• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

GhaleonEB

Genesis Knight said:
I hope some of you guys are talking about real water rain or otherwise I am dejected.
I was being metaphorical, but I do like rainy weather. As long as it's not cold or flooding.

Today feels like a nice, warm spring rain.

wwm0nkey

GhaleonEB said:
I was being metaphorical, but I do like rainy weather. As long as it's not cold or flooding.

Today feels like a nice, warm spring rain.
Today feels like I have to clean up a flooded basement :(

Flipyap

While I would strangle a kitten to get some new Firefight maps, I don't think I'm going to buy this map pack. I just can't imagine ever getting to play with, when the population of Firefight Limited rarely goes above 200-300.

Waah, this is such a bummer.

Flipyap said:
While I would strangle a kitten to get some new Firefight maps, I don't think I'm going to buy this map pack. I just can't imagine ever getting to play with, when the population of Firefight Limited rarely goes above 200-300.

What about Arcade? You know you also have the firefight customs lobby.

Havok

Flipyap said:

No score attack love? It's far and away what I've spent the most time playing. I could probably recreate Courtyard accurately to the pixel at this point.

Crucio

MAN! I hate Idlers, this prick Noble hid behind the walls of the Glacier map, there is a hole in the roof and some places that have no kill zones. WTF, this should be fixed NOW.
If you guys see this guy in firefight be sure to avoid him. Game. Video soon.

This really impacts the flow of the game, especially if enemies go behind the lines and try to get him, to no avail of course.

Striker

Havok said:
No score attack love? It's far and away what I've spent the most time playing. I could probably recreate Courtyard accurately to the pixel at this point.
I asked this on the last page. Curious how Unearthed will be implemented into the Firefight work. It's large map based by screens/video, and with vehicles - it'll be fun for Score Attack, sure, but it's more built for multiple players.

A shame most other FF maps aren't genuine or rather poor. The Reach FF maps should have been more like Beachhead and Unearthed, and less like Holdout.

Flipyap

A27_StarWolf said:
What about Arcade? You know you also have the firefight customs lobby.
I don't like Arcade. Customs aren't always an option, plus I like my credits and challenges.

Havok said:
I go to Score Attack only to quickly get some challenges done, Limited is by far my favorite and the new map is supposed to be huge with focus on vehicles, that doesn't sound like a good fit for Score Attack.

Striker said:
I asked this on the last page. Curious how Unearthed will be implemented into the Firefight work. It's large map based by screens/video, and with vehicles - it'll be fun for Score Attack, sure, but it's more built for multiple players.

A shame most other FF maps aren't genuine or rather poor. The Reach FF maps should have been more like Beachhead and Unearthed, and less like Holdout.
I'm guessing it will be in a similar fashion to the Noble maps, with a hopefully higher bias of Unearthed being the first option if everyone in the party has it.

Maybe I can give you a bit clarity.
We are not allowed to post any impression of the map till Monday. Sorry for you guys! *cough*
But maybe I'm a bit drunk this weekend and don't care about the NDA ;)

zlatko

Banned
I'm going to try and snag a copy of this game back. If anyone has a copy they want to part with PM me. I already posted in the b/s/t thread, but I figured I'd post in here too in case someone wants to sell theirs for cheap. :)

JonCha said:
I'm too busy playing Battlefield.

I'm too busy trying to get people to play Halo and getting stuck playing goddamn Black Ops instead because I get outvoted. I'm pretty sure only one of my friends is even buying the map pack. Time to be forever alone (gaming wise).

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:
Maybe I can give you a bit clarity.
We are not allowed to post any impression of the map till Monday. Sorry for you guys! *cough*
Your not really under NDA, just under a request. Personally I would respect that because its not like the maps are far off any way :lol

Striker

Genesis Knight said:
I'm too busy trying to get people to play Halo and getting stuck playing goddamn Black Ops instead because I get outvoted. I'm pretty sure only one of my friends is even buying the map pack. Time to be forever alone (gaming wise).
I don't currently play any other shooter, add me. You use a mic, right?

