• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

So good

iBxRT.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hao Chen's hair around 35:20 is perhaps the most epic thing ever. It's like George Clooney and an awesome Dessert had a baby.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Hao Chen's hair around 35:20 is perhaps the most epic thing ever. It's like George Clooney and an awesome Dessert had a baby.
I was just about to mention this. Dude's hair is pretty bad ass.

I don't think I've ever seen him in a Vidoc before.

xe9aC.jpg

Kibbles

"ODST is beyond, without a shadow of a doubt, the best halo campaign in existence" trololololololol

[edit] Yeah don't get me wrong, not saying it's bad, but it's definitely not the best. I enjoyed it on my first playthrough, but I've felt no desire to replay the game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kibbles said:
"ODST is beyond, without a shadow of a doubt, the best halo campaign in existence" trololololololol
I think it's a fresh take while keeping the core formula, can definitely be expanded upon.

Kibbles

I've never once felt compelled to replay ODST like I have all the other games.

Just before the 52min mark. Win.

ElRenoRaven

I love the honest on Halo 2. Again this is why I love Bungie. They'll be honest when they screw up. So many other companies will not.

Just finished it.

Great vidoc.

CANNOT wait to see their next game.

Something Bungie has shown before, and it made several appearances in this vidoc. Emile firing the shotgun in the dark alley and pulling the knife from the Jackel. It's clearly a finished cinematic, I wonder where in campaign it was from and why it was cut...

Wow. The last 2 minutes have me giddy.

I'm going to be pretty busy updating my Destiny page tonight.

Edit: I'm becoming more and more convinced that Destiny is the name of the planet.

MrBig

Those mountains and lighting effects at the end of the video were from a really interesting tech demo Bungie did a while ago. Guess it pertained to Destiny. Huge open areas that were all lit correctly and in real-time. Could give way to hand crafted and procedural worlds that would be needed in a multi-world system.

1windmills.jpg

And this is one of their new in-house tools
2.jpg

Risen

Great stuff... really solidifies for me why I think they are the best developer out there... bar none.

There is all this passion shown on all sides for what is broken, what's not... where missed steps were placed, but there can be no arguing that they pack more into their game than anyone else out there and really get "it" when it comes to their community.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished. I teared up twice. Had to take my glasses off and dab a bit. :'-)

Some more hinting about Destiny at the end, too: "There's a scale to what Bungie wants to do which people have not seen before." And "... a universe that, at some point, is gonna be more the fans' than our's. It's going to take a life of its own."

And then they show some scenes that aren't from Halo... and so they kind of have to be from Destiny. First glimpses here, folks!

Kuroyume

Banned
That was great. If 343 ever gets around to doing one of those for Halo 4 I want them to do one like that in terms of length and quality of production.

When the Marathon music hit at the beginning I got small goosebumps. Marathon doesn't really hold up well anymore in graphics and gameplay but the menu music is good stuff.

Those Halo 2 multiplayer clips... DAMN

I don't really think about it much but SHIT, Reach's graphics are beautiful. Just watching those cinematics made it look like night and day from Halo 3. The artists on that game really did their part well.

RdN

Great ViDoc.. Had me hooked the entire time.

But, I can't help to notice that there was no Frankie in it. I'm not trying to be some kiss ass or anything like that, but I feel that he's been a big part of building the Bungie community to the point it is today, not to mention his current work on the Halo franchise, so I thought this omission was the only lacking part of it all.

It was awesome seeing early Halo footage that I've never seen before.

It was good to see Alex Seropian again, and old man Jones.

Jerry and Mike know the score on ODST.

Luke Timmins is still a spaz.

Nico must've been happy that some Troc music made it in there. <3

Also was it on purpose that when Chris Butcher was saying "As we keep getting better at doing things, we also bite off more and more and more, meaning we're always on the verge of tackling something too big" they were showing the broken bridge in the first level of Reach that still has large parts of it untextured?

I was kind of hoping that they would go through the same doom and gloom talk in regards to Reach that they did with 2.

Oh well, even though I'm overly critical on Reach I still love Bungie and am really happy that they took the time to make that look back on everything. I hope that their next thing takes off just as big as Halo did, if not bigger. <3

Kibbles said:
They're right. >:| Well, I consider CE a tie, but they're by and far above the rest of the Halo campaigns.

feel

THAT WAS SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Halo <3 Bungie <3

Will never stop loving both.

DAT TEASER AT THE END!

Kibbles said:
Kibbles said:
I've never once felt compelled to replay ODST like I have all the other games.
Everyone here that I like, has a really shitty and angering opinion about something. This is yours. :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kuroyume said:
I don't really think about it much but SHIT, Reach's graphics are beautiful. Just watching those cinematics made it look like night and day from Halo 3. The artists on that game really did their part well.
The biggest improvements were in the faces, like night and day.

Untracked

ViDoC is awesome, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

So many memories... so much fun, excitement and joy over the years. I may not enjoy Reach's MP (fuck Armor Lock, the floaty 'Hog, Bloom, blah, blah etc.) but I'm still playing xbox daily with people I met in Halo 2.

2, 3 and ODST were the pinnacle for me, I've probably spent a quarter of my life on those and enjoyed almost every second.

Love the typical Bungie cocktease at the end. Somehow, I'm incredibly excited for something I know fuck-all about!
I hope I live long enough to see it, whatever it is and should it turn out to be a colossal failure we all know Halo is safe in Frankie's hands.

<3

Miggytronz

omg.kittens said:
Just finished. I teared up twice. Had to take my glasses off and dab a bit. :'-)

Some more hinting about Destiny at the end, too: "There's a scale to what Bungie wants to do which people have not seen before." And "... a universe that, at some point, is gonna be more the fans' than our's. It's going to take a life of its own."

And then they show some scenes that aren't from Halo... and so they kind of have to be from Destiny. First glimpses here, folks!

screams mmo to me.

senador

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Boo!!! We were promised an hour. BUNGIE LIES!!!!

And there is a download. You just have to know how to download it.

darthbob said:
I'm downloading it via Youtube.

Greasemonkey scripts yo.

What are you guys using? Care to share links? Tooble is saying: "Error D02: Error gathering information from YouTube."

Top Bottom