• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Sai-kun

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I picked a hell of a day to sleep in. :lol

Me too. :lol

God dammit I was just telling my co-worker yesterday I didn't know if I wanted the Legendary Edition again. :lol :lol :lol Looks like I'm selling all my games!

bj00rn_

Banned
BTW, why the hell is Halo 3 now on "Games on Demand", Bungie adviced against putting Halo 3 on the HDD because it ran slower right. So why is it now officially supported? Anyone know?

Spasm

bj00rn_ said:
BTW, why the hell is Halo 3 now on "Games on Demand", Bungie adviced against putting Halo 3 on the HDD because it ran slower right. So why is it now officially supported? Anyone know?
Slower, as in a couple of seconds. It's not game-breakingly slower.

StUnNeR H2K

Dani said:
Funnily enough, Bungie have been very open to asking folks to find ways to exploit and cheat the Arena system during the Beta. It's an open challenge since they themselves are confident it won't break but are happy enough to put it to test.

... and I'm not implying with my comment either that I think Bungie is trying to cater to cheaters or that the Onyx level is really that... I was just poking fun at the choice of baseball player that was used to express the level of play those will be at in the highest level of arena. (in case anyone was concerned)

It's nice to see a developer humble themselves to say "hey we aren't perfect". I think one thing that other developers lack that Bungie is keen on is the relationship they have with the community, and I'm sure they will take in a lot of the feedback they receive from the BETA.

Louis Wu

Deputy Moonman said:
He gives you a free sample to get you hooked, and then you get addicted and keep coming back. Yeah, just the other day my friend got arrested for pushing Reach in a sting operation. Dangerous stuff. You might wanna warn ManCannon. :lol

the_man_is_dangerous.jpg

Raide

If someone has a moment, can they beard up my avatar? I had it for GTA, so I think Reach calls for an upgrade. :lol

cazosozey

neoism said:
So, what's the deal with the vehicles, are they making them bigger for the new Elites size, or is it just the Spartans aren't as big as Chief!?

Id say its a combination of both, they did say they made the Spartans slightly smaller for reach. Which you can really tell by comparing the warthog/ghost/ and now mongoose to them in a few shots.

kylej

Banned
TheOddOne said:

If it's anything like... every limited edition ever you'll be able to buy it for $30 this time next year. Didn't the "Halo 2 Limited Edition" sell 2+ million copies or something ridiculous? I remember listening to the Bungie podcast before Halo 3 was released and they were all talking about how the cat helmets were so limited the people in the studio couldn't get them. Don't get burned again.

LiK

kylej said:
If it's anything like... every limited edition ever you'll be able to buy it for $30 this time next year. Didn't the "Halo 2 Limited Edition" sell 2+ million copies or something ridiculous? I remember listening to the Bungie podcast before Halo 3 was released and they were all talking about how the cat helmets were so limited the people in the studio couldn't get them. Don't get burned again.
I'll be playing something else by then. Day 1

Sai-kun

Banned
Holy crap that video was full of amazing stuff. :lol It's really cool to see all the Bungie people really excited. I know every developer is usually pretty excited when they have a new game coming out, but I feel like Bungie is just super passionate about trying to make Reach the best it can be, and it shows! The assassination chain was amazing. :lol I am way too hyped for this game.

must preorder legendary. damn you bungie ;_;

kylej said:

I hope the 'Heroic' edition isnt rare, I dont want to have to pre-order just to get it. The Legendary edition should be rare though, it will suck for the people who pay so much if the thing is like half price a few months from release.

Im actually hyped about getting the limited edition version now, I hate you Bungie! Will the Legendary flaming helmet be available somehow to us non legendary buyers?

<3

big ander

Mully said:
If I bought a used copy of ODST right now do you guys think I would be able to play the beta still?
You would for sure.

Beaten twice.

Bobs: I hope the Legendary digital extras aren't available later. The exclusivity is what makes it valuable.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to see a bunch of spartans with flaming helmets running around. I just looks silly to me.

kaskade

I'm going to rent out a copy of ODST. I have this thing for Hollywood video and I can keep out the game as long as I want. Perfect for this beta. I really didn't think that I would be excited for a Halo game again.