Hey You

Dani said:
For anyone with the maps, Unearthed is playable in the Score Attack playlist.
I wonder if the other two maps are playable in other playlists. Maybe if everyone with the DLC goes into say, Team Slayer or something, and see if it shows up.

neclas

Hypertrooper said:
*cough*
As much as I want to know about the new maps, if you did this I think it would piss me off. I'm already jealous that I don't have the maps yet, but if I see people who were trusted with the maps abuse that trust, it just makes it seem even more unfair
that some of you were drenched

Steelyuhas said:
Only three achievements?

Most people won't get those achievements consider 97% of Reach's matchmaking population has no idea what an objective gametype is.

Edit: And yep, straight from xbox.com. I just went there and now it says I have 1250/1400 points for Reach and it listed those three achievements.
Lol I wouldn't say that. Maybe in Halo 3, but I notice a lot of people on my friends list play objective games too these days... and swat...(sigh)

Plywood said:
What's the worst they could do? Let you move around with armor lock?

An AA which makes your opponents bloom get bigger?
I know it's 3-4 pages back, but I feel compelled to make a list of things that 343 could realistically get wrong here.

- Revamped physics make for clunkier game play.
- 1 powerful rifle that overpowers the game and improperly balances it
- A worse cross hair/reticule that is static but there is still bloom behind the scenes
- AA that gives you more powerful bullets
- Multiple splazers on all BTB maps
- Have the announcer announce literally everything (i.e. HEADSHOT, SHOTGUN KILL, BANSHEE FLYING, TANK STOLEN, etc) that would get annoying real quick
- etc etc

There's lots that could go wrong here.

Miggytronz

Major Williams said:
I know it's 3-4 pages back, but I feel compelled to make a list of things that 343 could realistically get wrong here.

- A worse cross hair/reticule that is static but there is still bloom behind the scenes
- Have the announcer announce literally everything (i.e. HEADSHOT, SHOTGUN KILL, BANSHEE FLYING, TANK STOLEN, etc) that would get annoying real quick
- etc etc

I LOVE ALL THOSE IDEAS!! NEXT UPDATE CONFIRMED

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Major Williams said:
- etc etc

great list. Adding to to-do list.

feel

Major Williams said:
There will be a beta to catch all the stuff that could go really wrong, and they will pay attention to all the well written, elaborated, rational complaints of the longtime fans (I'm imagining a big ass Ghal post being printed out and passed around a meeting room). On their first game they won't be aiming to please the COD masses, and won't be arrogant and unwilling to admit mistakes like Bungie.

edit- *reads post above* well... fuck

You know this is what happened in past halo games with automatic rifles and if you fired your pistol too fast?

Halo 3 also had the spread.

Dani said:
For anyone with the maps, Unearthed is playable in the Score Attack playlist.

For anyone with the maps

For anyone with the maps

2pphmk7.png

Major Williams said:

- etc etc

I see nothing wrong with this list. Nothing wrong at all. Multiple hammer spawns for every team slayer map, do it 343.

Congrats on the codes guys! Access. You haz it. *f5, checks PMs*
I'm actually content to wait, it's not that far away. *f5, checks PMs*
No really I probably won't even get to play it 'til this weekend anyway *f5, checks PMs*
Of course I wouldn't turn down a chance to check it out early mind you. *f5 f5 f5 f5* is this thing working!!!

wwm0nkey

Account Attempt #4 said:
Congrats on the codes guys! Access. You haz it. *f5, checks PMs*
I'm actually content to wait, it's not that far away. *f5, checks PMs*
No really I probably won't even get to play it 'til this weekend anyway *f5, checks PMs*
Of course I wouldn't turn down a chance to check it out early mind you. *f5 f5 f5 f5* is this thing working!!!
Don't worry press F5 enough time and something will eventually happen.

Top Bottom