• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

wwm0nkey said:
I dont think people will be flooding back in, that is mostly due to the price. Now say if the last map pack went free, then yeah a flood of people would probably come back.
Will there be a downpour of people, or just a small drizzle? Sucks that I missed the rain, I had my Dragon Age II-umbrella open.

Okay, enough water analogies. My head hurts now.

LosDaddie

Banned
FUCK that LASO run. I tried for a solid hour last night and I couldn't get past the forklift part. I just couldn't get it to park right next to the door and a Covenant on a turret kept killing me. :mad:

LosDaddie said:
FUCK that LASO run. I tried for a solid hour last night and I couldn't get past the forklift part. I just couldn't get it to park right next to the door and a Covenant on a turret kept killing me. :mad:
Active Camo and sneaky times are your best friend.

Kuroyume

Banned
One of the map packs is FF too so not too many people are excited about that. That would be like creating a map only for Rocket Race or something.

Miggytronz

last night I noticed that it seems as though the level of competition in Reach have toughened up within the last few months (I stopped playing for a bit) and are no slouches. After BLOPS released ALOT of people left (Not me) and the true die hards stayed, but man almost every other game is against high skill level people. Im not hating, i enjoy it.

OHPLEASELETITRAINONME, Its raining outside my office though.

Speaking of early access, I remember playing in 1up's game night for the 1st part of the Mythic Map pack with a certain 343 staffer.

If I recall, VHFive was there too.

Now those were the good old days!

I would enjoy the rain but I'm stuck inside a building of a problem. Hoping to have it resolved soon.

I've re-downloaded the map pack three times but I can't find the new maps when I boot up Reach, nor does it say I have more achievements. Dunno what's up.

Havok

Kuroyume said:
One of the map packs is FF too so not too many people are excited about that. That would be like creating a map only for Rocket Race or something.
It's probably unfortunate from a marketing perspective. I adore Firefight, but I think releasing separate firefight and multiplayer packs would have worked out better in the long run. But as someone that plays score attack a ton, I at least appreciate that there's firefight DLC in the first place.

minasodaboy said:
Speaking of early access, I remember playing in 1up's game night for the 1st part of the Mythic Map pack with a certain 343 staffer.

If I recall, VHFive was there too.

Now those were the good old days!
I had completely forgotten that. All those GAF Forge maps being played was really cool at the time.

Gui_PT said:
How about giving the game to someone who wants it but can't afford it?

And you could mail me the statue :D (srsly, mail me the statue, I couldn't get one for myself. Will pay for shipping kthks)
If he doesn't send it, let me know. I've got mine still in the box with all the packaging, and I'm not planning on displaying it.

lybertyboy said:
Feels like there's rain on the way.
If They Came to Hear Me Beg...

...then I will.

LosDaddie

Banned
The rain caused me to be 2min late to work today. :( There was a wrecked (wasn't too bad) and traffic in general was just a lot slower today.

Blue Ninja said:
Active Camo and sneaky times are your best friend.

I used the guide, I think, Ghal or Gui linked here. There was nothing about camo, mainly just sprinting and asssassinating a couple elites.

I did everything right up until that fucking forklift just wouldn't park right next to that gate :mad:

CyReN

xxjuicesxx said:
Me too! I found out about Expertzone through the Halo Reach exploit. I now get deals all the time because I actually work for one of the companies they support, so really I was never unlegit with the beta access. Tons of good deals I pity the people who have to pay full price for MS stuff.

Yea it's a great program if you know somewhat about there games, recently won won of their contest:)

Rained here too.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Oh my!
flooded%20house.6885.jpg

Reading through this thread it sounds like it would be a really bad idea to play with any of you guys because I'm an avid Armor Locker. I never felt like I had an extraordinary advantage and countering fellow armor lockers has never been difficult for me.

Contrary to many I love what Armor Lock brings to HALO, and I love that it becomes more beneficial when you work within the team and stay together with at least one other teammate. I also like how it stutters the pace of the overall game at various time causing players to make quick decisions and tactical changes on the fly.

Do you guys think it gives players an unbalanced advantage, or is it more of an annoying/frustrating thing?

Striker said:
What's the latest you've read?

That it's being worked on internally, and it may make late March, but most likely the headliner of the April update.

