• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Gui_PT

Dax01 said:
Two to three hours, about.

Booties said:
protip about timezones: forget EST, PST, CST, etc. Just know GMT. west coast is -8, east coast is -5. everything in between is the filthy gutter trash of america and isn't worth learning.

Thank you. I have learned a lot with that 2nd post

Where is this vidoc that I'm hearing so much about? I demand an immediate release!

Booties said:
protip about timezones: forget EST, PST, CST, etc. Just know GMT. west coast is -8, east coast is -5. everything in between is the filthy gutter trash of america and isn't worth learning.
Boomer sooner, bitch! ;-)

Booties said:
Really?

Booties said:
Except that it's -7 and -4 during DST.

Gui_PT said:
You can get 4 or 5 Banshee kills per game on Holdout
And if you get a grunt or brute on the central turret and destroy the turret while they are still on it, you get a vehicle kill as well. I got 6 on the last Score Attack Rocket Attack on Holdout I played (Grunt w/Turret + 5 Banshees).

I recently got the Grounded commendation to Silver (500 vehicle kills in Firefight Matchmaking). It's a long way to Gold (2500).

PooBone

MrBig said:
Certainly ended up looking more drab than his concepts
It always does. The big thing concept art gets across is dramatic lighting. The one shot of concept art I've seen that a game nailed was the scene in Halo 3 where Hood is on the pelican with the red interior light and MC and Miranda Keyes are staying behind.

GhaleonEB said:
Seems fitting to wear the burn bright blue 20th anniversary shirt today for the first time. (It's a really comfy shirt.)
Probably one of the nicest fitting shirts I've ever bought. I hope the stuff from the GAF store is as comfortable.

WHERE'S THE DAMNED VIDOC?! I'M SICK AND CRANKY AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!

I am so mad a Bungie.

I think I'll start a hunger strike - I'm not eating until the ViDoc is released.

I usually take a lunch break half an hour or so from now (at 12:00 pm EST). Seems like perfect timing.

JUST PRESS THE DAMN BUTTON!

I'm sorry, it's not like me to yell, but this ViDoc is serious business. On the road for 9 hours and no ViDoc for me to watch will make me a dull boy.

PooBone

ElzarTheBam said:
You guys read this yet?

"Another example of a possible change that might come to Combat Evolved Anniversary is the fan-favorite pistol. While the overpowered little beauty will still be the same beast it always was in campaign mode, the multiplayer version might -- emphasis on might -- be changed a little bit."

And some other things are elaborated upon.
oh G4.

Ramirez

Booshka said:
Ram has already complained how there is no middle ground of skill in Reach, either beat up on BK's all day, or get dominated by teams of 4 in MLG.

lol, is this a mocking post? I don't know how to take you guys these days.

Re: The Storm

I was able to preserve the Warthog you get at the beginning as far as could possibly be utilized – all the way up to the Scarab battle. Awesomeness ensued.

8cFOV.jpg

GhaleonEB

That encounter in The Storm is my favorite in the entire Halo series.

Try playing it without ever getting in a vehicle. It was built to support that approach brilliantly.

F5F5F5F5F5

ElRenoRaven

Dax01 said:
Re: The Storm

I was able to preserve the Warthog you get at the beginning as far as could possibly be utilized – all the way up to the Scarab battle. Awesomeness ensued.

http://i.imgur.com/8cFOV.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ok. This is getting weird. I did the same damn thing yesterday when playing that level. I even managed to launch it off the crane onto the scarab too.

PooBone

FyreWulff said:
As I said before, Headlong would also be really easy (speaking from a conceptual point) map to adapt Invasion into and be really fun.

Stuff like capturing the first round of territories would make one of the cranes above the map swing the bridge piece and I-beam into place. It would already be in place for normal game modes of course.

It's frustrating that back in the Halo 2 days, we would have already heard about 'what' maps by now, but these days magazines buy up the exclusive reveals and such for these things now from the publisher, trying to sustain their relevance only to have people post about the reveal everywhere else anyway.

I thought the obvious choice for the Halo 2 map would be either Lockout or Midship since they were so popular, but they were both remade for Halo 3 and he said they didn't wanna do a map that was available on the 360..... I suppose it could be Headlong. I'd like that or Colossus or Relic.... or TURF personally. God those 1 flag CTF games on Turf were so fuckin awesome.

Blue Ninja said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PsychoRaven said:
Ok. This is getting weird. I did the same damn thing yesterday when playing that level. I even managed to launch it off the crane onto the scarab too.
lol. I should've tried that!
GhaleonEB said:
That encounter in The Storm is my favorite in the entire Halo series.

Try playing it without ever getting in a vehicle. It was built to support that approach brilliantly.
I did that very recently, if you remembered. During my "on-foot" playthrough of the campaign in late May/early June. I love taking the elevator up and trying to hop on top of the Scarab.

PooBone

J10 said:
I was messing around with the Forerunner combat skin concept in Photoshop, trying to make it look more Spartan-ish.

PrometheanChief.jpg

I know some folks wouldn't want such a radical redesign for the Chief, but I really like the idea of him upgrading his armor with Forerunner technology.
Class 12 combat skin confirmed.

Looks pretty rad. Maybe for the last level of the game or something, but the chief is too iconic to be making such radical suit changes.

Dax01 said:
I love taking the elevator up and trying to hop on top of the Scarab.
Yeah, I didn't ever even know that elevator was there until like a year after the game came out. A vehicle-less playthrough sounds cool, would be interesting for The Ark. Were you able to get around the hornet section?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
PooBone said:
Class 12 combat skin confirmed.

Looks pretty rad. Maybe for the last level of the game or something, but the chief is too iconic to be making such radical suit changes.

Yeah, I didn't ever even know that elevator was there until like a year after the game came out. A vehicle-less playthrough sounds cool, would be interesting for The Ark. Were you able to get around the hornet section?

I knew you was a Fang Banger. I knewd it.

PrometheanChief.jpg

PooBone

squidhands said:
oh my god. They all sound incredible. The noise the Rocket Launcher makes when it feeds a round into the tube...soundgasm.

Interestingly, the name dropped in the bulletin informs me that the audio director for Halo: CEA did the sound design on FEAR. For the time that game was above all else in terms of gun sounds punching you in the balls, ricochets, etc.

Good news imo. Give the AR a non-nailgun sound effect.

senador

Banned
Im_So_Hyped

I wonder what it'll be like. I hope it's has lots of people from the studio including lots of Jason Jones. He's probably too modest though.

Plywood said:
http://i.imgur.com/9pQab.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
[img]http://www.abload.de/img/7bgjlfc61.gif

Just kidding bro. Or am I..?

And I'm not going to be able to watch the ViDoc 'til later tonight. Bugger me sideways.

Top Bottom