GhaleonEB

I'm seeing a distinct lack of behind the scenes, making-of extras in these sets, which is the thing I look for the most above all else. The Halo 2 documentary was superb and I was hoping for a Reach version. :(

I'll be giving the armor codes away.

Still going for Legendary though.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
NameGenerated said:
I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to see a bunch of spartans with flaming helmets running around. I just looks silly to me.

It establishes a prejudice, kill the red heads first. I think someone has it in for Urk. :lol

If the flaming helmet is available just by buying the legendary edition I'm guessing Recon will probably be easily attainable. Hopefully it will cut down on the messages from little kids asking to help them get recon. :lol

LQX

Got damn I want...no need that Legendary Edition. I just don't want to feel like a idiot when it drops to $50 a few months later. McFarlane makes the best figures. I just hope they didn't go cheap and you can move them.

big ander said:
You would for sure.

Beaten twice.

Bobs: I hope the Legendary digital extras aren't available later. The exclusivity is what makes it valuable.

I wouldnt mind if it was a making of or something like that which was exclusive. A peice of software on the game disk I payed for being locked away from me is another story entirely. It raises an interesting question about what you pay for. I would feel as though I havent got the full 'package' despite paying the price of a full game. Im just being a hypocrite because if the flaming helmet was a Bungie only thing again I wouldnt mind.

I guess its just the fact they have the cheeck to charge for it type thing. Its ALMOST as bad as day 1 DLC. I really hope this doesnt lead onto armour permuation DLC, that would be as bad as horse armour.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm seeing a distinct lack of behind the scenes, making-of extras in these sets, which is the thing I look for the most above all else. The Halo 2 documentary was superb and I was hoping for a Reach version. :(

A flaming helmet not good enough for you? HM?

Usually I never buy Limited Edition games. The only LE games I ever bought were Halo 2 and Halo Wars (For the Mythic Map Pack :lol)

But, if Bungie is going all out with Halo Reach, their last Halo game, I might as well give them their well-deserved money by shelling out the $150 for Legendary Edition of the definitive Halo game.

watership

If you want to DIE LAUGHING, watch the new viddoc on youtube with transcribe audio ON.
It works relatively well, except when the Lukes speak. Then it goes batshit insane.

ManCannon

Mully said:
If I bought a used copy of ODST right now do you guys think I would be able to play the beta still?

The Reach beta has special provisions to only work on BRAND NEW RETAIL copies that generate sales directly benefitting Bungie, LLC.

Ok, that's a lie.. any functional ODST campaign disc will do.. but used games make baby Marty cry.

GhaleonEB said:

SHOTGUN! (For the flaming helmet that is).

I guess you already have someone in mind, but its worth a try :lol

Youtubes captioning is amazing, thats so funny.

big ander

ManCannon said:
The Reach beta has special provisions to only work on BRAND NEW RETAIL copies that generate sales directly benefitting Bungie, LLC.

Ok, that's a lie.. any functional ODST campaign disc will do.. but used games make baby Marty cry.
Poor baby Marty.
Marty-Air-Violin.gif

GhaleonEB

bobs99 ... said:
SHOTGUN! (For the flaming helmet that is).

I guess you already had someone in mind, its worth a try :lol
No to the spoiler part - I'll just ask in the thread on release day and the first to yell dibs gets them.

So, Race is elevated to a standalone gametype according to the ViDoc. They're really going all out; with Griffball included that's a crazy number of total game types to customize.
vhfive said:
the lukes are fucking awesome
We need a sound clip consisting only of his mouth noise sound effects.

Oozer3993

GhaleonEB said:

I'm hoping this means the Developer's Skull has been greenlit for the game.

P.S. I'll take the codes :D

A McFarlane Toys scuplted diorama? Yes fraking please! I'm reserving the Legendary Edition ASAP.

But I agree with Ghal, the lack of behind the scenes documentaries is a bummer.

Hugbot

The months between the beta ending and launch are going to be the worst months of all. That legendary edition looks amazing, and I was really happy with the quality of H3's (overproduction and subsequent firesales notwithstanding). The wait for the beta's going to be even worse.

Top Bottom