• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Thermite

Ramirez said:
Anyone willing to take bets that the next Halo game won't have bloom, AA's, or the garbage melee system in Reach?

My BPR is only 99, 1 point away from beginning my MLG Bieber hairstyle dream!

2n9vxjl.jpg

U jelly, nub? ;P

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:
Upload it to YouTube!

Edit: Also what is the Edelman site? I googled and couldn't find anything.

The video I have is Condemmed and there is one for Unearthed there too but I think it's being uploaded. Screenshots too.

Edit: I'm getting the Unearthed one now. Slow as heck though.

Dani said:
The video I have is Condemmed and there is one for Unearthed there too but I think it's being uploaded. Screenshots too.

Edit: I'm getting the Unearthed one now. Slow as heck though.
I'm getting the Unearthed one right now, should be done in 5 minutes... I'll throw it up on my YouTube as soon as I get it.

Edit.... I am confused. The one I am downloading is 159MB, but the one on the site is showing as being 225MB.

Weird?

Holy shit, March 15. I better get back in MP training, only been doing Firefight on and off this past week.

Edit: pulling down Unearthed_BROLL.wmv now, but it'll probably be on youtube before I finish.

Uploading Unearthed_Broll.wmv right now... YouTube Estimates 2 minutes remaining on the upload.

I'll post when it's done.

Edit: It's alive!

Unearthed (Video is processing still, should update soon with HD)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:
Uploading Unearthed_Broll.wmv right now... YouTube Estimates 2 minutes remaining on the upload.

I'll post when it's done.

Edit: It's alive!

Unearthed (Video is processing still, should update soon with HD)

There's an extended 709MB version of that video on the Edelman site. I believe the Condemned one was also cut short.

Sai-kun

Banned
Dani said:
There's an extended 366MB version of that video on the Edelman site. I believe the Condemned one was also vut short.

Yeah, WMP was telling me the video was like 6:57, but it's only 1:10 or something :(

Dani said:
Yeah I think the videos were available to download before they even finished uploading them.
Yeah I'm watching them upload one right now... It's at nearly 1GB and still going.

The video I linked/uploaded is incomplete.

Sorry guys!

Edit: Downloading the full one now... 1.18GB

Edit again: Wtf they deleted the 1.18GB file and are now re-uploading a larger file.

Not sure if I should bail on the download I have now (it's 27 minutes to complete).

GhaleonEB

Unearthed looks interesting from what's up so far. A very large open area for vehicles, but the infantry space at the beginning looked pretty self-contained as well. Feels almost like two maps.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
O D I N said:
Found that while looking at your video Devin.

I think I'm most excited for Condemned. The map looks gorgeous (In the link I gave, anyone else notice the anti-gravity chamber? <3), and it seems (to me) like it would make for a great zombie map.

Delete that content dude, it's equal to pirated/torrent pre-release footage and banned.

O D I N

Dani said:
Delete that content dude, it's equal to pirated/torrent pre-release footage and banned.

My bad. :( Sorry about that. I still have much to learn I see (I can't hear the videos at work, so didn't know if there was commentary involved stating as such).

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Account Attempt #4 said:
These relatively short waits between announcement and delivery are definitely working for me. MS points ready for deployment.

Funny, I was thining March 15th seems late to me. I was expecting the maps by March 8th at the latest.

Gui_PT

For whoever might be interested:

Amazon.com's Video Game "Deal of the Day":

Halo: Reach Limited Edition - $79.99 $39.99

A 50% discount is a pretty good deal, but wait, THERE'S MORE!

Halo: Reach Legendary Edition - $149.99 $59.99

I don't think I'll have MS points to get the maps on the 15th, which would suck.(btw, is that the confirmed date?)

Edit: Forgot to mention the Deal is U.S. only.

O D I N

Devin Olsen said:
I don't follow the available helmets/etc that well... But apparently this picture confirms new armor?

USAn0l.jpg

I thought the general consensus was that this is impossible?

Edit: Condemned Press Shot

6E7D3l.jpg

Full Quality

Sweet-mother-of-baby-tap-dancing-spartans, WHAT IS THAT?

o_O It looks pretty sweet whatever it is. It doesn't even look like a mixture of other armors, plus it's kneeling, so we know it's not the Hologram trick.

I'm excited at the prospect of new armors. :D

EDIT: Is it just me (probably is) or do those knee pads look different?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:
I don't follow the available helmets/etc that well... But apparently this picture confirms new armor?

USAn0l.jpg

I thought the general consensus was that this is impossible?

Edit: Condemned Press Shot

6E7D3l.jpg

Full Quality

It's entirely possible to put new content on new maps. =)

wwm0nkey

Dani said:
It's entirely possible to put new content on new maps. =)
Yes but wouldn't really make sense to just use it on that map and have it be a different map :/

I really think they found a way around that .map restriction.

O D I N

Dani said:

Looking at it closer (thanks Dani), it looks like a mix between EOD, Gungnir, and Army/MP Helmet.

But he's kneeling... So it's not a hologram trick.

Maybe they found a way to make new helmets by combining the ones on disc? That sounds really farfetched saying it. :-/

GhaleonEB said:
Maybe it's usable in the new maps only?
From the little I know, that seems like it would be the only way adding something like armor/guns/etc would work... But having armor that only works in certain maps seems weird to me.

Edit:

wwm0nkey said:
Yeah wouldnt they need to actually change the mainmenu.map file too?

They really would have just needed to find a way around the .map restriction.
I am pretty sure there isn't a main menu.map... .map files are for only maps. The main menu could easily be changed without a title update.

I THINK.

** I say this with certainty because they change play lists/names all the time. But perhaps because that is fetched off the server it is different.

wwm0nkey

Devin Olsen said:
From the little I know, that seems like it would be the only way adding something like armor/guns/etc would work... But having armor that only works in certain maps seems weird to me.
Yeah wouldnt they need to actually change the mainmenu.map file too?

They really would have just needed to find a way around the .map restriction.

Have they already revealed what the new achievements for the map pack are? I really hope they give us something like Endure from ODST for the new map, and actually let us play it in a custom Firefight match instead of having to rely on Matchmaking.

Top Bottom