• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

GhaleonEB said:
I just want Firefight Classic, though it will have to be its own playlist. Won't want to mix 30 minute and 2 hour game types together. And there will need to be some way to eject idle players mid game, as they could hang around forever if there's a few good players going.

And for Firefight Grab Bag (Genny Defense, Versus, Rocket/Sniperfight) and regular Firefight to be in their own playlists. Because Rocketfight and regular Firefight are not anywhere close to the same thing. I don't go into the Firefight playlist anymore unless I have a partner to vote for normal Firefight. (Thanks for the games earlier, Dax.)
I could get behind this. Rocketfight and Sniperfight are fun, but they're way, way too easy. Its basically god mode, and that gets old pretty quickly.

GhaleonEB said:
I just want Firefight Classic, though it will have to be its own playlist. Won't want to mix 30 minute and 2 hour game types together. And there will need to be some way to eject idle players mid game, as they could hang around forever if there's a few good players going.

And for Firefight Grab Bag (Genny Defense, Versus, Rocket/Sniperfight) and regular Firefight to be in their own playlists. Because Rocketfight and regular Firefight are not anywhere close to the same thing. I don't go into the Firefight playlist anymore unless I have a partner to vote for normal Firefight. (Thanks for the games earlier, Dax.)

I love Firefight so much, but it's not set up so I can play it how it was in ODST, or to even access the normal gametype without snagging someone along for the ride right now.

14/16 on the Weekly so far.

If you look under "Leaderboards" in your service record there seems to be two new playlist - "Arcade"(Fistfight, Nadefight, Rocketfight, Sniperfight) and "Limited"(Firefight LTD, Legendary LTD, Genny LTD, Crashsite LTD) - however, they obviously are not "Live" yet.

Amazin86er said:
If you look under "Leaderboards" in your service record there seems to be two new playlist - "Arcade"(Fistfight, Nadefight, Rocketfight, Sniperfight) and "Limited"(Firefight LTD, Legendary LTD, Genny LTD, Crashsite LTD) - however, they obviously are not "Live" yet.
Holy shit. Nice catch :)

I was going to work on a fistfight mode myself. And I do have a personal Nadefight, but its just the grenade launcher with infinite ammo. Good for practicing and getting used to trick bounces.

GhaleonEB

Amazin86er said:
Whoa. I saw you mention these earlier and thought it was a wish list. :lol

The presence of "Limited" implies a future "Unlimited". And there's a Legendary in the mix, another longstanding wish of mine. That separation is exactly what I've been begging for.

And I'm officially hyped.

<3 Lars

I wonder what the difference between Genny and Crashsite is. Genny Defense was three generators, but Crashsite was the Score Attack version of it, with one generator.

The moment that button gets pressed, I'm living in the Limited playlist until the end of time. (And Unlimited, when it arrives.)

29apcgm.jpg

Cheeeeeeah. Wish I could remove the grenade belts and make the chest piece color match instead of it being perma-steel. But it's the only chest piece that resembles "pecs" like the Mark VI.

equil

Edit nvm someone already posted about the arcade and limited stuff.

And then theres this.
grifball.jpg

The picture for the grifball playlist.

GhaleonEB said:
I wonder what the difference between Genny and Crashsite is. Genny Defense was three generators, but Crashsite was the Score Attack version of it, with one generator.
I still wonder if generator defense can be tweaked to add some fun to it.

From what little I've played I think its a weakness in the AI scripting. Enemies are either fully committed to destroying the generators or else they are all fully committed to killing the players. Its too black and white and makes for overly quick games that just don't have that firefight feel to them.

If they could tweak the mode so that the enemies were split into functional behaviors like: harassers, player killers and generator killers as separate groups, maybe, just maybe, this game mode could have some legs.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
My Bnet model didn't update. Fuck my life, kill me now.

Happy Birthday Tashi!

Thanks bro and everyone else. <3

Hey, I don't normally do shit like this but I have a request letters. I think it might be time to change my stream channel picture and I really love yours but honestly I think it would be better with some color so it matches my background. If you could add some red, blue & white to that image like the MLG logo, I would love you forever and ever and ever and ever.

Lol thanks Arnie but make it a Mountain Dew :p

Arnie

Tashi0106 said:
Lol thanks Arnie but make it a Mountain Dew :p
They don't really make that shit in the UK, well they sell some faux version that tastes like medicated water. Plus I only have 7UP in the fridge, not to soften the gesture.

Tashi

Arnie said:
They don't really make that shit in the UK, well they sell some faux version that tastes like medicated water. Plus I only have 7UP in the fridge, not to soften the gesture.

Booooooooooooooooo!!! Lol I'm just joking. But since you have 7up mix some of this with it...

