• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

S1kkZ

ToyMachine228 said:
I doubt it'll be Halo Wars 2 if there's anything outside of Reach. The developers are now closed, and I'm not sure there is a huge clamor for a sequel, despite the fact that it was definitely decent and sold decently.
-the developers were split into 2 new teams and still support halo wars 1.
-halo wars was a million seller (2.5m worldwide i think), which is pretty damn good for a console rts.

ToyMachine228 said:
I doubt it'll be Halo Wars 2 if there's anything outside of Reach. The developers are now closed, and I'm not sure there is a huge clamor for a sequel, despite the fact that it was definitely decent and sold decently.

You never know, robot entertainment still manages the content on halo wars and it's very plausible that a second halo wars in the works.

It'd be one of the few hardcore games that natal could work well with, and i don't put it past MS to link halo to natal in some shape, way or form.

les papillons sexuels said:
It'd be one of the few hardcore games that natal could work well with, and i don't put it past MS to link halo to natal in some shape, way or form.

Pretty much this, RTS games are one are where Natal would would work really well.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Jtyettis said:
25f3a8p.jpg

http://galaxynextdoor.com/post/694391783/we-all-know-that-halo-reach-is-going-to-be-center

Old/new? Speculatioton.
:D :D :D

feel

Ramirez said:
Look at the nerdpile I created by saying something bad about a gimmicky motion control level in Galaxy 2.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21810309#post21810309

Sheesh.
Slowly playing through SMG2 right now when I have the time, and I agree, those gimmicky motion control minigame levels are awful, unnecessary garbage tainting an otherwise perfect game.

Dani said:
Hayabusa has returned in time for E3.

(Check out that re-entry! Beats the Chief's anytime.)
3983.jpg

Ramirez

Letters said:
Slowly playing through SMG2 right now when I have the time, and I agree, those gimmicky motion control minigame levels are awful, unnecessary garbage tainting an otherwise perfect game.

My God, finally someone else who isn't insane. They could leave the motion controls in, but at least give me the option to turn them off if I wish.

Schmitty

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything from the dashboard ad. If anything, I would hope there would be no other Halo announcement. The only thing I would be interested in is a balanced Halo Wars 2 on the PC as well with cross platform play. I want my Live Anywhere Microsoft!!

Were so close to the news, ive been dragged away from the net for a while so im a bit clueless, anywhere I can check out the E3 schedule? I guess ill watch the entire Xbox confernece to be fair. How/ Where are the Europeans here planning to watch it?

Ramirez

Schmitty said:
I'm not getting my hopes up for anything from the dashboard ad. If anything, I would hope there would be no other Halo announcement. The only thing I would be interested in is a balanced Halo Wars 2 on the PC as well with cross platform play. I want my Live Anywhere Microsoft!!

That would be totally fair.

Ramirez said:
My God, finally someone else who isn't insane. They could leave the motion controls in, but at least give me the option to turn them off if I wish.
Just picked it up yesterday. What world do they first appear in, so I may weigh in too?

Schmitty said:
Not getting your hopes up is working wonders. :)

Wasn't Shadowrun crossplatform? Oops.

Ramirez

Zeouterlimits said:
Just picked it up yesterday. What world do they first appear in, so I may weigh in too?

I think they begin in World 2, the rolling ball one is terrible, I didn't have much problem with the bird one, it still would have controlled better with a stick though.

JohnIIVII

Ramirez said:
I think they begin in World 2, the rolling ball one is terrible, I didn't have much problem with the bird one, it still would have controlled better with a stick though.
Of course it would have controlled better with a stick, but where is the challenge in that? You get so much more
frustration
from the game using the motion controls.
;)

-viper-

Banned
My request to Bungie would be to fix the split-screen so there are no more black bars. If Gears Of War has full screen split screen, then Halo should have no excuse either. D:

Kapura

Banned
Hey guys, I have a trivia script for the IRC channel. I'll put it up during the down times between news, as something more to do. I wanted to make a gaming or Halo related trivia script, but I want some more questions for the file. If you have any ideas for questions, please send me a PM. I'm not going to reject questions unless they really suck, so if you have any ideas, send them to me! The key to a good trivia script is a *lot* of questions. To help me more, format them like this: Question?*Answer. You can have multiple answers too: Question*Answer*Answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll try to come up with a few question tomorrow, sounds like fun.

@viper

Change the resolution to 480p, it removes the black bars although at a cost. Do what you prefer.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
-viper- said:
My request to Bungie would be to fix the split-screen so there are no more black bars. If Gears Of War has full screen split screen, then Halo should have no excuse either. D:

It was done purposely to keep the screen size proportions in check. It's a godsend.

Kibbles

Blueblur1 said:
I was thinking that he was possibly referencing Bungie Aerospace.
That's what I'm thinking. The new site with "Coming Soon" points to an E3 reveal of whatever it is.

Twitter teases... Hype Rising...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
These natal and 360 redesign leaks have gotten me down about the MS conference but im still pumped for some Reach

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Tashi0106 said:
These natal and 360 redesign leaks have gotten me down about the MS conference but im still pumped for some Reach

This, pretty much I think I will laugh at the whole rest of the conference but Reach will still give me something to be excited about.

zumphry

Banned
Not a Jellyfish said:
This, pretty much I think I will laugh at the whole rest of the conference but Reach will still give me something to be excited about.

I think the same can be said for most conferences. I'm hoping for another "ever wonder what an avatar's shoe looks like?" this year. And the return of translator guy*.

*Bungie should totally have a look alike during their part of the Microsoft conference. :lol

Tashi0106 said:

I think I'm one of the only few that likes the new redesign. :lol

However, 'Kinect' sounds horrible, and I can't believe there will be a game called 'Kinectimals'.

neoism

Dax01 said:
The health pack system is not outdated; it still works damn well in Half-Life. The health pack system forces the player to think more about how he will approach a certain encounter in order to deal the most amount of damage while receiving the least amount of damage to your underlying health. In layman's terms, I think it forces the player to be more strategic.

My favorite moment from last night.
damn I forgot about customs last night.. :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
electricpirate said:
I thought tomorrows show was kinectals (LOL) free? Hopefully, because that natal stuff looks fucking terrible.

you've seen it?

-viper-

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
It was done purposely to keep the screen size proportions in check. It's a godsend.
They should gift extra widescreen for split screen players. Makes up for the reduced range and graphics.

Top Bottom