• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

S1kkZ

Reluctant-Hero said:
A McFarlane Toys scuplted diorama? Yes fraking please! I'm reserving the Legendary Edition ASAP.

But I agree with Ghal, the lack of behind the scenes documentaries is a bummer.
has mcfarlane toys done sculptures before? the lack of behind the scenes stuff pisses me off. why bungie, WHY?

Spasm

Haven't seen this mentioned, but over on CAG, they've got a 15% off deal at Gamestop, which puts the Legendary Edition at $127.49 before tax/shipping.

Still, I think I'm going to stick to Amazon... Providing they get off their lazy asses and put the Legendary Edition up SOON.

Edit: Nevermind. From Gamestop's product page, "This product is not eligible for %-off discount offers." Even though it's showing up in my cart at 127.49, it's likely to get 'fixed'.

Devin Olsen said:
Just showed the vidoc to a co-worker and then ten minutes later I get this in an email from him :lol

http://imgur.com/SfubX.png[/IMG

So good[/QUOTE]
I'm doing some Calculus homework right now and the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that graph was "Alright...Is this the original function or a graph of its first derivative?"

I need Reach now.

Jex

I remeber Halo 3 launch night and people were buying all three SKU's at once. I mean dammnnn.

I picked up Legendary edition that day. Never again, even though this edition looks hella sweet.

Ramirez

Dirtbag said:
Yeah the mongoose looked silly to me, but its probably that big to fit them big ole elites.
I think its the first time I can say, I preferred the Halo 3 aesthetic

They look like actual ATVs now...:p

GhaleonEB said:
No to the spoiler part - I'll just ask in the thread on release day and the first to yell dibs gets them.

Thats really nice of you, I have to ask why your not planning to use it yourself?

Either way I guess Reach comes out a day later for me, while everyone else here is busy playing I will be anxiously staring at this thread ready to nab the codes :lol

F5!

Pappasman

That was the best ViDoc Bungie has ever released.

I'm still on the fence about the Legendary though. The only thing i want is the flaming helmet.

I wouldn't want a flaming helmet (lol). The reasons are twofold:

1. Easy target
2. People will be stealing accounts for that shit just like Recon :(

BladedExpert said:
That's what I've been thinking about, wasn't this a big enough problem before?
Seems a bit foolish to have another armour like Recon without re-thinking the account system (I know "improvements" have been made to customer service to try avoid/stop accounts being stolen).

JesseZao

Zeouterlimits said:
Seems a bit foolish to have another armour like Recon without re-thinking the account system (I know "improvements" have been made to customer service to try avoid/stop accounts being stolen).

Except this time, those people will be glowing targets and easy to see over long distances. Boom. Headshot.

Zeouterlimits said:

People will always find a way :/

Ramirez

BladedExpert said:
I wouldn't want a flaming helmet (lol). The reasons are twofold:

1. Easy target

I'm afraid people might even try to steal F&F people's accounts if just for the extra few days of playtime.

GodLightzzzzzzzz is out there...waiting....watching...

Dirtbag said:
I prefer the smaller and more nimble looking geese... I mean half the fun of the mongoose was you could fit it anywhere.
I think I'm with Dirtbag. This'll be the first time I'm saying something like this, about liking something more in Halo 3 than from what I've seen of its counterpart in Reach, but I like the Mongoose in Halo 3 more.

Pete Rock

Zeouterlimits said:
Honestly I was pretty excited to learn that armor permutations are part of the pricier editions this time around. It's available for sale at retail, and I can only assume that means there will also be a downloadable item for an equivalent MSP later on. Eventually they rolled the Recon unlock into ODST so it's not like they didn't realize what they had on their hands, I don't expect them to make the same mistakes again.

I love how fun, and real they were in that vidoc. It makes me think that there not trying to overly sell this game, but rather trying to explain how fun the game actually is. This is awesome.

By the way, have they talked about having some sort of score (music) over the multiplayer during specific moments? Going back and playing Halo games seems very quiet, and i was just wondering if they were doing anything similar to what MW2 did.

Ramirez said:
I'm afraid people might even try to steal F&F people's accounts if just for the extra few days of playtime.

Wouldnt surprise me in the least. Jerks

Spasm

Dax01 said:
I think I'm with Dirtbag. This'll be the first time I'm saying something like this, about liking something more in Halo 3 than from what I've seen of its counterpart in Reach, but I like the Mongoose in Halo 3 more.
How gigantic were the Mongeese compared to the players in ODST? I can't find a good picture.

