• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

electricpirate said:
Damn, I figured having that cirque de soliel event separate would keep those awful sounding Kinect games out of the main conference. Disappointed are I.

If that is the price I have to pay to see Reach, it's fine.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
-Yeti said:
I think I'm one of the only few that likes the new redesign. :lol

However, 'Kinect' sounds horrible, and I can't believe there will be a game called 'Kinectimals'.

I mean, it's not bad, it's just not what I expected honestly. I wanna see better photos and videos of it though. At this point, unless it has features that I absolutely would need, I wouldn't get it unless my current 360 broke. Bigger HDD, built in wifi or a quieter disc drive won't cut it. Actually, there's nothing that they could throw in there that would make me buy it while my current 360 is working. I wonder if a new controller will be revealed as well.

I bet people will be excited for Reach+360 Redesign bundles this fall though.

Also, fuck leaks. I hate being spoiled about this shit. I hate you GAF!!!

<3

GhaleonEB said:
This will be in the archives. Quite possibly the most insane E3 thread ever.

This is my first E3 as a Gaffer and I can't believe how insane things can get here. Having said that, I can't wait to see what unfolds this week.

Tashi

You know how I know it's E3??

11gpzx0.png

:lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Blueblur1 said:
Sitting the chat with a couple of the boys and constantly F5-ing that thread. E3 is here, fellas. :lol

You guys don't have the auto updater that's listed in the offtopic forums? That thing is awesome.

Nutter

Tashi0106 said:
These natal and 360 redesign leaks have gotten me down about the MS conference but im still pumped for some Reach
How come?

Yeah I am not interested in Kinect aka Natal, but the redesign could be good, we need a reference put against the new design to see how small it really is, I will be buying a new 360 this fall :) the current one freezes up a bit too much. Also the rest of the MS conference is going to be packed with games so I am up beat about everything else. But Tuesday morning Zelda Trailer will be the highlight of E3 for me this year. :p

Tashi

Nutter said:
How come?

Yeah I am not interested in Kinect aka Natal, but the redesign could be good, we need a reference put against the new design to see how small it really is, I will be buying a new 360 this fall :) the current one freezes up a bit too much. Also the rest of the MS conference is going to be packed with games so I am up beat about everything else. But Tuesday morning Zelda Trailer will be the highlight of E3 for me this year. :p

Because if my current 360 is still working as it is, I have no reason to buy a new one. I'm way more interested in the busines, sales and marketing side of it than actually owning one.

And yea, if Nintendo announces Zelda, they win E3 lol

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
Because if my current 360 is still working as it is, I have no reason to buy a new one. I'm way more interested in the busines, sales and marketing side of it than actually owning one.

Zelda is a lock at E3.

Nutter said:
How come?

I personally like the new design.

Looking forward to everything E3 right now, hoping for a Bungie Aerospace announcement :)

Tashi

Ramirez said:
Zelda is a lock at E3.

I hope so. But knowing Nintendo, we'll get a teaser, and then that's it. This is how Nintendo's conference will go down on Tuesday.

First they will engage in the art of sucking their own dick. They'll talk about sales, sales of the Wii, sales of the DS. Sales of first party games. EXPANDING THE MARKET. Important stuff, but fucking boring as shit.

Then, new DS games. Then 3DS. Then new Wii games. Vitality sensor demo for the lolz. Metroid demo which I hope is good. I'm still on the fence about this game. Maybe they'll show some other "Core" games.

Then new casual first party game.

K thanx byeeeee

"But wait!" says Miyamoto. Crowd orgasms because they know what's coming.
Too obvious, not funny
Then awesome Zelda trailer plays and it's fucking sick. Awesome music, cool classic gameplay with some new shit mixed in. Delivers on what people want.

Then everyone on the internet claims Nintendo had the best conference.

The things I'm most excited from all the conferences are these...

MS:
Reach & any new Halo related stuff
GoW 3 (Has a lot to prove to me)
Crackdown 2
I'm calling a demo coming tomorrow
Cool Natal shit that gamers will like
XBL upgrades
Maybe some cool XBLA games

Sony:
The Last Guardian
Legit GT5 release date
Some new Kingdom Hearts stuff

Nintendo:
Zelda
3DS
Pokemon

Ramirez

I'm really hoping the Reach demo is just head and shoulders above what we're used to seeing in a Halo campaign, just a few more hours. :D

EazyB

Banned
Going in to the lab for the first time tomorrow so I'm not sure how much of the conference I'm going to catch. It'll be fun catching up regardless.

GhaleonEB said:
If you guys aren't following the Kinect thread, you are missing out. Holy mother of.....:lol
It was something wonderful to wake up to, for the laughter and facepalm-ing.
Odd ting of sadness at just how terrible the event was, I pity those who had to wear the ponchos, journos, devs & all. The Itagaki picture says it all.

Zeouterlimits said:
It was something wonderful to wake up to, for the laughter and facepalm-ing.
Odd ting of sadness at just how terrible the event was, I pity those who had to wear the ponchos, journos, devs & all. The Itagaki picture says it all.

Can't be bothered, have a link? :D

Wizman23

Banned
I bet Reach kicks off the show just like Cliffy B kicked of the MS press conf. in 2008 with the Gears 2 demo.

I'm SO hyped for this considering we know absolutely nothing about the campaign other then what we saw from Vidoc 1.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:

I used to be a huge fan of Zelda, OOT is still my favorite game of all time, but since that piece of crap Wind Waker I can't get excited about another Zelda game. I tried with twilight princess, but I didn't get far since I got a definite "trying to be OOT" vibe from it.

Here's hoping they show us something that will stand out this time.

My biggest things to be excited for this E3 are Reach, Gears 3, Killzone 3, and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Anything else is icing. :D

Unfortunately I'm not going to get to take part in most of the E3 banter here, my son is sick and thus I will mostly be away from the computer. Oh well.

WJD

wwm0nkey said:
So yeah who wants a Reach pin if I get a lot durring E3...and I mean A pin not a set, just 1 lol.
Yes please. Further cementing you as my favourite poster after the beta code too :lol

Top Bottom