1638.jpg

:lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
Whoa. I saw you mention these earlier and thought it was a wish list. :lol

The presence of "Limited" implies a future "Unlimited". And there's a Legendary in the mix, another longstanding wish of mine. That separation is exactly what I've been begging for.

And I'm officially hyped.

<3 Lars

The moment that button gets pressed, I'm living in the Limited playlist until the end of time. (And Unlimited, when it arrives.)

You answered your own question.

Haven't you played generator defense in matchmaking?

Capacitor...bllllllaaaahhhhh...

I tried loading Ghal's film and a skinny black haired girl with scoliosis crawled out of my TV. Fix your Ringu Bungle!

GhaleonEB

My daughter just went into the Team Snipers playlist, though I had warned her it would be rough.

She's gotten two no-scopes, the second of which was a Revenge. The heck, that's more than I've gotten total!. :lol

Edit: three!

To be fair Ghaleon Snipers on Reach isnt that bad, the thing is a LOT easier to use these days, so to an extent you can compete with even the guys who are really good with it. You should give it a try, its totally different to Snipes on 3.

Arnie said:
That's a pretty apt description of Mountain Dew.

I fuckin' hate the Noble playlist. Oh let's play Noble. Ehm Invasion on Breakpoint, Invasion on Breakpoint, Invasion on Breakpoint, Invasion on Breakpoint. FUUUU.

GhaleonEB said:
My daughter just went into the Team Snipers playlist, though I had warned her it would be rough.

She's gotten two no-scopes, the second of which was a Revenge. The heck, that's more than I've gotten total!. :lol

Serious? o_O Isn't she like...8? Halo Prodigy?

zumphry

Banned
Hypertrooper said:

Oh, but don't you know? Bungie sucks at everything they do. Should've gone out of business once they split off from Microsoft.

GhaleonEB said:

She is the chosen one.

something something fucking Lucas something

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
played some maps from the community playlist finally, and i wanted to share my quick thoughts. bare in mind most of these i've only played one or two games on, so i'm sure it will change as i play more. all in all, not that bad IMO. 3 of the 4 were decent fun (maybe as good as bungies worst), especially if bungie decides to fine tune them (weapons, spawns, etc).

elevation - 1/5 - shit. pure and simple, snipers, low walls, death from above. i had asked the question earlier in the thread if gaf was being too harsh on the community maps, and would they get the same hate if a gaffers made them... in elevations case, yes, it would have (though i'm not sure people would be as vocal about it). too many snipers, odd layout with dead ends and low walls, and a completely all powerful upper portion of the map and a completely DOA lower level makes for truly unbalanced games.

enclosed - 4/5 cant say much on the qulity of this map, as the game i played on it we won 50 to -1 (against a mostly full team, one AFK). nice cover, decent layout. reminds me a bit of turf in a weird way. need to play more to see if its actually as good as i think.

ziggurat - 2/5 decent layout aside from the lower portion (needs an easier way up a level), questionable (ha!) weapons. remove the fuel rod, and concussions and MAYBE it would be a 3/5.

obsidian - 2/5 kind of a fun map to play with jetpacks... unfortunately, i'm not the biggest fan of jet packs. still, for a change of pace, and something that i dont take to seriously, its a fun map. could be smaller and more focused though (its massive!) so that other AA's are useful.

ZayneH said:
Totally. Even Daikatana wasn't as big of a mess as what Reach is.
Sonic the Hedgehog(2006) was more fun than Halo: Reach.
deal-with-it.gif

Dax, that is sarcasm. Because I don't want that you take this serious. Maybe you know that already, then blame me.

kylej

Banned
brings a tear to my eye to see people raging at matchmaking.

for Tashi's stream banner someone needs to cut out all the MLG players headshots and place them in a row with "the gang's all here" next to it and beside them a cartoon gravestone with a "RIP" and a silhouette of a BR on it.

feel

Tashi0106 said:
Hey, I don't normally do shit like this but I have a request letters. I think it might be time to change my stream channel picture and I really love yours but honestly I think it would be better with some color so it matches my background. If you could add some red, blue & white to that image like the MLG logo, I would love you forever and ever and ever and ever.
The previous banner with all the gradients, "depth of field" and etc just wasn't working with color (at least in my hands), so I tried to do the same thing in a different style:

2bs7ma.jpg

too simple?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I hope the Challenges start getting a little more diversified. Their large payouts help ease their repitition, but it'd be nice to have some new, unique Challenges. I just thought up of 3:

Second in Command - 3000 cR
Complete a game of Sniperfight in FireFight Matchmaking using only the Pistol

Those Were The Days - 1500 cR
Use a plasma pistol to EMP an enemy's shields and finish them off with a headshot in mulitplayer matchmaking

You Have What I Want - 2000 cR
Disable 5 vehicles in any game mode using the Grenade Launcher

:D

J-Roderton

Wow. Sure played a lot of Firefight just now. Got all challenges and only need 4 more for the weekly. Finally at Colonel as well. Off to Arena.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Letters said:
The previous banner with all the gradients, "depth of field" and etc just wasn't working with color (at least in my hands), so I tried to do the same thing in a different style:

2bs7ma.jpg

too simple?
Better than the last one. The last one was pretty bad because the stark contrast actually made the text not very legible. My 2 cents.

