• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

CortanaV said:
Dovahkiin actually means Noble Six? Ship it.
VRO1z.jpg

Okay, I'll stop now.

bobs99 ... said:
What time is this event? If 343 are going to be there im interested! :p
343i will be there. The press server already created a new folder with an Halo: Reach sub-folder.(and Gears Of War 3). Do not expect any big annoucements. We will get only footage of the Defiant Mappack. But I could be wrong.(And I would be suprised if 343i announces sth. big today.)

(According to some gaffers, the I net will get the first information in an hour and 30minutes.)

CortanaV

Neo Member
bobs99 ... said:
What time is this event? If 343 are going to be there im interested! :p
There's a slew of things that need addressing. I wonder if the Covenant forge world will be addressed, although I'm doubting it. It's probably more stuff on the CE remake.

Blue Ninja said:
VRO1z.jpg

Okay, I'll stop now.
I'm totally saving that for future endeavors.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
So it sounds like we'll be getting a trailer today. Sweet.
Yeah, that and a release date are what I'm hoping for from the event.
Hypertrooper said:
Defiant MapPack ;)

Btw. wwMonkey you are hyping that event too much.(In my opinion) I would be happy for a complete firefight match on Unearthed video :)
In my old age, I find I reap rich benefits from reasonable expectations.

Hey You said:
http://twitter.com/#!/HaloWaypoint/statuses/40839987851173888

Does that mean the Defiant DLC or entirely new DLC?
Defiant MapPack ;)

Btw. wwMonkey you are hyping that event too much.(In my opinion) I would be happy for a complete firefight match on Unearthed video :)

Tashi0106 said:
That's interesting. Do you think that it's because matchmaking doesn't really exist in those games? You never really know who you're going to match against. Good players with high ranks, bad players with high ranks or just bad players all together.

Would you agree though that your K/D in Team Deathmatch is higher than it is in Team Hardcore though? I think that seems fair and is sort of the same issue.
To a degree I believe there is a trueskill algorithm when I play CoD. When we go in as a mixed party with a guy who is miles better than us, we usually get matched up against good players. When he leaves and we restart matchmaking, the matches in general are much easier.

Because of this underlying system, when paired with K:D ratio I do believe it would be a fair measure in Halo as well, even in objective gametypes.

Edit: Oh and I have a BPR of 54.... lol. What a difference from Halo 3. I think I care less now with Reach or something.

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:
Defiant MapPack ;)

Meh. I was hoping 343 would have more to show :/ oh well there is always Child of Eden and other stuff at the event.

EDIT: Oh also trust me I hype everything too much, just learn to ignore my hype lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Major Williams said:
To a degree I believe there is a trueskill algorithm when I play CoD. When we go in as a mixed party with a guy who is miles better than us, we usually get matched up against good players. When he leaves and we restart matchmaking, the matches in general are much easier.

Because of this underlying system, when paired with K:D ratio I do believe it would be a fair measure in Halo as well, even in objective gametypes.

Actually, I'm sorry. I'm such a dick, I didn't even realize. My CoD experiences from 4, 5 and 6 have been on PS3. I've only had limited time with the 360 versions. From what I understand there's no True Skill system on there. My bad.

Can you explain the 2nd part a little more. I'm having some trouble understanding what you're saying exactly. Are you talking about just comparing 2 players in Halo like 343 did with the BPR? To see who's the better player?

Can someone point me in the direction of where the rumors started for this Covenant Forge World?

O D I N

Blue Ninja said:
VRO1z.jpg

Okay, I'll stop now.

I'll be needing those create-a-character settings when the game comes out. :p

Looking forward to new map footage. And or anything else that would show up as a surprise would be cool too... :D

Would I be wrong assuming that BPR factors in custom games? I see that the overview has the game counts for campaign, competitive, customs etc. I think that if the BPM number were worth anything at all, it would be greatly diminished by factoring customs into the calculations.

wwm0nkey

Tashi0106 said:
Actually, I'm sorry. I'm such a dick, I didn't even realize. My CoD experiences from 4, 5 and 6 have been on PS3. I've only had limited time with the 360 versions. From what I understand there's no True Skill system on there. My bad.

Can you explain the 2nd part a little more. I'm having some trouble understanding what you're saying exactly. Are you talking about just comparing 2 players in Halo like 343 did with the BPR? To see who's the better player?

