• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

JohnIIVII

Well it finally happened. After years of swearing I would never create a twitter account these beta giveaways finally sucked me in. Bastards! :lol

Mayyhem

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Is there a rank lower than Steel?

Even if there isn't, I'm sure my suckiness will force the creation of it.

Rust.

Also, wow at 12 players still left in Halo 2.
No way, I thought they flipped the switch? :lol

No way, I thought they flipped the switch?

They did, but if you didn't turn off your Xbox you can still play Customs (it is customs, right?) until you drop your connection momentarily or lose power...or MS finally decides to boot everyone.

FourDoor

Trasher said:
And I can vouch for the A30s as well. The MixAmp is where it's at too. Can't believe I played with such crappy sound for so long. Really makes the gaming experience so much better. Just make sure you use the right mic on the A30s. Right Domino? :)

Also, just upgraded to Bungie Pro. Now I can upload some hot Reach beta footage.

I was going to get the A30s but after looking at all of the freakin wires needed to set up the Astros or similar wired headsets, I had to pass up on it. I sit about 15' from my screen so my only choice that I am stuck with is the Turtle Beach X41.

aesop

Genesis Knight said:
Just tried toothpaste the other day on a copy of Dead Space. Never works for me... Maybe I don't have the right kind of toothpaste.
Toothpaste worked for me. Use a cotton ball with the paste to basically sand out the scratches. Rinse (with cool water) and repeat until gone. After scratches are removed, coat with vasoline and wipe it off with a soft cloth.

Edit: Has to be paste. Gel won't work.

neoism

Tashi0106 said:
lol, I've been talking so much about Onyx, I'm gonna end up in Gold and just embarrass myself :lol :lol I'll stop now.
Damn does Onyx really=Pro?... I'm mean a real pro! I told my cousin Holy sHadow, about Arena, he said he'd definitely make Onyx. A few days later I watched him play some, ( he totally sucks now:lol , he hasn't played in months) In his prime, he was a breast though.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
neoism said:
Damn does Onyx really=Pro?... I'm mean a real pro! I told my cousin Holy sHadow, about Arena, he said he'd definitely make Onyx. A few days later I watched him play some, ( he totally sucks now:lol , he hasn't played in months) In his prime, he was a breast though.

If the Arena is done correctly then yes Onyx should be a "real pro". I am really looking forward to the Arena, not just for the competition but really just so I can see my division and give me something to strive for and see if I am actually improving at the game or not.

Mayyhem

neoism said:
:lol

But yeah I was hoping for getting into the Onyx division too because I feel I'm pretty good at Halo but the way Luke describes it makes me think I might have trouble getting into Gold :(

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
neoism said:

:lol

Doodis

FourDoor said:
I was going to get the A30s but after looking at all of the freakin wires needed to set up the Astros or similar wired headsets, I had to pass up on it. I sit about 15' from my screen so my only choice that I am stuck with is the Turtle Beach X41.
I've had the X4s for a while (discontinued for the X41s) and have been perfectly happy with them. I'm sure some of the other wired sets might have better sound, but convenience is more important to me. I love having the freedom of wireless. And the separate volume for in-game audio and voice chat is awesome.

+1

LQX

Are they serious with the amount of keys they are giving away? Each site seems to be claiming they only have a handful(20-30). That's like having a bag of chips to feed thousands.

Hey You

I'm surprised on how many codes are actually being given out.

I would have thought only select "Top" name game Media sites would get their hands on some codes.

Glad to see that isn't the case, more opportunities for us to snatch one up.

Ryan_IGN

Beta ends May 19, per a press release I just got from Microsoft.

The “Halo: Reach” multiplayer beta is set to be the definitive Xbox LIVE event of the spring and will run from May 3 through May 19. The beta will be accessible via the “Halo 3: ODST” game disc (an Xbox LIVE Gold membership and Internet connection are required to play). The beta will offer millions of “Halo” fans a unique opportunity to test and help refine the biggest blockbuster game of 2010.

Bungieware said:
Sadly I think I have a better chance with option 4.

I'll keep trying different brands of toothpaste first though.

Does the xbox recognise the disk at all? If so try and borrow a copy from a friend to install, that would work. If the disk isnt recognisable then your screwed, did you already shoot it or something? :lol

Oozer3993

Not a Jellyfish said:
All just wishing and high hopes I assume.

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
As dreamers do

Fate is kind
She brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
Your dreams come true

ayow3b.jpg

JdFoX187

Banned
LQX said:
Are they serious with the amount of keys they are giving away? Each site seems to be claiming they only have a handful(20-30). That's like having a bag of chips to feed thousands.
It is "Friends and family," not like you won't get into the Beta next week. Unless a Crackdown scenario happens again.

Ryan_OXM said:
That seems quite short... Especially considering all of the game types won't go online until the 14th.

Oh well, can't really complain.

bobs99 ... said:
Does the xbox recognise the disk at all? If so try and borrow a copy from a friend to install, that would work. If the disk isnt recognisable then your screwed, did you already shoot it or something? :lol

Open tray. That is all. And no, no shots fired yet.

Ryan_OXM said:

What? What was all this before about not having decided yet because they don't know how much data they'll get and how much data they need?

feel

WTF, just barely over 2 weeks.. disappointing. I'm hoping they fuck up the launch for like half a day, so we can get an extra week out of it.

LQX said:
Being that it's supposed to be just a friends and family thing, some would say they're giving away too many codes.

Top Bottom