millions of people playing and I dont think the first glitch was found almost a month until after release.

That's what I mean.

Weapon balancing can be sorted out at retail.

I care about the hackers, and cheaters more than weapon balancing. Patches can easilt take care of weapon balancing. At least the game can still be played in a semi-fun manner and new strategies can arise to counter the weapon imbalance, different modes can be played too.

But the hackers just ruin the game for EVERYONE, no matter what mode they're in.

With the Beta only running for two weeks, a couple of small glitches MAY be found, but the real fucken prick cheats and hakcers will now run rampant on the retail release a la Modern Warfare 2.

GhaleonEB said:
Ah, that's right. I'd forgotten that it was a bug specific to the Crackdown implementation, not with the Beta on Live
because I was busy playing via the F&F code
. Still, the ODST method of download has been tested with the Intel menu content already released, so it should go smoother.
Also, they won't have to work with a third company based in Scotland (Realtime Worlds) if something does go wrong.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Imperial Hot said:
I am in so many contests for a beta code.

I am not going to win any of them.
:lol This is how I feel. Though in the off chance I do somehow snag some extras, I'll definitely hook some GAFfers up.

Plywood said:
:lol This is how I feel. Though in the off chance I do somehow snag some extras, I'll definitely hook some GAFfers up.
Remember me...

I much prefer the ones that have drawings instead of who can answer/respond quick enough. The fast response/first to answer contest rewards those who don't have jobs or go to school.

Havok

Imperial Hot said:

I have the same feeling :lol

Its to the point where I know I'll forget to check the ones that require me to check the site for PMs or whatever because I can't possibly keep them all in my memory.

Plywood said:
Sure, if you remember me, in case I don't get any. :lol
Deal.
Havok said:
I have the same feeling :lol

Its to the point where I know I'll forget to check the ones that require me to check the site for PMs or whatever because I can't possibly keep them all in my memory.
What's worse, not winning a code, or not realizing you won a code through some obscure contest until the public beta has started/is over?

Magni

Imperial Hot said:

There are tons of us with this scenario. Some of us will get no codes. Some of us will get many codes. => HaloGAF F&F waiting list!

1. MagniHarvald

Oozer3993

Plywood said:

You know, I've always found your avatar quite fetching. *cough* *cough*

2 Minutes Turkish said:
That's what I mean.

Weapon balancing can be sorted out at retail.

I care about the hackers, and cheaters more than weapon balancing. Patches can easilt take care of weapon balancing. At least the game can still be played in a semi-fun manner and new strategies can arise to counter the weapon imbalance, different modes can be played too.

But the hackers just ruin the game for EVERYONE, no matter what mode they're in.

With the Beta only running for two weeks, a couple of small glitches MAY be found, but the real fucken prick cheats and hakcers will now run rampant on the retail release a la Modern Warfare 2.

I know what your tryin to say and I also agree that the beta is too short but some of the worst mw2 glitches were found in the first 2 weeks like the javelin glitch and the care package glitch. So even though it is only slightly over 2 weeks long, the beta is long enough to find some ridiculous glitches. But also remember this is bungie, in halo 3 i dont think there was ever a game breaking glitch like any of mw2 glitches. In the halo 3 beta they only found a few small glitches like the magnum bxr and that was it. And in halo 3 proper there was almost no significantly bad glitches. Just small insignificant ones. So if your worried about glitches like the ones found in mw2, dont be.

biosnake20 said:
But also remember this is bungie, in their halo games i dont think there was ever a game breaking glitch like any of mw2 glitches.
Uh, I consider standbying, superbouncing, getting out of maps, and that weird ghost thing people used to pull on Burial Mounds pretty "gamebreaking".

Plywood said:

Did you know that we used to have a class together. :D

Wait no, that was some else here. ;)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Imperial Hot said:
Deal.

What's worse, not winning a code, or not realizing you won a code through some obscure contest until the public beta has started/is over?
Sweet.
Oozer3993 said:
You know, I've always found your avatar quite fetching. *cough* *cough*
:lol, I can't make you any promises.