SIII's are roughly the same size as an ODST, while an SII is usually a foot taller, right? So if Jorge sits in a Mongoose, does it look right?

Ramirez

Chip N Chance said:
I love how fun, and real they were in that vidoc. It makes me think that there not trying to overly sell this game, but rather trying to explain how fun the game actually is. This is awesome.

By the way, have they talked about having some sort of score (music) over the multiplayer during specific moments? Going back and playing Halo games seems very quiet, and i was just wondering if they were doing anything similar to what MW2 did.

Don't think music will ever be a part of MP, Marty has explained why before, I don't quite remember the reasoning, maybe that it's impossible to actually score something that is so dynamic? Or maybe they just like the audio as sterile and clean as the environments...

I think flaming heads should be kept to the bungie staff and contest winners only, it's so unique and makes you more obvious to be head shot from afar that you would be silly wearing it in the higher tiers of online ranking. At least the elite armour doesn't have plasma flowing off it...or does it? :S

Pappasman

If i get the flaming helmet i would feel obligated to always use it since i paid 150 for it. Screw the flames, i'll go for the limited edition instead.

Presco

Oozer3993 said:
I'm hoping this means the Developer's Skull has been greenlit for the game.

It must be something like this. No way they release their final Halo game without some sweet extras. Guarantees I won't be shelling out for the Legendary edition though.

neoism

Devin Olsen said:
Just showed the vidoc to a co-worker and then ten minutes later I get this in an email from him :lol

SfubX.png

So good
:lol :lol :lol

The ViDoc was freaking sick! Bungie is so far ahead of everyone in terms of MP gameplay and design. I foresee Reach being the number one game on XBL for many, many years to come.

chess

Ramirez said:

Last time I believe they were a one download to one box only code. Once used you couldn't redownload again even with the same gamertag on another console. The random hate messages from members of the community where mine was gifted to me was pretty bad though. It was even worse when crackdown failed at the start.

Flipyap

S1kkZ said:
has mcfarlane toys done sculptures before? the lack of behind the scenes stuff pisses me off. why bungie, WHY?
Before they started making some of the most articulated action figures with the Halo license, almost every McFarlane Toys ... toy was basically a plastic statue.

As for Halo statues - Yeah, they make those, too.

U2NUMB

timmytheman123 said:
Do the vidocs ever go up on the XBLM? because youtube is godawfully slow. So slow that I want to stab someone in the face.

Its on there right now.. I just watched it over lunch. It was in the video section.. has its own tab. And its beautiful!

Magni

Thank you Amazon, Legendary and Normal edition bought for 145£ including shipping to two different addresses in France :D

Popeck

Dani said:
Something? Dunno (before Revenge)

vlcsnap-2010-04-22-10h34m32s123.png

Do you mean the needler kill medal, the pink one?

Opportunist - Kill someone while he is reloading
Close call - Kill someone while being without shields
Headcase - Headshot a sprinting enemy

GhaleonEB

bobs99 ... said:
Thats really nice of you, I have to ask why your not planning to use it yourself?
1) I don't really care for stuff like that. I gave away the Johnson code from ODST as well.

2) In Reach, armor is earned. I enjoy that meta-RPG kind of approach, and I'll enjoy gradually acquiring all of the various armor components. Odds are slim I'd ever slap on the Legendary DLC, as I'll be wanting to wear that helmet I spent a week saving up for instead.

3) I like giving stuff away. It makes someone happy, which makes me happy. I'm weird like that.

Popeck said:
Do you mean the needler kill medal, the pink one?

Opportunist - Kill someone while he is reloading
Close call - Kill someone while being without shields
Headcase - Headshot a sprinting enemy
Awesome medals. Love the Opportunist. :lol

So are Race and Juggernaut in the public Beta?

Very silly question incoming.

Can I get a F&F code JUST so I can pre load the beta for May 3rd? :D

I pinky promise I won't play until the 3rd.

I mean come on, This is a face you can trust

moustashe.jpg

Gowans

It looks so slick, I can't wait to get back into Halo again.

Dying to get into the Arena too, I'll have fun in my low league.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Schmitty said:
Can Brian, Luke or Urk confirm if you got a F&F for Halo 3 that you will get it for Reach?

Negative, Ghost Rider. We'll be handling the delivery a little bit differently this year.

New thread get!

Really liked the new ViDoc.

Less than 2 weeks baby.

edit: oh and hopefully it there won't be a delay like for the Crackdown users *cue my really old GIF on the subject*.

yourfault.gif

Top Bottom