MrBig

Letters said:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2bs7ma.jpg[IMG]

too simple?[/QUOTE]
PS3 controller? And it's corded? :lol
Otherwise it's fitting, I like it.

Tashi

That's not a PS3 controller. And of course it's going to be wired. That controller is just part of the logo. It looks like those shitty PC pads you can buy at like Radioshack lol.

Letters, I love the logo but I know you can be more creative than that. I bet if I put that up on my stream people will be saying that it's just the stock MLG logo with my name in there. It looks great, I love it but I know that you can do some more creative stuff. So, for yourself, flex those art muscles! It's good enough for me, I love the clear, clean, simple look of it. If you don't want to, don't sweat it. I just thought maybe you'd like the challenge :)

Domino Theory said:
I hope the Challenges start getting a little more diversified. Their large payouts help ease their repitition, but it'd be nice to have some new, unique Challenges. I just thought up of 3:

Second in Command - 3000 cR
Complete a game of Sniperfight in FireFight Matchmaking using only the Pistol

Those Were The Days - 1500 cR
Use a plasma pistol to EMP an enemy's shields and finish them off with a headshot in mulitplayer matchmaking

You Have What I Want - 2000 cR
Disable 5 vehicles in any game mode using the Grenade Launcher

:D

Hire Eggs.

Tashi0106 said:
That's not a PS3 controller. And of course it's going to be wired. That controller is just part of the logo. It looks like those shitty PC pads you can buy at like Radioshack lol.

Letters, I love the logo but I know you can be more creative than that. I bet if I put that up on my stream people will be saying that it's just the stock MLG logo with my name in there. It looks great, I love it but I know that you can do some more creative stuff. So, for yourself, flex those art muscles! It's good enough for me, I love the clear, clean, simple look of it. If you don't want to, don't sweat it. I just thought maybe you'd like the challenge :)
yeah letters quit being so lazy

feel

Tried a few concepts, total shit. My mind is blank tonight, plus I'm very far from having a clue about art, my creativity and photoshop/design skills are getting wildly overrated, sorry Tashi, maybe someone else that actually knows what is doing can step up and do it right.

I love MrBig's style on that banner he made, maybe you could ask him to draw a new piece for you that better encompasses what your stream is all about in that same gorgeous art style.

Alienshogun said:
Punch him in the dick and suck him off all at the same time, you really are an artist. :lol

With that kind of wording he could've been telling me that he had sex with my wife, and I would've been totally okay with it. :)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:

Punch him in the dick and suck him off all at the same time, you really are an artist. :lol

kylej

Banned
Onyx team arena.... After waping for a while I've given up. Last few days have been so boring. Apathy has lead to some of the worst Halo I've ever played.

Tashi

Letters said:

Tried a few concepts, total shit. My mind is blank tonight, plus I'm very far from having a clue about art, my creativity and photoshop/design skills are getting wildly overrated, sorry Tashi, maybe someone else that actually knows what is doing can step up and do it right.

I love MrBig's style on that banner he made, maybe you could ask him to draw a new piece for you that better encompasses what your stream is all about in that same gorgeous art style.

There's no hurry Letters. I won't be streaming until next week. I'm gonna be partying it up most of the weekend to celebrate my birthday anyway :lol I probably won't remember asking you about this lolol.

Let the idea come to you, don't force it. I know you can do some awesome stuff. There's no pressure letters, I still love you <3 :lol

edit: Lol shogun, you really know how to take things too far :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
There's no hurry Letters. I won't be streaming until next week. I'm gonna be partying it up most of the weekend to celebrate my birthday anyway :lol I probably won't remember asking you about this lolol.

Let the idea come to you, don't force it. I know you can do some awesome stuff. There's no pressure letters, I still love you <3 :lol

edit: Lol shogun, you really know how to take things too far :lol

What can I say, it's an art. :D

Letters said:
With that kind of wording he could've been telling me that he had sex with my wife, and I would've been totally okay with it. :)

Seriously, he's a jedi master.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Letters said:

Use a different font for Tashi. That font somehow stands out as extra plain against solid backgrounds, or in areas of high contrast.

Top Bottom