RefigeKru

Banned
I get paid on tuesday.

There aren't going to be any ODST copies left are there? Or even worse, they'll be out of my price range. /sadpanda

Loam

biosnake20 said:
But also remember this is bungie, in their halo games i dont think there was ever a game breaking glitch like any of mw2 glitches.

Halo 2 had several incredible glitches at launch, granted it never had a public beta that I'm aware of.

Magni

darkressurection said:
Oh god if you guys are really gonna start a list, make another thread. Don't crap up this one.

f516o8.jpg
You had it coming ;-)

1. MagniHarvald
2. Imperial Hot
3. rac
4. Plywood (put you myself cause you're cool :p)
5. Gui_PT
6. chapel
7. Biscuits
8. Sanjuro Tsubaki
9. B1gg_Randall
∞. darkressurection

Gui_PT

rac said:
I need to be on that.

HaloGAF F&F waiting list!

1. MagniHarvald
2.Imperial Hot
3.rac

You guys think of the most stupid and idiotic thngs

1. MagniHarvald
2. Imperial Hot
3. rac
4. Plywood
5.Gui

Edit: Ghal, when did you say this thread would reach 6k posts? I think you may have gotten it wrong =P

Chinner

Banned
After many days work and a 10 hour stretch in the library today, got my work ready for tomorrows deadline. I'm hoping that one of these competition or f&f deliver so that I can chill after all this work.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
MagniHarvald said:
f516o8.jpg
You had it coming ;-)

1. MagniHarvald
2. Imperial Hot
3. rac
4. Plywood (put you myself cause you're cool :p)
∞. darkressurection
Now I have to put you on my list. D:
darkressurection said:
I wasn't really talking about you so much. I was talking about the people saying "put me on the list!11!" even though the list never gets fulfilled.
Yeah, I'll doubt we'll get much codes, but I'd like to spread the Halove if I get some extras.

Shake Appeal said:
Uh, I consider standbying, superbouncing, getting out of maps, and that weird ghost thing people used to pull on Burial Mounds pretty "gamebreaking".

Oh sorry i meant to say halo 3 not the series as a whole. Standbying isnt really a game glitch it has to do with the modem and its basically in every online game in one form or another. In halo 3 it was kind of hard to get out of maps and in reach if your outside the map u r killed in a certain amount of time.

Schmitty

Chinner said:
After many days work and a 10 hour stretch in the library today, got my work ready for tomorrows deadline. I'm hoping that one of these competition or f&f deliver so that I can chill after all this work.
That's what I'm hoping for. All next week is finals, so I'd rather get it Thursday and play it over the weekend.

In a world where I had two codes, I would contrive the most labyrinthine and fiendish set of trials and trivia that HaloGAF has ever seen, ultimately rewarding only that faithful fool who was willing to jump through every last one of my ever receding, ever replenishing, and forever flaming hoops.

It would be the Calvinball of giveaway contests.

RefigeKru said:
I get paid on tuesday.

There aren't going to be any ODST copies left are there? Or even worse, they'll be out of my price range. /sadpanda

There will almost always be some cheap copies online. Its 30 bux new in amazon and even cheaper if used.

Chinner

Banned
Schmitty said:
That's what I'm hoping for. All next week is finals, so I'd rather get it Thursday and play it over the weekend.
Yeah I've got another deadline next Friday, so having some time to chill before would be nice. We can hope, right?

Toddler

What about those of use that wave the Halo flag high on other gaming based forums?

I don't want to take credit for the people's work here that I share (this is where all the magic happens), but i'm spreading the gospel proudly. I've even got a widely known Sony "shill" convinced to cop a 360 and Reach this fall.

Is that friendly enough?

rac said:
I need to be on that.

HaloGAF F&F waiting list!

1. MagniHarvald
2.Imperial Hot
3.rac
fuck

Please don't do a list in this thread.

Edit: I likely sounded like an asshole... I have no problem with the idea of the list, I just hate how quickly it clutters up a thread.

Top Bottom