Can someone point me in the direction of where the rumors started for this Covenant Forge World?
Ended up being a bunch of BS. Sad to admit I fell for that BS :/

ncsuDuncan said:
Waypoint mobile apps are great, but what I really want is more ways to check my XBL friends list. (and I realize general XBL apps aren't 343i territory at all)

I can understand why MS wants to keep XBL integration on WP7, so I'm not holding my breath for a Friends List app on Android.

I just want better PC integration, e.g. a desktop notification when my friends sign onto XBL. Right now the closest thing is just refreshing the xbox.com page. I had hoped the Games for Windows Live download would have had friends list integration but it doesn't seem so.

openspark

Tashi0106 said:

Yeah - If you're being matched on a regular basis with people who are at or near your skill level, your K:D against these folks would show how well you fare in any competition consistently over time.

Tashi

wwm0nkey said:
Ended up being a bunch of BS. Sad to admit I fell for that BS :/

:((((((((((((

Major Williams said:
Yeah - If you're being matched on a regular basis with people who are at or near your skill level, your K:D against these folks would show how well you fare in any competition consistently over time.

Right, OK, we agree then. The problem with the current BPR is that it doesn't show what your current skill level is. It just collects all your stats (Kills, Deaths, Win %, Assists and betrayals) and spits out a number from 1-100. I think something like Divisions similar to Arena would actually work well and it's something Reach players are familiar with already.

Narpas Sword0 said:
openspark

I was thinking more of an Official XBL app for Android. I tried openspark a while ago and it just seemed too slow and clunky to be useful. Maybe it's been updated since then, I'll check it out.

Still want an XBL desktop notification program, so when I'm watching cable tv I can still see popups when friends log onto Reach.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Are we really getting a second trailer for the Defiant Map pack and a press release for the release date? I dunno, doesn't sound right. They could have put the date in the announcement trailer.

Tashi

Dani said:
Are we really getting a second trailer for the Defiant Map pack and a press release for the release date? I dunno, doesn't sound right. They could have put the date in the announcement trailer.

This is what surprised me. It says March 2011. I was thinking, "Why not just put the date if it's so close?"

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
This is what surprised me. It says March 2011. I was thinking, "Why not just put the date if it's so close?"
So they can make another announcement! Who knows, that was a weird omission. My birthday is in March but near the end of it, so as neat as that would be I'd rather it be sooner than later.

Really, I'm just hoping for a date and a long, loving look at the Firefight map.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
So they can make another announcement! Who knows, that was a weird omission. My birthday is in March but near the end of it, so as neat as that would be I'd rather it be sooner than later.

Really, I'm just hoping for a date and a long, loving look at the Firefight map.

They didn't announce the date because this map pack is your birthday gift. They didn't want to ruin the surprise!!

Meier

Apparently haven't played since 10/1/10. Damn, I need to put some more time into this.. gotta get those cheevos. I was surprised when I saw the map pack was only $10 for this. Is the next one expected to be $10 too?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
7echnicolor said:
Did anyone else see the Halo avatar gear released on the XBLM this morning?

Prelude to Halo: CE remake? Or baseless speculation? :p

Sounds like a good hint if you ask me. I just wish, if this is going to a remake, I'm hoping to be surprised.

Crucio

7echnicolor said:

Is it Halo 1 based Avatar stuff or just general? This could be a good sign.

Hey You

Meier said:
Apparently haven't played since 10/1/10. Damn, I need to put some more time into this.. gotta get those cheevos. I was surprised when I saw the map pack was only $10 for this. Is the next one expected to be $10 too?
Yes, it will be $10/800 MSP.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack – Available on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft Points on March 15, the Halo: Reach Defiant Map Pack introduces three stunning new battlefields for the most critically acclaimed shooter of 2010. Set in the heat of the legendary Battle of Reach, the three new warfronts – Condemned, Highlands and Unearthed – are primed for non-stop action in Firefight and all competitive multiplayer modes.

Halo Waypoint – Looking for more ways to share your best Halo victories with friends? Fire up Halo Waypoint on Windows Phone 7 or HaloWaypoint.com today to check out the new stat-tracking features, which allow you to share your in-game stats on the web and compare against friends from the palm of your hand.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2011...update-and-much-more-just-announced-long.aspx

7echnicolor said:

Is it free? Or does it cost space bucks? Do they look cool?

The avatar pack we got on Bungie day awhile back was the best avatar pack yet IMO - free or not.

feel

7echnicolor said:

when I turned on my xbox this morning and saw all those mark6 suits, the first thing I thought was Halo 2 full multiplayer suite on xbl arcade.

Top Bottom