I'm just eager to see what the actual settings and gametypes are going to be. I know theres a discussion thread on it, but it would be nice to see Jeremiah post all the gametypes Bungie are testing including their settings, and get the general feedback from the community before implementation.

In other slightly less Halo related news, I have been promoted at work. I now run all the IT stuff, as well as look after the whole of Operations...which means I can finally remove the block on Bungie.net! Awesome.
Mizzou Gaming said:
Reading through this thread it sounds like it would be a really bad idea to play with any of you guys because I'm an avid Armor Locker. I never felt like I had an extraordinary advantage and countering fellow armor lockers has never been difficult for me.

Contrary to many I love what Armor Lock brings to HALO, and I love that it becomes more beneficial when you work within the team and stay together with at least one other teammate. I also like how it stutters the pace of the overall game at various time causing players to make quick decisions and tactical changes on the fly.

Do you guys think it gives players an unbalanced advantage, or is it more of an annoying/frustrating thing?

I view it as a giant SAVE ME button which I personally feel somewhat spoils the speed and tactical on the fly thinking of the game. Just my opinion of course, I'm not going to get pissed at anyone here for using it. It's part of Reach after all. :)

Miggytronz

Mizzou Gaming said:

I love ARMOR LOCK, yes at times i hate it when in Team Slayer and the entire other team spams the shit out of it but oh well. Some people though, cringe to the thought of ARMOR LOCK.

Striker

Sikamikanico said:
That it's being worked on internally, and it may make late March, but most likely the headliner of the April update.

I'm just eager to see what the actual settings and gametypes are going to be. I know theres a discussion thread on it, but it would be nice to see Jeremiah post all the gametypes Bungie are testing including their settings, and get the general feedback from the community before implementation.
Oh, I thought you read new news about it. :p

I have read he's looking into adding forged maps, and noted he liked the Guardian/Midship maps that were brought up. Hopefully he looks into a few others, like the Lockout, Warlock, and Elongation maps I have downloaded. There's an unofficial thread for it on the Optimatch forum, and they play customs on maps suited for the classic settings - only endearing to get some or most of those maps into the official playlist. The Coagulation map was great in my 8v8 game. Banshee nullified to a point of being just another vehicle due to the openness of the sky.

I view it as a giant SAVE ME button which I personally feel somewhat spoils the speed and tactical on the fly thinking of the game
It's an item that stalls gameplay, like the regen/bubble did. These types of materials don't belong in a Halo game, in my view. As of now/Reach, it's perfectly fine for BTB/Invasion. I don't care for it in any other game modes.

Crucio

So are there any chances of further precipitation?

Curious, were the Noble Achievements present in the list before IT came out as well?

Tashi0106 said:
I was gonna stream Defiant for you guys but no direct feed until Monday...sowwy
Want to play some customs now?

Edit: if anyone wants to do some Defiant Customs PM me or add me on xbl. GT - Devin Olsen

Hey You

I dunno if you guys can answer, but hows forge on the new maps? Any new forge items?

Crucio said:
So are there any chances of further precipitation?

Curious, were the Noble Achievements present in the list before IT came out as well?
In the list? They were on Bungie.net ahead of time, I'm not sure if they were visible on Xbox.com or on the 360.

Crucio

Hey You said:
I dunno if you guys can answer, but hows forge on the new maps? Any new forge items?

In the list? They were on Bungie.net ahead of time, I'm not sure if they were visible on Xbox.com or on the 360.

Yeah, I remember Bungie had posted them. Hmm.

Omg, such easy challenges today!

CyReN

Devin Olsen said:
Want to play some customs now?

Edit: if anyone wants to do some Defiant Customs PM me or add me on xbl. GT - Devin Olsen

I'm guessing you have them. Have fun with them, I'll be on Tuesday to play.

LosDaddie

Banned
UGH....are those really the achievements for the Defiant map pack?

Mizzou Gaming said:
Reading through this thread it sounds like it would be a really bad idea to play with any of you guys

Don't worry. I doubt many in HaloGAF actually play Reach.

Mizzou Gaming said:

I find that AL disrputs the "flow" of the game. That's why I don't care for it in most playlists. I'd be completely fine with AL only in vehicle playlists (BTB and Invasion).

Top Bottom